Anybody seen the Ghosts at the end of TOT?

mitchk

I have ridden at least 50 times & have never had any of these alternate sequences. Once on the bottom, I get the twirling sequence (ride over). :( I WANT MORE!!!! :brick:

I'm with you. The only ending I ever saw was the twirling thing. I have seen the outlines of the ghosts during the drop sequence, but that's it. :shrug:

k.hunter30

The only time I remember seeing those "ghosts" was right before the elevator took us back up at the very last second. The narrator's voice had already started going through the ending spiel and everything and all of a sudden we saw a flash of those ghosts and up we went again. That was DEFINITELY the best TOT ride I've been on!

EvilQueen81

On our last trip to WDW my soon to be wife and I must have road TOT at least a dozen times (her favorite ride) and we had something happen to us only once the whole time. I have checked a few fan sites and searched the forums here but nobody else has mentioned it.

After the drop when you go all the way down to the bottem sometimes you will see the window break and then you are sent back up for another drop. Well when we went down the screen showed the ghosts from the coridor scene waveing at us and we were sent back up for what felt like another complete cycle through the drop.

Anybody else seen this?

When we were there last year we rode ToT and we saw they ghosts waving. We rode it again about 5 minutes later and it was something different.

Thiger

i'm going in oct and I cant wait to see them!!! although even thinking about the ride scares the he$% outta me, I really want to see these ghosts as they'd make the experience that much more intense!

Now if i can only get my older brother to ride it with me and see the ghosts too!

mwhuahahahahaha! >: )

PeoplemoverTTA

The dummy at the bottom is from the Twilight Zone episode entitled "The Dummy"...very creepy, indeed. Theother episode with Jessica Tandy is from Alfred Hithcock Presents and is entitled "The Glass Eye". Dolls and Dummies just aren't right.

Yes - thank you! I should have googled it first, but I didn't know the name of the episode...

...I didn't remember that being an Alfred Hitchcock...still, I watched them all when I was 10 and they were on Nick at Nite and stuff, so some of the shows run together.

The Jessica Tandy one wasn't really scary, but the TZ one really freaked me out!

I agree about dolls and dummies :eek: There was a TZ with that freaky doll that kills Telly Savalas...

Okay, I'm moving on to a non-creepy thread now! (It's my own fault:D)

Figment571

Are the "ghosts" the mannequins when they light em up quick or or they in they middle between the statue mannequin things projected. Or is it somewhere else in the shaft?
A diagram of some sort would help.

I saw the mannequins light up quick and it scared the s*@# out of me!

I don't remember what they, the mannequins, looked like, does any one have a good pic of them?

Vernonpush

I've seen the "ghost video" (on the "EXIT" screen of the ride, then they shoot up back up again) twice in my numerous voyages into the fifth dimension. It's a cool effect, hopefully they can expand on that concept with each new upgrade (if there is one:lol: ).

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I've been fortunate enough to catch the "Static" ghost figures both with the lights off AND with the lights on!

There were one on each end and they're lit from the back and clear so they give a ghostly effect, although they don't look that cool with the lights on, they definitely give an awesome effect with the lights off.

I remember the first time I thought I saw them, but I wasn't sure what I had seen, it wasn't until a few trips later that I saw them again and knew I wasn't imagining it.

I love how they keep enhancing ToT every few years and still put creativity into it.

I actually think with the latest technology they could add some good elements to the 5th dimension room to make it creepier

cooleo

The only time I remember seeing those "ghosts" was right before the elevator took us back up at the very last second. The narrator's voice had already started going through the ending spiel and everything and all of a sudden we saw a flash of those ghosts and up we went again. That was DEFINITELY the best TOT ride I've been on!

I definitely did not see THAT! :eek: I MUST see THAT! :lol:

sublimesting

Just talking to the wife. She says that the ghosts are always there and visible as you pass them but the trick to seeing them is you have to NOT have seen the outside light yet. Once your car goes into the light your eyes are too messed up to quickly adjust and pick out the ghosts.

bennyw01

theres a trick to it

do you recall which elevators you went into? because each shaft in which you drop has different videos at the bottom of the shaft, the difference is bare minimal, however sometimes you get the figuires, i think its in the right hand shaft if your looking out of the elevator. peace x

sublimesting

do you recall which elevators you went into? because each shaft in which you drop has different videos at the bottom of the shaft, the difference is bare minimal, however sometimes you get the figuires, i think its in the right hand shaft if your looking out of the elevator. peace x

If there is any light you're not going to be able to adjust quick enough to see them...maybe sometimes you can but they flash so fast if your eyes are trying to adjust from bright to dark its hard to see.

MeTa

I know exactly what your talking about, I may even have it on video somewhere. I have tried to record it everytime but in order to have a smooth shot I would have to put together multiple tapes./:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom