Any word on Fall Deals (4:3 deal extension maybe!?)

Does anyone have any information on if Disney is planning a Fall deal similar to its current deals? Also, when could we expect such deals to go live if they do happen?

DisneyJoe

Since 2005, the August/September promotion has been Free Dining and has been offered to the public starting the first week in April.

IMHO, Free Dining will be offered again this year from August 16 to October 1 or so (since the Buy 4 Get 3 Free deal was extended to August 15 - and some people have received personal pin codes for Free Dining for those same dates)..and value season ends October 1.

I bet we will hear something near the end of March or beginning of April.

-Joe

Upvote 0
I plan on going for a couple days at the end of October. As a season pass holder do any of these deals ever apply to me? If I remember correctly, they always require a ticket purchase.

Upvote 0

Candyland

We already have a trip booked from Oct 16-25th (we'll be there for 3 of our birthday's). I'm assuming there is a zero chance of getting a pin emailed to me when I already have a trip booked. I'm hoping for some kind of special to be announced!!

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I plan on going for a couple days at the end of October. As a season pass holder do any of these deals ever apply to me? If I remember correctly, they always require a ticket purchase.

Package discounts usually do require a ticket purchase, but you can purchase just a one day ticket and still save quite a lot. You can also apply the cost of your one day ticket to your next AP. The only caveat is, this needs to be done at WDW, so if you are renewing and not going to be in Orlando, you can't get the renewal savings and apply the one day ticket value.

I've booked several AP holders in the buy 4 get 3 packages and they are buying one day tickets and still saving money.:)

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Was this offered even for value resort guests? And Im assuming free dining only applies to the cafeterias?

In the past there have been rooms at all levels of resorts elligible for free dining. The dining plan that was included in the past is the standard dining plan which includes one snack, one counter service meal, and one table service meal for each guest in the party, for each night of the reservation.

It's not limited to a cafeteria, most sit down restaurants particpate and you can have some wonderful meals!:)

Upvote 0
Package discounts usually do require a ticket purchase, but you can purchase just a one day ticket and still save quite a lot. You can also apply the cost of your one day ticket to your next AP. The only caveat is, this needs to be done at WDW, so if you are renewing and not going to be in Orlando, you can't get the renewal savings and apply the one day ticket value.

I've booked several AP holders in the buy 4 get 3 packages and they are buying one day tickets and still saving money.:)
Wow! Thanks for the info. I didn't know you could apply the cost of a ticket to your AP. We live outside of Tampa, so going to Orlando to renew isn't a problem.

Upvote 0

cabihler

to Tammy or anyone from Kingdom Consultants

thank you for the info... if you do not mind i do have a similar question on the annual pass and 4/7 deals for further clarification.

i usually always have the AP. it expired shortly after my last trip and i knew i would not be returning for 6 months or more so i decided not to renew it (thus not paying for 6 months of non-usage) and just purchase a new one on my next trip.

with that said i am returning to the world on a 4/7 deal beginning june 7th and i am going to use the ticket value towards the upgrade to the AP.

My question concerns itself with possible future 4/7 trips and its/there tickets. i have another 4/7 reservation made for August 9th and if disney extends the program further into the year i might make yet another one as well. So will i be able to USE/SAVE those tickets and apply their values sometime in 2010 for the renewal of the AP i am going to purchase in June 2009...

so to simplify.... if i purchase a AP in June can i save 1,2 or more 4/7 tickets to be used, multiple MYW tickets, into 2010 for renewal of the AP or will they have expired and lost their value???

thank you for your expert help:wave:

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

thank you for the info... if you do not mind i do have a similar question on the annual pass and 4/7 deals for further clarification.

i usually always have the AP. it expired shortly after my last trip and i knew i would not be returning for 6 months or more so i decided not to renew it (thus not paying for 6 months of non-usage) and just purchase a new one on my next trip.

with that said i am returning to the world on a 4/7 deal beginning june 7th and i am going to use the ticket value towards the upgrade to the AP.

My question concerns itself with possible future 4/7 trips and its/there tickets. i have another 4/7 reservation made for August 9th and if disney extends the program further into the year i might make yet another one as well. So will i be able to USE/SAVE those tickets and apply their values sometime in 2010 for the renewal of the AP i am going to purchase in June 2009...

so to simplify.... if i purchase a AP in June can i save 1,2 or more 4/7 tickets to be used, multiple MYW tickets, into 2010 for renewal of the AP or will they have expired and lost their value???

thank you for your expert help:wave:

They will not expire. Guest Services will take the value of the ticket and apply it to any more expensive ticket. :)

Upvote 0

kverdon

When we were in WDW last Sept they had a bounce-back promo for this fall where if you booked a Value Resort you got a free Counter Service Meal Plan. If you booked a Moderate or Deluxe Resort you got the Free Standard Dining Plan. We booked in to the Ft. Wilderness Villas and gota Free Standard Dining Plan. I really can't see how they can beat that. However if they are doing the Buy 4 get 3 Free though peak season, who knows what they might offer for the slow season. 4 for 3 WITH Free Dining? (yeah dream on..:p ) Maybe Free Dining with a gift cerfificate? We'll have to wait and see.

Kevin and Mona

Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

When we were in WDW last Sept they had a bounce-back promo for this fall where if you booked a Value Resort you got a free Counter Service Meal Plan. If you booked a Moderate or Deluxe Resort you got the Free Standard Dining Plan. We booked in to the Ft. Wilderness Villas and gota Free Standard Dining Plan. I really can't see how they can beat that. However if they are doing the Buy 4 get 3 Free though peak season, who knows what they might offer for the slow season. 4 for 3 WITH Free Dining? (yeah dream on..:p ) Maybe Free Dining with a gift cerfificate? We'll have to wait and see.

Kevin and Mona

And waiting I am. I am trying to figure out my best options. If they continue the 7 for 4 deal in October, by Bday is the 9th and the wife wants to run the race for the taste on the 11th or 12th, whatever day that is on. If not I'm hoping to get the free dining in September instead. So I'm just waiting for the fall deals to be posted.:drevil:

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Just to clarify - they can take the value of a SINGLE ticket and apply to a more expensive ticket - multiple ticket values cannot be combined.

You know I called guest services last night to double check, and was told that shouldn't be a problem. I asked a few other sources to be sure and I was told you can use multiple tickets to upgrade to an AP. One of the people I asked has actually done it herself!:)

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

You know I called guest services last night to double check, and was told that shouldn't be a problem. I asked a few other sources to be sure and I was told you can use multiple tickets to upgrade to an AP from a few different sources. One of the people I asked has actually done it herself!:)

I guess Disney is consistent as always....

Interesting. That goes against my experience and the All Ears Ticket FAQ.

http://allears.net/pl/ticket.htm#credpass :

"You will only be allowed to apply one old ticket to each new one you get. You cannot take five old tickets each with a day on them and apply them all to one new MYW ticket/AP/PAP. If you were getting 5 new tickets then you could use all five of the old ones by applying one to each. This is the one rule that Disney seems to be very inflexible on."

Maybe JPVondDrake can give the official word?

-Joe

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I guess Disney is consistent as always....

Interesting. That goes against my experience and the All Ears Ticket FAQ.

http://allears.net/pl/ticket.htm#credpass :

"You will only be allowed to apply one old ticket to each new one you get. You cannot take five old tickets each with a day on them and apply them all to one new MYW ticket/AP/PAP. If you were getting 5 new tickets then you could use all five of the old ones by applying one to each. This is the one rule that Disney seems to be very inflexible on."

-Joe

I hear you Joe. Disney is changing their policies all the time!:lol: Since I talked to someone who used several 1 day passes to upgrade to an AP, I feel pretty safe saying you can do it. Of course, I should add that this is subject to change!!:D

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Funny you guys should be talking about this, as this very topic caused me great stress couple of months ago. :lol: I actually PM'd JP about it, and his "official" answer was that it is 1 ticket per upgrade. If anyone was able to apply more than 1 ticket to an upgrade, the CM made an exception for them and could actually be "in trouble" for doing so. We have AP's that are expiring in May, and already have 1 day base tickets to apply to the renewal from our trip last December (Disney Visa free dining offer). So when the buy 4, get 3 deal came out, I really didn't want to buy another set of 1 day base tickets for our April trip. For 2 adults and 2 kids, it adds up. So I asked JP if I could apply both 1 day tickets to our AP renewals, and he said no. So I ended up not booking the buy 4, get 3 free deal because I didn't want another stash of 1 day base tickets lying around. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Funny you guys should be talking about this, as this very topic caused me great stress couple of months ago. :lol: I actually PM'd JP about it, and his "official" answer was that it is 1 ticket per upgrade. If anyone was able to apply more than 1 ticket to an upgrade, the CM made an exception for them and could actually be "in trouble" for doing so. We have AP's that are expiring in May, and already have 1 day base tickets to apply to the renewal from our trip last December (Disney Visa free dining offer). So when the buy 4, get 3 deal came out, I really didn't want to buy another set of 1 day base tickets for our April trip. For 2 adults and 2 kids, it adds up. So I asked JP if I could apply both 1 day tickets to our AP renewals, and he said no. So I ended up not booking the buy 4, get 3 free deal because I didn't want another stash of 1 day base tickets lying around. :shrug:

Very interesting Mousefan. I'd certainly take JP's word for it.

I know it might be a hassle, but if you don't mind collecting the 1 day tickets, you could certainly save them and apply them to future AP's if the current policy is 1 ticket per upgrade.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom