Any suggestions for comfortable shoes (that aren't ugly)?

Laura

Premium Member
The only shoes I own that don't hurt my feet after a day in a theme park are my running shoes. Unfortunately, they clash with 95% of the clothes I would like to wear on a daily basis when I'm on vacation. I have to either wear plain clothes (jeans/t-shirts) so the sneakers don't clash, or I have to deal with pain all day long from wearing decent looking shoes.

I'd love to find a great pair of sandals to wear that won't kill my feet and I'd also like to find an attractive pair of shoes (not sneakers) to wear on colder days. And by attractive, I don't mean Crocs or Tevas. :lookaroun

I go to Disneyland at least 2-3 times a month and ALWAYS end up leaving earlier than I'd like because my feet hurt. It's such a bummer. And now I've got this week-long trip to WDW coming up in a few days and I don't want to be in agony the whole time.

Anyone have any recommendations?

DisneyPrincess5

I understand your plight! I have experienced some pretty painful foot problems as a result of walking around WDW including a cracked bone and tendinitis in my foot. Due to this, I must wear sneakers which doesn't allow me to wear things I'd like to wear too like dresses and skirts but hey, I'll take that anyway over the pain!

I wear Nike Moto 7 Bowerman Series and have never had a problem and been very comfortable.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I did the parks in one of these in September (see http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=803902)

picture.php

but I really wouldn't recommend it. :eek:

Upvote 0

britdaw

Maybe some Nike Shox? I'm not a big shoe person, so I could care less whether my shoes go with all my outfits or not. As long as they don't give me blisters, I'm good.

Upvote 0

SMS55

The problem is that you need shoes that are broken in. It is probably the most important thing you need to take with you to Disney. I've never attempted to use new shoes but I have friends that have and they regret it. I have used flip flops and have felt fine at the end of the day too. Don't know if your wardrobe matches with flip flops though.

Upvote 0

CinderellyKelly

Ever heard of Toms? I lovvvee them. They are the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned and for every pair you buy, they send a pair to a child in Africa who needs shoes. They are roughly $40-$60 a pair. The most comfortable are the basic pair, some of the glittery ones are itchy at first.

You can buy them straight from the Toms website or Nordstroms carries them :)

http://www.toms.com/womens/classics?view=all

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/womens-...ability=false&lastfilter=brand&sizeFinderId=8

Upvote 0
I just recently bought a pair of Ecco sandals and wore them at WDW. They do look very teva like, but I didn't have the first shin splint, which I usually do get when at WDW. I walk fast and much, really commando style. I bought the Yukkatan style. Also, I wear FitFlop sandals...and highly reccommend them. In fact, Disney sells a FitFlop Mickey icon sandal. You can get them in many styles and they are awesome. I often suffer from plantar faciitis and I stand on my feet for 9 hours a day at work...and I live in both my ecco and fitflops all summer.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I live in my black Havaiana's flops. $18 & they go with everything. I bought my guys Olukai flops before our recent trip. Some of the ladies ones are cute. I think they do sandals, too. If you want to wear flats or Converse or something but worry about arch support just buy some good quality inserts & go. I have worn my Uggs before which was super-cozy on frigid days but I wouldn't make a habit of that given the price of those. Lol!

Upvote 0

PineapplePrincess

I swear by my FitFlops! No, I'm pretty sure they don't tone your butt, but they are very supportive and comfortable as long as you don't mind something between your toes.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I have the exact same problem...literally since we discovered we have the same sneakers. :lookaroun Very comfortable sneakers but they clash with everything. Recently I have tried to force myself into not caring that the sneakers don't match but I really wish I could find an alternative pair of shoes. The best I can usually come up with is trying on every imaginable pair of plain white walking sneakers and buying the pair that seem the least offensive to my feet. If I have a desire to wear a certain outfit to the parks and can't force myself to deal with clashing shoes, I will wear the white sneakers since they go with everything.

I've tried numerous sandals and such for the parks but I always end up back in sneakers. I know lots of people can survive in non-sneakers but I am convinced I am just not one of those people and have pretty much admitted defeat. :lookaroun :lol: I've begun to refocus my efforts on finding the perfect pair of white sneakers instead.

Upvote 0

acishere

I had a pair of Rider flip flops I found in Marshalls that were amazingly comfortable. Its the only brand where the thongs didn't hurt my feet while walking long distances in them.

I don't really have non-sneaker shoes that are perfect for walking around in. Trust me I'd love some for when I have to go into NYC for work.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

Crocs are really what work best for me. While I delight in wearing the garish original style, they have literally dozens of different styles. Some of them would not look out of place with nicer clothes (in this guy's opinion):
http://www.crocs.com/crocs-wiona-antique-flat/11529,default,pd.html?cid=63O&cgid=women
http://www.crocs.com/crocs-emmalita/18981,default,pd.html?cid=002&cgid=women
http://www.crocs.com/crocs-patricia-iv/11661,default,pd.html?cid=46K&cgid=women-footwear-sandals&intid=women_landing_1pat_111007

Upvote 0

mickeysbrother

While i was there in september everyone had either nike or reebok on. The zigs or whatever the nikes are called. The colors were awsome to see. Everyone had flashy pink purple green red blue. U name the color they were on their feet. I was wearing blue zigs and my feet were great and they didnt even sweat. That was the best part :)

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I used to fret over same....but when it came right down to it, comfy feet prevailed and instead of packing multiple pairs of shoes, I found all white comfy shoes that I work out in and wore daily....to me white nice athletic shoes go with any thing casual. Right now my comfy pair has green stripes but since I wear much green I am considering them. I do also pack a comfy pair of sandals for short term wear...and flip flops for pool.

My favorite comfy long term walking shoes are hands down RYKA. I have been wearing the Ryka Radiant for years....they sport wider toe room and tighter ankles that work great for me. I find toe space most important to comfort when walking a ton. My favorite sandals are Born leather, but I don't like to wear them especially on Splash or Kali....so I throw an extra pair of footies in my pack in case of soggy conditions...:lookaroun.

Basically I am not there to impress anyone, comfort is my priority, and white shoes with no color added cannot cause CLASH with wardrobe!!!

I usually get a new pair of same shoe I wear to gym a month or so prior to break them in. If they are comfy for running, I know they will endure pavement pounding at WDW. Support and shock absorbtion are a must! :sohappy: Good luck....

Upvote 0
I have a pair of Speedo flip flops with a lot of support that are really comfortable. They're bright blue and don't go with everything

What do go with everything are my black chaco flip flops. I bought them for my honeymoon earlier this year and walked/hiked everywhere with them on all kinds of terrain and they were great. Mostly I do just wear new balance sneakers in the parks though

Upvote 0

Pr1nc355

I like the "North Face" Women's Base Camp Flip Flop $30. "Reef" are also extremely comfortable and very fashionable. You can get a nice pair between $30-$40.

Upvote 0

popsicletrees

I wear Sperry Top-Siders into the parks. Mine are well broken in, so I never have a problem with blisters. Plus, they were really comfortable to wear all day.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

wear your running shoes. leaving disney for fashions sake???? can't do it. your shoes won't show in your pictures and believe me no one around you cares what you're wearing. i wish people looked up over their park maps long enough to not hit me with their strollers let alone notice a strangers shoes. why make yourself miserable? sounds like you've answered your own question after all what's comfortable for one person won't be for the next so if you're lucky enough to know you have a pair that works do it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom