Any rumors of what will presented at D23 Expo this Summer?

EpcotEric01

The site which is not to be named is posting on facebook that the TRON coaster will be announced at D23, and they are saying it is confirmed.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The site which is not to be named is posting on facebook that the TRON coaster will be announced at D23, and they are saying it is confirmed.
Doubtful... I am guessing they are referring to Tomorrowland Speedway being replaced with Tron?

Seems like they are just grabbing whatever rumors start here and running with it....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Nothing for Imagination then?

@marni1971 has indicated several times that there's nothing happening with Imagination in the immediate future. So, it's unlikely that there will be a surprise Imagination announcement.

Doubtful... I am guessing they are referring to Tomorrowland Speedway being replaced with Tron?

Seems like they are just grabbing whatever rumors start here and running with it....

@marni1971 has indicated that TRON is indeed a possibility for Tomorrowland, just not the front runner. So, it is a possibility.

Edit: @marni1971 has confirmed TRON going behind Speed Track here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/replacement-for-tomorrowland-speedway.925386/page-47#post-7790851

Last edited:

brb1006

@marni1971 has indicated several times that there's nothing happening with Imagination in the immediate future. So, it's unlikely that there will be a surprise Imagination announcement.

@marni1971 has indicated that TRON is indeed a possibility for Tomorrowland, just not the front runner. So, it is a possibility.
What a tease it was at D23 2011 when Dreamfinder and Figment showed up.

Daveeeeed

At the moment I would think Paris gets about 3 to 4 times as many visitors from the UK than WDW does. I work in a primary school. In any class of 25 to 30 kids, 3 or 4 have been to Florida, usually staying in a private villa somewhere (I only know of 2 families who have stayed onsite). Those families will typically go again a couple of years later.

Around 10 to 12 will have been to Paris. Although it's expensive for 3 to 4 days, compared to Florida where they would come for 14 days or more, it's still cheaper than the cost of flights alone to Orlando. Most though only go once, very few go again. And that's the problem, there's no reason to go back really. DH and I went once, before we had kids. We could never really justify the cost of taking the boys, we saved up and took them to Florida (with mil). Now I'm thinking we could use our points to take a short trip in between WDW visits, maybe. But the tickets and flights/train add up if you don't stay near London. Not really worth it imo, but possibly if we get the hotel "free".

It needs a reason to go back. Don't know what the answer is, but it needs some love. As it is, it is just a stepping stone to Florida, which has so much more to offer for a family holiday.
I came from the U.S. twice.

My point was not that there is nobody coming from anywhere else, but that attendance would be a above 13 million had they properly invested. For locals there's a reason to go, you are close, but from far away unless you plan to go to Paris there is not a single reason to go just to Disneyland Paris for even a long weekend.

It was designed as a tourists resort with the excessive amount of rooms, but 1 park is not enough to stay for a while, while not also going to Paris. That's a massive problem. Two solid parks would address that and make it a destination. Pair that with an indoor water park and you have a superior version of Universal Orlando. Walt Disney Studios is the problem, and it can be fixed. I hope it is too, Disneyland Parc Paris is too gorgeous too leave to die.

InsideDisney

Paint the night is coming back to DL. This will be announced at the D23 expo but also they will announce that the main street electrical parade is coming back to WDW

Captain Neo

Nothing. They are just going to go over Star Wars and Toy Story Land and whats new and coming to the international parks and thats it.

JEANYLASER

What about Tron Lightcycle Power Run Rollercoaster in the Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom at WDW. Disney will make announcement in D23 Expo for the Tron Lightcycle Power Run Rollercoaster?:confused:

SteamboatJoe

I'll take the 1,000,000,000:1 odds...

hqdefault.jpg

Figments Friend

Wasn't that for Tony Baxter becoming a Disney Legend?

That was in August of 2013, when Dreamfinder ( Steve ) and little Figment appeared onstage at Tony's award ceremony.
The two characters also did a surprise meet & greet on the Expo show floor that year as well.

Dreamfinder ( Ron ) and Figment appeared as a surprise onstage during a special Expo performance by Richard Sherman in 2011.
Videos of the performance are 'out there' on YouTube for those wishing to see them sing 'One Little Spark' together.

:)

-

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
That was in August of 2013, when Dreamfinder ( Steve ) and little Figment appeared onstage at Tony's award ceremony.
The two characters also did a surprise meet & greet on the Expo show floor that year as well.

Dreamfinder ( Ron ) and Figment appeared as a surprise onstage during a special Expo performance by Richard Sherman in 2011.
Videos of the performance are 'out there' on YouTube for those wishing to see them sing 'One Little Spark' together.

-

Oh, so it was attached to the Sherman Brothers.

brb1006

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom