Anyone dislike the volggers content?

Goofyernmost

I saw that and thought it was disgusting, especially after quitting a full time job to be a blogger then asking people to pay for his new toys
Not really toys, but wouldn't they be business related equipment at this point? Takes pretty big misc. parts to ask others to pay directly for things to help him make more money.

Listen though, along those lines, if someone(s) could spare a few thousand bucks so I can afford to travel full time, I would appreciate it. Life is so difficult.

Brad Bishop

Brayden (not Brandon as I said last time) came out with a video that was largely critical of how the parks were being run.

Mickey Views

Not just based upon the video mentioned above: I see Brayden as having a lucrative career in travel entertainment. If he expanded outside of the Disney parks I think he could become a "must watch" sort of travel guide/channel.

He has a "Samantha Brown" sort of appeal to him.

Brayden: if you're reading this - don't go to TV. TV is dying. Don't be inside the belly of the beast when it dies.

mergatroid

That Tattlelife forum is getting worse. Went back on to see what they're saying about the Trackers currently, it's quite astonishing and pathetic really. The latest is a combination of making personal remarks about Jenn's lack of love of her son and comments about Tim's filming being wobbly and out of focus. This then changes to them wondering whether Tim's got a motor neurone disease with one of them even saying "I'm praying it's Parkinsons".

There's some sad people on there.

Goofyernmost

Brayden (not Brandon as I said last time) came out with a video that was largely critical of how the parks were being run.

Mickey Views

Not just based upon the video mentioned above: I see Brayden as having a lucrative career in travel entertainment. If he expanded outside of the Disney parks I think he could become a "must watch" sort of travel guide/channel.

Brayden: if you're reading this - don't go to TV. TV is dying. Don't be inside the belly of the beast when it dies.

I have publicly posted my opinion about Brayden being hard to listen too. On a lighter note, he does appear to have finally gotten through puberty and appears far older and more mature. He also made a lot of sense in this broadcast. He hit the nail flush on the head and told it like it is. My only objection is your comparison to Samantha Brown. No, no, no, no! He might be a lot of things but, being even closely able to compare him to her is practically sacrilege. He did look very professional in that vlog though. I had bad thoughts about Genie with just the 30 minute, bright and perky, vlog about Genie and Genie+ I watched a day or so ago, but now I know I will not be heading back there unless things go back to the better. The likelihood of that happening are zilch! zero, notta. It appears to be worse then even I imagined. WDW has truly become the playground of the very wealthy. I know if I were one of those I would find so many more wonderful things to spend it on.

KellBelle

That Tattlelife forum is getting worse. Went back on to see what they're saying about the Trackers currently, it's quite astonishing and pathetic really. The latest is a combination of making personal remarks about Jenn's lack of love of her son and comments about Tim's filming being wobbly and out of focus. This then changes to them wondering whether Tim's got a motor neurone disease with one of them even saying "I'm praying it's Parkinsons".

I look there from time to time and feel the same way. I cannot believe some of the comments that I've read. I will never understand how someone can carry so much hatred.

LittleMerman

I discovered park vloggers a few years ago and quickly stopped watching most of them. Most of them are incredibly irritating - a lot of them feel like cheap newscasters that have to pull whatever bs content out of their ***es just to be able to make regular videos for the sake of getting views and money. Disney vloggers will talk about a new brick in the park just to have content. It seems silly and desperate and most of them come across as incredibly self-serving.

I especially dislike the vlogs that are obviously working with the parks and getting free perks because I don't feel like I can trust that they're being truthful about their opinions and experiences. When they turn into commercials, the audience can see through it and it stops being genuine which spoils the entertainment aspect. Plus, I quickly realized that as much as I love and miss the parks, I personally don't need to watch people go to them daily. I get almost nothing from that.

The one daily park vlogger I still watch from time to time is Super Enthused. She's very good at speaking to the camera and she seems real enough to believe that she's being honest. I find her to be overall very positive and likeable.

I used to watch the Trackers but I will not support them for many reasons. Their content is stale - Tim is good at what he does and I'll give him credit for being the first, but his videos became very redundant. And now that his child is heavily featured the content is incredibly boring to me. Also, Jen comes across as very off-putting. Mostly, I don't like their racist and homophobic comments. I just don't find Tim or Jen to be authentic - like most vloggers, they seem in it for the money. And I've heard multiple stories about them being incredibly rude and barking at their followers in the parks.

I used to watch Disney Food Blog but realized most of her content is very negative. I used to watch Michael Kay but found him to be "Disney blind" - he loved pretty much everything Disney did because he loves the company so much which is fine but I couldn't trust his opinions. I tried to get into AllEars.net, Blair Lamb, Kyle Pallo, and Adults In Disney but found their lack of charisma not conducive for vlogging. I found Disney Dan to be incredibly annoying and obnoxious.

I do like to watch the vloggers that provide news because they work hard to gather useful and/or interesting information vs. just walking around a theme park filming themselves riding the same rides day after day and stuffing their faces with snacks. Defunctland, Midway to Main Street, ReviewTyme, Theme Park Stop (mostly Universal), and Yesterworld Entertainment are all great for informational content. I used to like DSNY Newscast but he started making ignorant comments on social media and was actually quite rude to me personally. Plus I find all of his charts and predictions and what not very foolish and honestly it's hard to understand him a lot of the time.

So those are my two cents. Vlogs can be very entertaining to get information of if you want to "experience" the parks on a daily basis. And they definitely have their place from an advertising and promotional aspect regarding the partnerships with the brands themselves. Overall, Disney vloggers mostly seem cheap to me because there's such a huge Disney fanbase that they don't have to necessarily be good at vlogging, have a captivating personality, or really contribute much of anything to get viewers - people eat up Disney content so the views are built-in. The Trackers hit something big and then the Disney vloggers came out in throngs to copy them and make a relatively easy buck. Good for anyone that can make a profit from going to a theme park though.

Last edited:

mergatroid

And now they're all posting pictures of their cats saying how great cats are and how much they love them. Kind of ironic how just the other week they were criticising Tim and Jenn's love of their late dog 'Bandit' saying he was just a prop and because they were vlogging days after he passed away that's proof they didn't love him. Now they're all posting about their current or late cats that they've never even mentioned before without a hint or irony.

JoMarch

I was looking through Instagram and Kylepallo was asking his viewers about the MacBook Pro and showing the price and indicating that this would provide better service...it was almost disgusting and insinuating that he really was looking for leads for his viewers to payoff the computer. It is almost becoming a begging opportunity for some and there are many viewers that will provide money to buy it.

My thought...Get A Real Job and Keep Vlogging as a part time gig.
It’s not my worry, but what are these guys going to do when they approach 40? Or if YouTube ever changed their posting rules again, took more of a cut, etc

Giss Neric

Mickey Views

I'm pretty sure Brayden is Tom Corless Jr.

ABQ

And now they're all posting pictures of their cats saying how great cats are and how much they love them. Kind of ironic how just the other week they were criticising Tim and Jenn's love of their late dog 'Bandit' saying he was just a prop and because they were vlogging days after he passed away that's proof they didn't love him. Now they're all posting about their current or late cats that they've never even mentioned before without a hint or irony.
Aww, Bandit did finally pass away? I stopped watching the Trackers a while back, but the poor pup had been sick for what seemed years. Sad for the dog.

Diamond Dot

Remember when we woul do anything to avoid having to watch a home video of anything , let alone a vacation. Not to mention having to look through other peoples snapshots. Now it's big business. Why the obsession with other people's lives? Don't feel sorry for these vloggers who have a ton of subscribers and don't fall for their pleas for funds, they do very wel out of their monetized videos.

I did used to enjoy Disney Food Blog, until she started rehashing everything and my last trip, but, one, I had taken her advice about using snack credits on the DDP and it was a huge mistake, the old 'more bang for your buck' nonsense. Have what you want as a snack credit (apart from water) don't go without because it is under $5. I paid out of pocket for the cheaper snacks and on my last day had a ton of snack credits I rushed to use and ended up buying stuff I didn't really want.

There is a danger in taking these vloggers advice, especially when it comes to food, the number of things I have had because DFB has recommended it as a must have and I've ended up wasting it.

I feel that vloggers are sometimes rubbing it in about how fortunate they are to be able to go to the parks and do what they do, because they can afford it due to their monetized videos or freebies while the rest of us look on. I was shocked when I watched Tim Tracker and Jenn went to Victoria and Alberts and bragged about how much they spent (nearly$1000) but, it didn't occur to me to question how they could afford that, I'd only just started watching YouTube and didn't know about monetizing. He doesn't have a real job and they spent more on one meal than people do on a whole vacation!! These vloggers are laughing at us everytime they see a watch or like for a video.

Dear Prudence

Remember when we woul do anything to avoid having to watch a home video of anything , let alone a vacation. Not to mention having to look through other peoples snapshots. Now it's big business. Why the obsession with other people's lives? Don't feel sorry for these vloggers who have a ton of subscribers and don't fall for their pleas for funds, they do very wel out of their monetized videos.

I did used to enjoy Disney Food Blog, until she started rehashing everything and my last trip, but, one, I had taken her advice about using snack credits on the DDP and it was a huge mistake, the old 'more bang for your buck' nonsense. Have what you want as a snack credit (apart from water) don't go without because it is under $5. I paid out of pocket for the cheaper snacks and on my last day had a ton of snack credits I rushed to use and ended up buying stuff I didn't really want.

There is a danger in taking these vloggers advice, especially when it comes to food, the number of things I have had because DFB has recommended it as a must have and I've ended up wasting it.

I feel that vloggers are sometimes rubbing it in about how fortunate they are to be able to go to the parks and do what they do, because they can afford it due to their monetized videos or freebies while the rest of us look on. I was shocked when I watched Tim Tracker and Jenn went to Victoria and Alberts and bragged about how much they spent (nearly$1000) but, it didn't occur to me to question how they could afford that, I'd only just started watching YouTube and didn't know about monetizing. He doesn't have a real job and they spent more on one meal than people do on a whole vacation!! These vloggers are laughing at us everytime they see a watch or like for a video.
Okay, this comment made me laugh out loud because you've nailed it. When I was a kid, watching other people's vacation videos was like a punishment. Now it's monetized.

Brad Bishop

Another thing with the Disney vloggers: Even the ones who dare to be critical go right back to hocking Disney parks and merch the next episode.

It's like 100 videos of, "Disney can do no wrong. Let me show you things that you can buy at the parks!"
Then: "Disney added this pay-for feature. I don't know where the parks are heading."
and then it's back to: "I'm back with some more free advertising for Disney. Look at these cupcakes! Aren't they great! Just released today. I tried one. They're fantastic!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom