Any truth to any of this? (The latest on Tomorrowland Rumors following the pandemic)

Little Green Men

Strongly disagree on Space Mountain. The Peoplemover is nice, but everything else in Tomorrowland aside from Space and the Peoplemover is a miss for me. Carousel of Progress is nice for the history of it, but it seriously either needs an upgrade or a downgrade to make much sense in the context of Tomorrowland.

I've been on Tron in Shanghai. It's OK, but it's feels just as out of place as the other attractions in Tomorrowland.
Dont forget Astro Orbitor on top of the Peoplemover where it belongs.

BayouShack

So what exactly needs to be "fixed" about Tomorrowland? The attraction count? The attraction density? Is it an issue with individual attractions? Or is it just the overall theme of the land? Lot of people seem to agree it's broken but not agree on the solution.

If I had to be conservative, I’d say they need to address with crowd flow issues and poor land management (and probably should have been addressed during Project Sparkle).

The People Mover tracks have been empty for 20 years. Clearly there’s no intent to use them, so they might as well tear them down and move on.
Having both the People Mover platform and the Astro Orbiter is redundant, so the latter needs to move back to the site of the former.

The setup in front of Space Mountain is a pretty poor use of space, and the Starcade continues to be closed to the general public.

I’d consider “fixing” Tomorrowland just reclaiming underutilized space for anything, really. Similar to how they “fixed” Adventureland a few years back by moving the Fruit Cart, making a designated spot for stroller parking, giving Bengal Barbecue indoor seating, and expanding back into the unused Tahitian Terrace.

Anjin

But it doesn’t rely on MILF or Stitch (closed). It relies on Space Mountain, Peoplemover, and COP, two of which DL doesn’t have. Buzz is lame on both coasts. I’ve heard mixed things about the Subs. Star Tours is at another park.

MK Tomorrowland also looks nicer
For the love of Walt, STOP abbreviating Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.

Perfectly summarized. Disneyland’s Tomorrowland feels underutilized, with a lot of wasted or arbitrarily-used space. Compare that with the western side of the park, where space is utilized astonishingly efficiently.
Slightly more on topic, this is exactly my feelings on Tomorrowland. It's not actually bad, but it could be so much more.

D.Silentu

I believe you've hit the nail on the head @britain, in that proper utilization of space is Tomorrowland's biggest shortcoming. I myself thought it odd that the rumors completely ignore the Magic Eye Theater. That being said, new energy is definitely wanting. I would like to see Buzz Lightyear rethemed to the upcoming movie. The Submarine Voyage could certainly use some 4k projectors. It's been too long that the Carousel building has not been home to a ride and while I would gladly welcome a Tron themed attraction, which I think takes the sin out of synergy, I feel that nearly anything would be a step forward for that space.

Brer Oswald

They can just do what they did in the early 70's after the Moon suddenly didn't seem so exotic; just change the destination.

Mission To Jupiter. Mission To Saturn. etc.
Exactly. Change the destination. Let the imagination run wild on what it could be like there.

mickEblu

Yeah, this is anecdotal but in my experience the "general public" and very casual fans tend to rank Tomorrowland as their favorite land, thanks to Space Mountain and Star Tours.

It never ceases to amaze me, ha. As far as I'm concerned, virtually everything on the western side of Disneyland is classic and perfect and untouchable (plus-ups aside). Yet I'd be fine with bulldozing the entire eastern third of the park.

I’d bet if the question was worded correctly Tomorrowland would almost never rank as anyone’s favorite land. For example if one were to ask “what land did you enjoy the atmosphere the most” or “what land did you enjoy walking around In the most?”

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
You must be fun at parties.
But in all seriousness, it would be cool to have an attraction where we sit in some sort of space vessel and explore the galaxy using warp/hyperdrive and use the 3D tech that the windows in the new Star Wars hotel are using. There's a lot of cool ways to spruce up the Mission to <insert place here> attraction with modern tech.

Brer Oswald

But in all seriousness, it would be cool to have an attraction where we sit in some sort of space vessel and explore the galaxy using warp/hyperdrive and use the 3D tech that the windows in the new Star Wars hotel are using. There's a lot of cool ways to spruce up the Mission to <insert place here> attraction with modern tech.
For sure.

Inspired Figment

Considering they’re currently using “Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow” in their ads now. Seems like a no-brainer to bring the OG Carousel of Progress back with some AA & spfx enhancements. Just sayin’... that and bringing back the PeopleMover is a no-brainer also.

DrAlice

If Space 220 Restaurant lives up to the concept art, I'd be happy with something like that too.

Oooh... I've got it! (and it would make Bob-$ter happy): reimagine Mission to the Moon (or Mars), but instead of a ride, you Space220-it-out to a restaurant. Themed experience + Nostalgia factor + make $$ in a restaurant. :D

waltography

I’d consider “fixing” Tomorrowland just reclaiming underutilized space for anything, really. Similar to how they “fixed” Adventureland a few years back by moving the Fruit Cart, making a designated spot for stroller parking, giving Bengal Barbecue indoor seating, and expanding back into the unused Tahitian Terrace.
This just reminded me how much better Adventureland is with the crowd flow changes - I can hardly imagine when I used to fear for my ankles because of the roving stroller menaces.

If Space 220 Restaurant lives up to the concept art, I'd be happy with something like that too.

Oooh... I've got it! (and it would make Bob-$ter happy): reimagine Mission to the Moon (or Mars), but instead of a ride, you Space220-it-out to a restaurant. Themed experience + Nostalgia factor + make $$ in a restaurant. :D
I would adore a Space 220-esque dinner show. Tahitian Terrace-esque but make it space.

BayouShack

I just remembered they got rid of the rocks.
52EC180F-A23B-4D0A-BD3E-5E0A20C82251.jpeg

This has to be ready for the reopening.... right?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom