Any truth to any of this? (The latest on Tomorrowland Rumors following the pandemic)

Brer Oswald

I'm curious what doll you're referring to. One of the marionettes in the opening scene? I've ridden many times but don't believe I've ever noticed anything problematic.

And of course you're right; there is a subsection of "fans" determined to eliminate anything edgy, challenging, or dare I say artistic from the parks.

Pinocchio's Daring Journey is a fine attraction with a few great little moments, but it certainly could be dramatically improved. Removing it entirely makes little sense and IMO is unlikely (doesn't Disney have a forthcoming live action adaption?). And as you mentioned earlier, it would be such a loss to remove When You Wish Upon a Star from the park.
6B54FD45-9AFF-49E7-BD87-17898F8E656A.jpeg

This one here. It’s a bit too on the nose. They may have even taken it out already. It’s not necessary to the ride. But it’s also no reason to remove all of Pinocchio.

Californian Elitist

Wait... is Pinocchio really considered scary? What would a less-scary version of that ride even look like?
I'm a former Fantasyland attractions CM and yes, many children find the ride to be terrifying. I saw my fair share of crying children coming off, though not as many coming off Snow White. One woman told me the Monstro part in particular scared her child, who was in tears.

I actually find the ride to be a bit scary myself.

Little Green Men

I'm a former Fantasyland attractions CM and yes, many children find the ride to be terrifying. I saw my fair share of crying children coming off, though not as many coming off Snow White. One woman told me the Monstro part in particular scared her child, who was in tears.

I rode SWSA once at DL and the kids behind me screamed the whole ride at the witch scenes. Then when I got off I overheard them agree the ride wasn’t scary at all. 😂

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

As a childless 30 year-old man, this is a valuable perspective for me, haha. Honestly even as a child I found the Fantasyland dark rides moody rather than straight-up scary, but if countless kids are coming off this thing crying, some edits may be appropriate.

The Pinocchio film itself is rather dark though, isn't it? It's kind of hard to imagine a dramatically brighter, happier attraction. And it'd be a shame to lose the wonderful Monstro moment, despite that poor kid's experience, ha.

Brer Oswald

As a childless 30 year-old man, this is a valuable perspective for me, haha. Honestly even as a child I found the Fantasyland dark rides moody rather than straight-up scary, but if countless kids are coming off this thing crying, some edits may be appropriate.

The Pinocchio film itself is rather dark though, isn't it? It's kind of hard to imagine a dramatically brighter, happier attraction. And it'd be a shame to lose the wonderful Monstro moment, despite that poor kid's experience, ha.
Monstro comes out of nowhere. “Look out for Monstro!”....and he’s gone. Would be cool to get a scene inside Monstro, but I don’t know if they would consider that “redundant” with Storybook Land.

Californian Elitist

Correct. There really is no good way to keep the scary elements from the film out of the ride and still make it feel similar to the film. The Stromboli, donkey transformation, and Monstro scenes are the scary ones and without them, the ride wouldn't make sense.

TP2000

Fixing Tomorrowland is a rumor that has existed since the Internet became available to civilians just over 25 years ago.

Nothing online is to be believed about fixing Tomorrowland. Because it never happens.

Even when TDA and Burbank decide they want to fix Tomorrowland, they screw it up and doom it to another several decades of pathetic mediocrity and acres of hot cement baking in the Anaheim sun. So it would be best if they don't even try, because they suck at it.

I mean seriously, would you rather have New Tomorrowland 1967 right now or New Tomorrowland 1998?

When Disneyland finally actually fixes Tomorrowland, we might as well cancel our Internet service. Because there will be nothing left to talk about on Disneyland online forums.

Brer Oswald

Fixing Tomorrowland is a rumor that has existed since the Internet became available to civilians just over 25 years ago.

Nothing online is to be believed about fixing Tomorrowland. Because it never happens.

Even when TDA and Burbank decide they want to fix Tomorrowland, they screw it up and doom it to another several decades of pathetic mediocrity and acres of hot cement baking in the Anaheim sun. So it would be best if they don't even try, because they suck at it.

I mean seriously, would you rather have New Tomorrowland 1967 right now or New Tomorrowland 1998?

When Disneyland finally actually fixes Tomorrowland, we might as well cancel our Internet service. Because there will be nothing left to talk about on Disneyland online forums.
I know it’s rhetorical, but ‘67.

My biggest “never ever” wish is that the Moonliner would return. Full scale, but maybe made of different material (heard it was noisy).

DavidNoble

The reality is something needs to happen to TL. I'm shocked by the fact that TL hasn't had much done to it. Does it rate highly in customer satisfaction scores?

BayouShack

The reality is something needs to happen to TL. I'm shocked by the fact that TL hasn't had much done to it. Does it rate highly in customer satisfaction scores?

General Public can’t separate the lands from the rides. And the fact is Tomorrowland has rides themed to two of its most popular franchises: Star Wars and Toy Story. And whenever it lags, it’s pretty easy to shoehorn some more Marvel, Toy Story, or Star Wars into those dead zones. I imagine for returning guests, Tomorrowland is the only land to consistently deliver new stuff.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Yeah, this is anecdotal but in my experience the "general public" and very casual fans tend to rank Tomorrowland as their favorite land, thanks to Space Mountain and Star Tours.

It never ceases to amaze me, ha. As far as I'm concerned, virtually everything on the western side of Disneyland is classic and perfect and untouchable (plus-ups aside). Yet I'd be fine with bulldozing the entire eastern third of the park.

Brer Oswald

Yeah, this is anecdotal but in my experience the "general public" and very casual fans tend to rank Tomorrowland as their favorite land, thanks to Space Mountain and Star Tours.

It never ceases to amaze me, ha. As far as I'm concerned, virtually everything on the western side of Disneyland is classic and perfect and untouchable (plus-ups aside). Yet I'd be fine with bulldozing the entire eastern third of the park.
By eastern third, I hope you just mean Tomorrowland and not Fantasyland

DanielBB8

A few things:
1) What’s with the Tron obsession? Feels like fans want to put Tron in everything, even though the movie isn’t “relevant”.
2) “Demo and completely rebuild the Matterhorn”. LMAO. It’s possible, but if so, how come nobody else has mentioned that?
3) Why replace Pinocchio? I get that it’s one of the weaker FL dark rides, but why remove the IP? Do they really want to replace both of the company anthems?
The long rumor was a cycle ride to replace the People Mover. It was first suggested for a Star Wars Return of Jedi hover cycles. Now that the Tron cycle roller coaster had made a decision closer to reality, I can’t see why not. It’s not entirely about the popularity of a relevant IP, but let’s not ignore they made 2 movies with this IP. And Tron shares the aesthetic of the current Tomorrowland and the Tomorrowland movie. The styles don’t clash. Also, Tron was part of People Mover attraction for a long time in the Tron tunnel.

el_super

People keep saying Tomorrowland needs to be fixed but it isn't really broken. They've invested so much in it, probably more than any other land at Disneyland. I think we all realize that the Subs, Monorail and Autopia are not really pulling their weight and in danger of replacement, so rumors about them being removed or tweak all make sense, but in the short term, they are all just fine where they are. I'm convinced that people who think Tomorrowland at Disneyland is broken, have never been to the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom