Any Truth To This? 15 Month AP Renewal

RSoxNo1

I think this is a good idea, the problem for me is my annual expires in March, so I'd probably need to renew twice to actually use the added months, as I don't typically go in the summer.

pax_65

I think this is a good idea, the problem for me is my annual expires in March, so I'd probably need to renew twice to actually use the added months, as I don't typically go in the summer.

This is similar to my situation. If you let the pass expire and buy a new pass in the Fall on the first day of your next trip, you can schedule your trip next Fall a week earlier, so you'll get two trips (or more, if you're going in the Spring/Winter also) on that same pass.

The value of using that pass for the additional trip still outweighs any renewal discount, and the 3 extra months are irrelevant unless you can use the pass in April, May or June of next year.

ncstate7991

First off, welcome to the boards! :wave:

APs start the day you first use them. If you buy them months in advance you just get a voucher that is redeemed when you actually go to the parks the first time. Renewals are different though.

An AP is a good deal if you think you are going to spend more than 10 days or so in the parks over the course of 365 days.

Thank you for your kind words and help.:wave: Here is a new follow-up question. If you buy an annual pass, but haven't activated it yet. How do you get resort discounts for AP holders?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Thank you for your kind words and help.:wave: Here is a new follow-up question. If you buy an annual pass, but haven't activated it yet. How do you get resort discounts for AP holders?

You can book an AP rate room without actually having an AP. However, when you go to check in at the resort you have to show a valid AP or an AP voucher. If you don't have an AP when you check in you don't get the discounted rate and they probably charge you full rack rate. :)eek:)

Tom

Beta Return
JP told me that there was nothing one way or another mentioned about DVC in the advisories to agents. I'm going to try calling Member Services today to find out... I'll post my findings here.

Tick...tock...tick...tock....still waiting...:p J/K

Since there is no mention of DVC, I will presume that the deal applies. As far as WDW is concerned, we're renewing a Standard AP. It's just that we're doing it with our DVC discount. Seems like we should have the same rights to extend our tickets.

I anxiously await your findings.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Tick...tock...tick...tock....still waiting...:p J/K

Since there is no mention of DVC, I will presume that the deal applies. As far as WDW is concerned, we're renewing a Standard AP. It's just that we're doing it with our DVC discount. Seems like we should have the same rights to extend our tickets.

I anxiously await your findings.

I don't know what findings brkgnews has come up with, but my sister got a postcard in the mail today from DVC. Her AP expires next month so they were reminding her to renew. She called the number on the card and the woman told her that she had never heard of this 15 month offer. :shrug: (and was quite nasty about it too apparently) The only thing they offered to her as a DVC member was an additional $45 off of the member renewal price. 20 minutes on the phone and she got absolutely nowhere. :brick:

EPCOTPluto

Oh great. Another publicity stunt courtest of Disney!

(see that Living with the Land thread for more of what I mean.) :lookaroun

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
awwww...man this is so tempting! I am trying to SAVE my $$ so I can actually move back to FL though - not sure if I'll be renewing my AP or not come December

brkgnews

On with Member Services right now.
"Ummmmmm.... that's a very good question"
:lookaroun

They're seeking further clarification. :lol:

brkgnews

OK, Member Services says yes, as long as you renew within the typical renewal period (30 days), you do indeed get the 15-months rather than 12.

EPCOTPluto

Thanks, brkngnws! :D

You know, it sounds like that promotion from the 100 Years of Magic. I have a brochure for it somewhere...

EDIT: Found it! :D

picture.php

scottnj1966

I just called the passholder number for Disney.
The cast member did not know anything about it so she put me on hold to ask her boss.
About 5 minutes later she came back saying it is true.
She tanked me for letting her know.

Pretty weird a lot of the cast members do not know about it, it did come out on the 2nd of August.

brkgnews

I just called the passholder number for Disney.
The cast member did not know anything about it so she put me on hold to ask her boss.
About 5 minutes later she came back saying it is true.
She tanked me for letting her know.

Pretty weird a lot of the cast members do not know about it, it did come out on the 2nd of August.
Time and time again, you'll find that some of the last to know about policy changes are the front-line CMs who will have to deal with them on a day-to-day basis.

slappy magoo

Because somebody would buy an AP, make the first payment, go to the parks 30 days in a row, and then cancel the credit card.

Then it would cost Disney more to get the money out of the guy than what 50 people paying for a single AP would bring in.

Don't think for a minute that a whole host of people wouldn't try this, either.

Now if they could come up with a way to eliminate this possibility, at a low cost to them, then I could see it happening. Probably only for locals though, like DL.

They could, in theory, make a person pay a certain amount of months (or a certain amount of money) before the ticket becomes valid.

In fact (and I know this wouldn't happen because to explain it to most guests would be a nightmare) they could offer a payment plan that would be comparable to taking a typical MYW ticket and upgrading it to an AP. If you start making payments on an annual pass, but you arrive at WDW to use it before it's paid in full, it's downgraded to a "MYW" ticket, and the length of the ticket and extras would be determined by how much has been paid on it. If you've only paid 300 dollars on it, you can pick and choose how many days you want it to be valid for, and if you want Water Park Fun and More or Park Hopper options.

The only difference between these tickets and a traditional MYW ticket (which doesn't have the No Expiration option) is that once your vacation is done, as long as you keep making the payments to make your ticket an annual pass, you keep accruing time on the ticket.

Example, $351 will get an adult a 4 day non-park-hopper with water park options. A Premium Annual Pass is about $652. If they paid $351, they can do the former, if they default after that, Disney's lost nothing (except, perhaps, if they got an Annual Pass discount on the rooms), if they keep making payments once they get home, then the ticket doesn't expire, BUT the annual pass, once paid in full, is still based on the day they first entered the parks on that 4 day pass.

MousDad

They could, in theory, make a person pay a certain amount of months (or a certain amount of money) before the ticket becomes valid.

In fact (and I know this wouldn't happen because to explain it to most guests would be a nightmare) they could offer a payment plan that would be comparable to taking a typical MYW ticket and upgrading it to an AP. If you start making payments on an annual pass, but you arrive at WDW to use it before it's paid in full, it's downgraded to a "MYW" ticket, and the length of the ticket and extras would be determined by how much has been paid on it. If you've only paid 300 dollars on it, you can pick and choose how many days you want it to be valid for, and if you want Water Park Fun and More or Park Hopper options.

The only difference between these tickets and a traditional MYW ticket (which doesn't have the No Expiration option) is that once your vacation is done, as long as you keep making the payments to make your ticket an annual pass, you keep accruing time on the ticket.

Example, $351 will get an adult a 4 day non-park-hopper with water park options. A Premium Annual Pass is about $652. If they paid $351, they can do the former, if they default after that, Disney's lost nothing (except, perhaps, if they got an Annual Pass discount on the rooms), if they keep making payments once they get home, then the ticket doesn't expire, BUT the annual pass, once paid in full, is still based on the day they first entered the parks on that 4 day pass.

Yep, that would work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom