Anyone dislike the volggers content?

ABQ

To follow up on some of @Brad Bishop 's points regarding vloggers being given special access by Disney. My greatest issue with these people are that they seem to attempt to portray all their opinions as genuine, and some may be, but it's a bit dubious to assume all their claims are. As most everyone on this forum has been to WDW countless times and obviously still enjoys going, ask yourself if you've never had a critical opinion of something at WDW. Then, if you watch a vlogger you enjoy reviewing this parade, that nighttime spectacular, another new cupcake, a hotel room, a pool etc... And ask how everything can always be so rosy? Odds are they just don't comment on the things they are critical of. That annoys me. As omitting the bad gives a false impression that everything it fantastic all the time. That's just impossible to believe.
Sadly, there's a few vloggers whom I used to enjoy watching, they weren't those with 100's of thousands of subscribers and they appeared to really be trying hard and being honest, however in the past year they have acquired some level of media access to WDW, Universal and so on and their tone has absolutely become less critical and only positive. The most they may critique is a drink they disliked. And good on them, I know what to expect from them now, but I don't like that they still seem to attempt to portray themselves as unbiased and critical.

Dear Prudence

The other thing I don't understand is people complaining, openly, about other vloggers and crying because they aren't more popular. Magic Journeys only has 200k and they are constantly putting out engaging quality content. Even if it's just them eating something or reviewing treats, they are honest and engaging. They're not putting anyone else down or complaining about not being more or less popular. Cassi’s Castle only has about 3.5k subs and she still creates nice videos that are very enjoyable. Not a Disney vlogger, but Christine McConnell consistently puts out television-quality content and she only has 354K subscribers and chooses to give her best videos only to her Patreon patrons. Focus on the quality of your content and product and don't be so concerned with what other people are doing.

Chip Chipperson

The other thing I don't understand is people complaining, openly, about other vloggers and crying because they aren't more popular. Magic Journeys only has 200k and they are constantly putting out engaging quality content. Even if it's just them eating something or reviewing treats, they are honest and engaging. They're not putting anyone else down or complaining about not being more or less popular. Cassi’s Castle only has about 3.5k subs and she still creates nice videos that are very enjoyable. Not a Disney vlogger, but Christine McConnell consistently puts out television-quality content and she only has 354K subscribers and chooses to give her best videos only to her Patreon patrons. Focus on the quality of your content and product and don't be so concerned with what other people are doing.

There are vloggers who complain in their vlogs about not having as many viewers/subscribers as other vlogs??? Without knowing who these people are or what the rest of their content is, I think I can take a guess as to one big reason why they don't have more viewers.

Dear Prudence

There are vloggers who complain in their vlogs about not having as many viewers/subscribers as other vlogs??? Without knowing who these people are or what the rest of their content is, I think I can take a guess as to one big reason why they don't have more viewers.
EXACTLY!

I don't want to name names, but I am sure people can figure out who they are, but it's just so annoying. Everyone knows that you're at the mercy of the YT algorithm gods. So even people like Magic Journeys aren't getting the kind of views they should be, despite consistently making and producing quality content. Even if they don't like something, which they always say when they do or not, they do so in a way that's polite and constructive, and are not overtly, disingenuously positive. I unfollowed them because I thought they did too much irresponsible traveling/ outings in the pre-vaxx pandemic (even if I do understand that that's their livelihoods), they really seem like genuinely nice people who put in a lot of effort. The time spent whining about how "unfair" it is could be put towards making better content. Sometimes it's the YT algorithm gods, and sometimes, it's really because your stuff sucks, unfortunately.

BHF

On the subject of vloggers, does anybody know whatever happened to that guy who was posting illegal trespassing videos for awhile? Not Adam the Woo, who stopped that schtick years ago, but this kid was doing some seriously dangerous stuff, like hiking BTMR in the middle of the night, skateboarding around World Showcase after being told to stay completely off property, and so on. He made Disney security and local police look like complete fools by keeping on returning back to property under the radar, and posting his defiance on YouTube.
He had just dropped off social media completely last time I looked back in 2020 sometime. Many viewers who watched his vlogs kept waiting for something dramatic and dangerous to happen, arrest, injury, death, another trespass, but he just poofed off of YouTube completely. In the YT comments, many of us kept pushing him to take a step further and further in his antics, considering he is crazy enough to oblige. lol

Last edited:

Giss Neric

On the subject of vloggers, does anybody know whatever happened to that guy who was posting illegal trespassing videos for awhile? Not Adam the Woo, who stopped that schtick years ago, but this kid was doing some seriously dangerous stuff, like hiking BTMR in the middle of the night, skateboarding around World Showcase after being told to stay completely off property, and so on. He made Disney security and local police look like complete fools by keeping on returning back to property under the radar.
He had just dropped off social media completely last time I looked back in 2020 sometime. Many of us who watched his vlogs kept waiting for something dramatic and exciting to happen, arrest, injury, another trespass, but he just poofed off of YouTube completely. In the YT comments, many of us kept pushing him to take a step further and further in his antics, considering he is crazy enough to oblige. lol
Matt Sonswa? His channel is still up but hasn't posted any new content for months. He got the attention of the news outlets so probably Disney too.

BHF

Matt Sonswa? His channel is still up but hasn't posted any new content for months. He got the attention of the news outlets so probably Disney too.
That's the one. Yeah his channel had gone quiet last time I had looked also. Wasn't sure if he got busted or just outgrew the shenanigans.

bcoachable

So, That Theme Park Bench posted a new video sometime this weekend- it was an hour long- of just sitting on a bench people watching from Hollywood Studios on Sunset Blv.... watching the sun set! No talking, no Hyping, no food reviews... just sitting, watching and listening. I cant stop watching... Lol. They don't have very many followers, so it's not about the money... it's just about helping "poor, old people" like me, visit the parks for a second, until I can afford my next trip. Ha!
Any others out there like this one that I should go follow?

ABQ

So, That Theme Park Bench posted a new video sometime this weekend- it was an hour long- of just sitting on a bench people watching from Hollywood Studios on Sunset Blv.... watching the sun set! No talking, no Hyping, no food reviews... just sitting, watching and listening. I cant stop watching... Lol. They don't have very many followers, so it's not about the money... it's just about helping "poor, old people" like me, visit the parks for a second, until I can afford my next trip. Ha!
I'd love to see them do that from one of the benches on the hill going down to the international gateway off the bridge between the UK and France in Epcot. All tilted for an hour, see if it makes viewers lean over as they watch.

Walter Elias Disney

I was looking through Instagram and Kylepallo was asking his viewers about the MacBook Pro and showing the price and indicating that this would provide better service...it was almost disgusting and insinuating that he really was looking for leads for his viewers to payoff the computer. It is almost becoming a begging opportunity for some and there are many viewers that will provide money to buy it.

My thought...Get A Real Job and Keep Vlogging as a part time gig.

Giss Neric

Do you like watching ASMR vids too? Cause that's what those vids are basically. Just listening to the sounds.

Giss Neric

I was looking through Instagram and Kylepallo was asking his viewers about the MacBook Pro and showing the price and indicating that this would provide better service...it was almost disgusting and insinuating that he really was looking for leads for his viewers to payoff the computer. It is almost becoming a begging opportunity for some and there are many viewers that will provide money to buy it.

Yikes! Well, not defending him and Jojo but at least they are upfront about where the "donations" go to. They actually vlog where the money goes like purchasing stuff in the parks. Kyle bought a $200 Ray Ban sunglasses in Magic Kingdom in his recent vlog and we all know that did not come from his own money cause he said that he never wears sunglasses, so why would he spent his money on something he doesn't usually wear.

castlecake2.0

I saw that and thought it was disgusting, especially after quitting a full time job to be a blogger then asking people to pay for his new toys

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom