Anybody seen the Ghosts at the end of TOT?

mitchk

I mentioned this on my trip report about a month and a half ago. When the elevator was going to drop for the first time, it first rose very fast, and then dropped. After it dropped for the second time, I saw the ghosts waving, the elevator rose again, dropped again, and I saw them again. This was the first and only time I rode TT and noticed theses ghosts. Is this something new, with the whole "never the same terror twice" (random drops) :veryconfu

Pongo

HOLY CRAP!

I've only seen the ghost sequence during the drop once and it was one of the creepiest things I've EVER seen.

However, it was just one ghost - the little girl. And it wasn't like she was right in front of the elevator. We only saw about half of her because the elevator didn't go down all the way to show her whole body.

It was FREAKY.

twirl2378

Like olive10tails described is when I saw the "ghosts". I saw them two out of three times I rode two weekends ago. I saw one guy and the second time an older lady with the little girl. I just called my sister and she said she remembered seeing them too. At least I know It wasn't just my imagination going wild like usual.:D

NeedABreak

Original Poster
Yeah I beleave we saw the little girl and the nanny when we went. It really supprised us, we rode it another 6 times after that to see it again but nothing.

I am sure with as many times as she is going to take me on that ride on our honeymoon I should be able to get a picture of it, (if I'm good).

Honeymoon is not till september so if anybody else has a pic post it.

NASAMan

There are no ghosts. And no elevator drops. Both of these statements are true. What you DO experience is a little bit of Disney Magic that spills into..

...the Twilight Zone.

<Music Cue>(Duh duh da Dah!)

T-1MILLION

The Static statue ghost figures are pretty cool. They are static and do not move but are so awesome when they catch you off guard. I never heard of them until I went on Tower of Terror many times last year durring Extra Magic hours. I think it being dark made the effect creepier. We droped down to the crashing window projection and then shot back up and on the way down we jerked to a stop about midway and the two figures flashed and then in a blink's time they were gone and we droped the final time.

-Preston

Macaylasmom

I had the same ride experience when I was there in May. First time I ever had that ride sequence. I remember thinking that was the best ride I ever had on TOT. I went right back on the ride and did not see the ghosts at the end. Makes me want to fly back down to Disney and try again.:p

NeedABreak

Original Poster
T-1MILLION said:
The Static statue ghost figures are pretty cool. They are static and do not move but are so awesome when they catch you off guard. I never heard of them until I went on Tower of Terror many times last year durring Extra Magic hours. I think it being dark made the effect creepier. We droped down to the crashing window projection and then shot back up and on the way down we jerked to a stop about midway and the two figures flashed and then in a blink's time they were gone and we droped the final time.

-Preston

You missunderstand me. The screen that shows the breaking window is where we saw the ghosts. They were not static, they waved and were definitly not solid objects, just projections.

T-1MILLION

NeedABreak said:
You missunderstand me. The screen that shows the breaking window is where we saw the ghosts. They were not static, they waved and were definitly not solid objects, just projections.

No I gotcha.:wave: I was reffering to what someone above me who was talking about the static ghost figures. I have also had the waving ghosts on the projection screen a few times.

Sorry for the confusion.

mouseman720

NeedABreak said:
On our last trip to WDW my soon to be wife and I must have road TOT at least a dozen times (her favorite ride) and we had something happen to us only once the whole time. I have checked a few fan sites and searched the forums here but nobody else has mentioned it.

After the drop when you go all the way down to the bottem sometimes you will see the window break and then you are sent back up for another drop. Well when we went down the screen showed the ghosts from the coridor scene waveing at us and we were sent back up for what felt like another complete cycle through the drop.

Anybody else seen this?
WOW!!!!!! I duess I am that blind or just don't remeber seeing them at all. I know that when I go to disney that is one ride I will ride at least 3 or 4 times while I am at the park. I have never gotten the ghost sequence at the end, oor have I seen the ghosts in the shaft. I guess all of these where part of the "never the same fear twice" rehab on the tower. I will be going down there in a few weeks when I return I will tell you if I saw them or not. any other interesteding things that have changed in the tower?

JuicyJessie

my friend is convinced she saw the girl in the corner of the elevator during the drop sequence. We look out for this every time we ride now but have never had the luck to witness it!

sublimesting

We rode it about a dozen times and saw it on our last ride. Scared the wife and I and we jumped a bit...it was so unexpected. We were like...."Was someone just standing there?"

PeoplemoverTTA

Not really between floors. Maybe I am not explaning this very well.

After you go through the drops and it takes you all the way down you see 1) the twilight zone spiral spining in front of you which means that the ride is over, or 2) the window breaking which means your going back up for another drop, or 3) these ghosts I am talking about. We had to have done another three or four drops after we saw them.

Guess I am lucky because I've seen the ghosts and the others everyone has mentioned.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought there was going to be some kind of "rumor" about real ghosts....I always look at the show props at the end of the attraction (before the car turns around to face the door), and I get really creeped out by that ventriloquist dummy from the one with Jessica Tandy (there's two "dummy" ones, from what I can recall...I think the dummy is from that one, - does anyone know for sure which episode it's from?).

The awesome effects just give me added incentive to ride again :cool:. I just found out I'll be free in a few weeks and my grandma, aunt, and mom added me to their 7-day trip at the beginning of October, so now I'm pretty pumped!!

cooleo

I have ridden at least 50 times & have never had any of these alternate sequences. Once on the bottom, I get the twirling sequence (ride over). :( I WANT MORE!!!! :brick:

mary219

I rode three times 2 weeks ago.We saw the ghosts the last time we rode.In addition,the last time we rode they had some cms from the street shows hanging around the exits acting as human mannequins,They were hilarious.

sublimesting

Guess I am lucky because I've seen the ghosts and the others everyone has mentioned.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought there was going to be some kind of "rumor" about real ghosts....I always look at the show props at the end of the attraction (before the car turns around to face the door), and I get really creeped out by that ventriloquist dummy from the one with Jessica Tandy (there's two "dummy" ones, from what I can recall...I think the dummy is from that one, - does anyone know for sure which episode it's from?).

The awesome effects just give me added incentive to ride again :cool:. I just found out I'll be free in a few weeks and my grandma, aunt, and mom added me to their 7-day trip at the beginning of October, so now I'm pretty pumped!!

The dummy at the bottom is from the Twilight Zone episode entitled "The Dummy"...very creepy, indeed. Theother episode with Jessica Tandy is from Alfred Hithcock Presents and is entitled "The Glass Eye". Dolls and Dummies just aren't right.

WDWFigment

I have riden Tower of Terror at least 10 times in the last two years, and have only seen what you're referring to once! It's pretty cool, I wish it were more common.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom