Anyone else do this?

gembob

Original Poster
I absolutely adore Norway ride in WS but the post-show film absolutely bores me to death!! So after falling asleep in the theatre on the first and second time I saw this, I now just run straight through so I don't get locked in there!!!! CM's don't always look too impressed though!!

Kelsybelle

Oh, you are not alone! I too get out of the theater as fast as I can. I have sat throught the show numerous times but until there is an upgrade, I don't think I can do it! :)

Captain Hank

I decided to see the film at the end of the ride, even though I'd heard so many unpleasant things about it. I decided that I really don't like it and have run the "Maelstrom Marathon" every time since then. I do feel a twinge of guilt as I go past the Norway CMs. Doesn't last long, though.

castlecake2.0

I think you should see it at least once, but after that I would just pass through. I'm pretty sure the Cast Members won't mind, seeing as my Norwegian friends do it all the time:p

I also have noticed people going over the ropes near the Fast Pass machines rather than having to walk through the gift shop. Any of you do this?? I have to say I skip the movie but walk through the gift shop.

EPCOT Explorer

I LOVE the Norway movie!...People like you made them stop showing it!:(:fork:

(No, it's actually Norway's fault-They no longer sponsor their own pavilion.:rolleyes:)

hpyhnt 1000

I LOVE the Norway movie!...People like you made them stop showing it!:(:fork:

(No, it's actually Norway's fault-They no longer sponsor their own pavilion.:rolleyes:)

In Norway's defense, no country, except for Morocco, sponsor's their respective pavilions. And as far as the Norway film, we've only been on Maelstrom twice, so we've watched the film each time. Still, can't say I wouldn't run through the theater myself to get out of watching it. :lookaroun :eek: Really should be updated...

hack2112

The last time I rode Malstrom I was applauded by the guests sitting down as I walked through the theater.

Wonder what that means...

epcotWSC

When I went in the summer I don't believe they had the movie, then again, it could have been that I booked out and didn't notice.

BTW, it would be nice if the respective countries sponsored their pavilion. Maybe we'd finally get an Italy, Germany, Japan, and UK attraction. Although it's quite interesting that Morocco sponsors their pavilion and yet, they don't have an attraction.

guitarnut99

The last time we were there, April '08, the cast member introducing the movie even said if you don't want to watch it you can exit now. So I don't think they mind if you don't watch the movie. Plus, I don't think they expect you to watch it everytime you ride the ride. We rode Maelstrom a few times, but only watched the movie the first time.

gembob

Original Poster
When I went in the summer I don't believe they had the movie, then again, it could have been that I booked out and didn't notice.

BTW, it would be nice if the respective countries sponsored their pavilion. Maybe we'd finally get an Italy, Germany, Japan, and UK attraction. Although it's quite interesting that Morocco sponsors their pavilion and yet, they don't have an attraction.

Unfortunately speaking for the UK I really don't see this happening. The government has had to bail our banks out too. High street, popular shops are going into administration daily and unemployment is probably going to double within the next couple of years so I don't really see any major company that would be willing to make this kind of investment.

Jerriko

As I understood it, each country sponsors their pavilion. The difference with Morroco is that the King himself sent representative over to oversee the entire construction of their pavilion. The rest were done only by the imagineers.

Nothing gets updated unless like China and finally Canada ponies up the dough to change anything.

Chris

NadieMasK2

Yep, I've watched the movie once and then just bypassed it after that. Heck, we haven't even ridden Maelstrom in the last several visits - it just seems like such a short ride and hardly worth it. :shrug:

Captain Hank

As I understood it, each country sponsors their pavilion. The difference with Morroco is that the King himself sent representative over to oversee the entire construction of their pavilion. The rest were done only by the imagineers.

Nothing gets updated unless like China and finally Canada ponies up the dough to change anything.

Chris
Morocco is the only country that sponsors its own pavilion. Most of the others are sponsored by companies based in the respective countries. IIRC, Norway used to be sponsored by a group of travel-related Norwegian companies--hence the cruise ship in the loading area mural in Maelstrom. It currently operates without a sponsor. Canada and the American Adventure are also sponsor-less (save for the Liberty Inn at AA, sponsored by Coca-Cola). Most of the other pavilions are sponsored by the companies that run the major shops and restaurants in the pavilion, such as Mitsukoshi for Japan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom