Anyone else booked for the 50th Anniversary?

jmargarone27

Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone else has booked their trips yet for the 50th Anniversary Celebration?! I’m booked at the Grand Floridian 10/1-6. The CM that booked my trip over the phone was borderline rude and not helpful...hope this company isn’t going down the tubes! Also hoping things will be somewhat back to normal by then.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I didn’t book for that week but I did book for mid September. I wanted to avoid the 50th day of crowds but wanted to go close to it. My husband isn’t a Disney fanatic like me so I wanted him to be able to enjoy the trip some too lol.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My wife was born 7 days after WDW opened so we really want to do a trip for the her 50th birthday. We aren't interested in going for the actual anniversary, but we are looking at early November so we can see the Christmas decorations. I am not booking yet, I am waiting to see how things go next year before I make the decision to go or not.

I didn’t book for that week but I did book for mid September. I wanted to avoid the 50th day of crowds but wanted to go close to it. My husband isn’t a Disney fanatic like me so I wanted him to be able to enjoy the trip some too lol.
Same! Hoping we get some anniversary love, at least merch or something , by mid Sept

HarperRose

I'm looking to book a trip for the third week in October, but I'm standing back and watching how things progress and change at the parks. Resorts rates are outrageously expensive the dates I'm looking, so that will be a factor, too. $200+ a night for Pop Century? No way.

RScottyL

How long does the celebration usually go on for?

I want to be able to go and get merchandise but may not go in October!

Do you think it will still be going on in January 2022?

Jedi Osborn

Our first trip to WDW was our honeymoon in 1996, the 25th anniversary.
We've thought about Disney's 50th ever since then because it would mean our 25th.
And here we are 25 years later, so we're going to book a trip in mid October and hope for the best.

When does merch typically start being sold? I was hoping it would start to be sold the year of the anniversary
Same! Being there 9/14 for my wedding anniversary is most important, so hopefully we’ll be able to snag something... can’t imagine Disney would want to miss out on having extra time to sell merch and make more money

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom