Any special counter-service places in the parks?

ask!

I know that there is amazing table service dining in the parks...but what about counter-service....any favorites or ones that you go back to every year? One per park would be nice to know about!

Thanks, Andrea

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Here are the ones that my family enjoys.

Cosmic Rays- Magic Kingdom
Flame Tree BBQ - Animal Kingdom

We usually do just the sit downs spaced far apart for lunch and dinner at Epcot.
We don't have a favorite in MGM.

Pam

Upvote 0

spaceghost

Pecos Bills....mmmm...I had a really good burger there. And they have a most awesome fixin's bar with all of the possible toppings you could think of for burgers. Cosmic Rays is also very good and has the neat show with Sonny Eclipse (and a fixin's bar too). In AK, I also agree with the Flame Tree Barbecue opinions...everything we had there was most delicious and the eating area is neat as well.

Upvote 0

stevem85

Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbour House / Pinocchio Village Haus
Epcot - Lotus Blossom Cafe
Disney MGM - Backlot Express
Animal Kingdom - Pizzafari / Restaurantosaurus
Blizzard Beach - Lottawatta Lodge
Typhoon Lagoon - Leaning Palms

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Pecos Bills at MK has the very best fixin's bar, which makes it my favorite MK counter-service location.

I also love the Commissary at MGM. They have a great Cuban sandwich.

At Epcot, I love the counter-service place in China. Their dumplings are delicious.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

The food court in the Land pavilion at Epcot is truly amazing. Both quality and selection. One of the areas has an open kitchen preparing stuff that is certainly worthy being served at a table-service restaurant.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

I *heard* that all fixin's bars have been scaled down. No more mushrooms or cheese sauce anywhere. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

We love Casey's Corner and Cosmic Ray's at MK.

At Epcot, we like San Angel Cantina in Mexico (but hate the restaurant..) but we usually get sucked into the Biergarten, regardless of our plans to save money...

We rarely eat at MGM. I have not been impressed just reading the quick serve menus there.

At AK, we've only eaten at Flame Tree. Which we were also not impressed with.

Honestly, we only snack at AK and MGM. We EAT at MK, Epcot, and the resorts.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I can't NOT get the fish n chips in England at Epcot...yummy!
The kids love the food court area in The Land
Cosmic Rays and Peco's Bills are our favorites in MK
Can't really think of a place in MGM, we usually just do one meal here and its always a sitdown.

Upvote 0

Raven66

Cosmic Ray's-MK
Flame Tree-AK
The Land-Epcot
And MGM we usually like to eat at Sci-Fi or 50's Prime Time. Heard some good things about the Commissary, maybe we will try that next time.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I know that there is amazing table service dining in the parks...but what about counter-service....any favorites or ones that you go back to every year? One per park would be nice to know about!

Thanks, Andrea
My picks are:
MK: Peco Bill's, Cosmic Ray's, Columbia Harbour House
Epcot: Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons
AK: Flame Tree BBQ
MGM: Toy Story Pizza Planet
DTD: Earl of Sandwich
:wave:

Upvote 0

MinnieMommy

I'm repeating a few favorites here, but we loved the food court in The Land pavillion. The selection was great and the food, yummy! :zipit: We also can't eat at MK without seeing Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Ray's!!

Upvote 0

MaXXimus

MGM - Backlot Express - Hamburgers = YUMMY YUMMY - Grilled Trukey & Cheese = YUMMY YUMMY

Wont comment on any other because none of the various others we went to during our trip are worth mentioning.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom