Anyone else ever met the mayor of Main St. USA?

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Has anyone else ever met the mayor of Main St. USA?
He was so funny!
He asked us where we were from & when we told him, he said that his favorite restaurant was there.
We asked him which one & he replied, "McDonald's!" :lol:
He even let my youngest son hold his cane.

nngrendel

Yes. My daughter has her picture taken with him. He was quite funny. Its been a few years but I think its the same guy.

disneyniebo

Last November we met him. I have my picture with him. As my wife and I were wearing our happy anniversary buttons, he congratulated us and wished us many more magical years together.

Very nice man and funny as well.

What a treat.:)

Chape19714

As a former citizen of Main Street (I've since "moved" to Hollywood), Mayer Weaver is quite frankly the best Politican money can buy! I know the mayor quite well, he's very nice. He is often seen amoung an ensamble of other Main Street Citizens.

Foolish1

Every time I have talked with him, he would make mention about how glad he was he got re-elected, or how he is hoping to get re-elected.

With the elections upon us, I highly recommend you comment back to him as I always do now:

I vote/will vote for you. Twice in fact!

He loves it. Great guy.

tigsmom

Yep, sure have! :cool:

Happiness.JPG

BigB911

We met him while waiting for the parade. He came walking by, saw our anniversary buttons, and wished us a Happy Anniversary. Then he asked how many years? I said 6. Then he says, "How many happy?" Totally stumped me:shrug: to which I got hit in my chest by the DW!

Chape19714

Of note, the Mayor is once again up for re-election in the next few weeks, so be sure to show him support! He's having rally events on most mornings inside the cinema with many of the other citizens.

RiversideBunny

Who are all the Main Street people characters?

The reason I ask is that once we were eating lunch in the Plaza Restaurant, the one next to the ice cream shop, and two people came in and sat down who looked like special CM's.
One was a lady with a big hat dressed like the 1900's who talked loud and seemed to be a celebrity.
The other was a guy who was dressed in what I call a semi-Grinch outfit, with long fingers and a elfy hat, and a maybe a lot of orange.

They definitely were not guests and it was not Halloween.

Tks.
:)

Mansionbutler

Mayor our last trip!

I seen the Mayor our last trip it and it was a while since i have seen him had to stop and get a picture with him. always a nice guy we talked for about a half hour the morning we walked down main street.
hx7ndl.jpg

pacochran

I remember way back hearing about him, but had forgotten about it. Will have to keep it in mind and look out for him when we go in December.

shoppingnut

Who are all the Main Street people characters?

The reason I ask is that once we were eating lunch in the Plaza Restaurant, the one next to the ice cream shop, and two people came in and sat down who looked like special CM's.
One was a lady with a big hat dressed like the 1900's who talked loud and seemed to be a celebrity.
The other was a guy who was dressed in what I call a semi-Grinch outfit, with long fingers and a elfy hat, and a maybe a lot of orange.

They definitely were not guests and it was not Halloween.

Tks.
:)

Don't know who the guy was, but the lady is one of the three ladies you might see on main street. Not sure of their official title, but they are sorta like town gossips.

I've met the mayor, smokey and the councilman a few times, as well as the gossip ladies. During my trip in July with my 14 year old nephew, we stopped to talk to the councilman and he noticed my nephew's tshirt. Told him that he sees that his name is "George" and how nice it was that they named a "Town" after him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom