Anyone else do this?

Phonedave

I watch it most of the time. It depends on the timing. If I get there just as the doors are closing, and I have to wait a full cycle on the "wharf" then I walk through. But if it hit it so I am not waiting and waiting for it, then I watch it.

I think the way it is staged is pretty poor. While the film is as old as the hills, I still get a kick out of watching it.

-dave

the-reason14

Oh yea, we do this all the time. I have never seen the movie, and probably will never see it. Cant say I feel guilty either. It just annoys me when I get off the ride and I see the doors shut, like I just missed it, dang, gotta wait 5 minutes. I also dont like walking through the gift shops when the daylight is right there. So I try hopping instead, rarely, but sometimes if Im in a hurry.

Philo

It depends what mood I'm in. I'm not a big fan of the film but after a long day in the park, I am a fan of sitting down for a few minutes and I would rather sit whilst being (loosely) entertained.

It really bugs me when people run through the one mans dream show though...

disneydiva72

I absolutely adore Norway ride in WS but the post-show film absolutely bores me to death!! So after falling asleep in the theatre on the first and second time I saw this, I now just run straight through so I don't get locked in there!!!! CM's don't always look too impressed though!!

YUP! Im an offender....I mean really, how many times can you watch the SAME movie over and over again.

I love that ride too! :D

wvdisneyfamily

It depends what mood I'm in. I'm not a big fan of the film but after a long day in the park, I am a fan of sitting down for a few minutes and I would rather sit whilst being (loosely) entertained.

People actually do that?!

gembob

Original Poster

Yeah that is a crime! I love that show!

ttalovebug

I personally really like the movie. Watching it several times can get boring, yeah. But watch it at least once if you haven't seen it. It's five minutes, people.

The first time I went to WDW I was 7, and after we rode the Maelstrom we all sat in the theatre, waiting for the movie, because we didn't know what to expect. After repeated announcements of "there will be a short film in 5 minutes", "4 minutes", etc., the final announcement was simply "there will be no short film in 1 minute", and we still pull that quote out every once in awhile :).

My over developed sense of guilt prevents me from leaving the theatre without sitting to watch the movie, but since I've only gone a few times, I think that once every few years I can spare the time to watch it, no matter how dull it may seem.

dove_

My family and I always skipped the movie.

Finally, when I was there with my marching band, we were silly all the way through Maelstrom, and then stayed for the movie, too. It may have just been us, but now I find that movie hilariously kitschy.

Plus, I love Norway cause I am norwegian :)

NiarrNDisney

I can honestly say I don't think I have ever seen it, running always seemed to be the best option for my friends and I. I don't think I have ever taken the time to look through the store either. O well!

I do that every single time, except for this one time this past summer. We exited the boat and the doors on the other side had already closed. Not a fan of the film at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom