Anyone called for ADRs during Free Dining Lately?

Ravenclaw87

Hey all,

I was just wondering what the availability for dining during the free period is right now. I have all of my ressies made, but I've been considering changing one or two of them. We're going September 20-27, so we're at the very end of the free period.

Thanks for your help/answers! :)

lebeau

I've been trying to change a reservation for 09/20 with no luck. I'm going to keep trying. We'll have to see how it goes. I'm hoping to switch to O'Hana that night.

Upvote 0
I tried to change an ADR that we had at Cape May for September 18th. I tried at least a dozen places, maybe more before I found something. We wanted a ressie around 6 or so but the best I could do was 4:10 at Hollywood and Vine.

I'm a bit nervous about the crowds this year. We have gone just about every September since 2000 except for 2001 and once free dining started the crowds increased but I've never had this much trouble in the past making an ADR, with or without the free dining crowds.

Upvote 0

NCState

I called Sunday (6/15) for dinner on Sept 8 at 1900 Park Fare. They didn't have anything on that date so I tried the Wave and got a 5:40 pm time. I think I got it because it's new and not a lot of people know that it's open now.

Upvote 0
I just added an ADR for Artist's Point on 9/13 (a Saturday night!) and was able to get a table for two at 9:15pm. Based on what I was reading on these threads I just had to check out WL and get some of that salmon and cobbler.
:slurp:

Upvote 0

marypoppins68

I called today and got a 4:45 dinner reservation for Boma on Sept. 20. I was also able to get the Plaza at the MK for lunch at 11:15. I think you have to be willing to go at off times for some of these places.

Upvote 0

chrisdadrocks

Its hard to do

I am going the same time you are and i found it hard getting what I wanted and tried to change a res but couldn't. I called again a week later and was able to. Just keep trying or I found it easier if you make them at times that are not popular. which I don't mind doing. Be felxable is the key.

Upvote 0

Raychul

I am going the week before you and it's been hit or miss. Hard to get a character dining but I have had no problem with normal sit-down meals. Was not able to get Chef Mickey or Donalds Safari for anytime during the whole week I am there (but I am still trying), but I did get Crystal Palace, the Yak and Yeti and Sci-Fi Dine-In.

Upvote 0

Doombuggy13

I had alot problems scheduling ADR's for our trip 9/10-9/17. Mind you I waited until 90 days out to call, and I certainly learned my lesson on waiting. We were unable to get any reservations for Chef Mickey's when we are planning to be at MK, Mickey's and backyard BBQ was sold out both nights it is offered while we are there. With a little re-planning and several phone calls I was able to schedule all of our table service meals. My family is a little diappointed because Chef Mickey's is one of our usual must do's. The way I look at it is that we now are able to experience some TS meals we have not done in the past.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

I tried to change some for late October/early November and had troubles getting anything even close to what I wanted. It's not even free dining time! :brick:Mama Melrose?? No Fantasmic PKG on a Tuesday :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

I have been pretty lucky lately. We made all our ADRs at the 180 mark but a few weeks ago we decided to try to add the Fantasmic Dinner Package. We were able to do that we just had to give up our 6:00 for an earlier time the same day. We also got an ADR moved up a little bit to be able to attend MNSSHP. We didn't get it moved up as much as we needed to because everything was pretty booked. (for where we wanted that is)
If there is something that you want to change it doesn't hurt to keep calling. People cancel all the time. :wave:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Trip is Sept 9-14. Made ADRs last week.

I got everything I wanted. We were not wanting Cinderella, Le Cellier, or any character dining, which helps a lot.

Best of all, I got Plaza Restaurant at 4:00 the night of a MNSSHP.

Upvote 0

elcheapo

Pleeeaasse...I hate the free dining especially for the people that don't choose it. Ever since they do the free dining try to get an ADR at peak dinner or lunch time you have to sit down at dinner @ 9:20 if your lucky....for me I can't wait till it's done with

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Pleeeaasse...I hate the free dining especially for the people that don't choose it. Ever since they do the free dining try to get an ADR at peak dinner or lunch time you have to sit down at dinner @ 9:20 if your lucky....for me I can't wait till it's done with

Why wouldn't you choose free dining!?!:shrug: It's free!!! And if you like getting ADRs spur of the moment than Sept. is a bad time to go! I don't understand why anyone would hate free dining or anything free for that matter.

Upvote 0

sissa216

Why wouldn't you choose free dining!?!:shrug: It's free!!! And if you like getting ADRs spur of the moment than Sept. is a bad time to go! I don't understand why anyone would hate free dining or anything free for that matter.

Do I need to point out the irony that elcheapo hates free dining? :lol:
Ok, it's not that funny :lookaroun

This September will be the first September in a few years that we are going.
Last I was there at that time was 2003, and the place was deserted.
But I made mine 180 out and haven't touched them since, so I really can't comment on the original question.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I completely agree that free dining makes getting ADRs difficult.

Does it seem that the dining plan in general makes it harder? To channel Mr. T, I pity the fool who doesn't know about the absolute necessity of ADRs these days.

I remember waaay back in 2003 when you had to make your dining reservations at a kiosk in the parks. Resort guests got the "perk" of being able to call Disney Dining from their rooms, thus giving them an head start of a few hours.

Needless to say, under that system, most people did not get reservations and walking in was the norm.

Upvote 0

Dutchie

Hi, my trip is from Sept 4 - Sept 13. I called last week, and got all the ressies I wanted (including Cali Grill on Saturday night!), except for O'hana's on the 11th! I got quite acceptable hours as well, 6 or 6.30 pm, which I then changed to Marrakesh. I still don't feel good about THAT decission, so I'm gonna try to get into Wolfgang Puck Express on that night (we're a party of 3, so I hope I'm lucky). Good luck with the ressies!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom