Any rides or attractions make you cry?

Nicole220

An show Disney puts on makes me cry and get major goosebumps...especially the fireworks and Fantasmic. I think it's contageous. My friends, who were never Disney fans like me, now cry. :lol:

Master__Gracey

...NOTHING MAKES ME CRY!!!! CRYING IS FOR LITTLE GIRLS!!! :mad:

Except Wishes...everytime. But I hide it well. :animwink:

Agreed. Oh, and anytime I hear the Spectro music (it only lasted a day as my ringtone). And ocasionally when I hear Walt's Disneyland dedication. Wow, maybe not as manly as I thought :lol:

wdwmomof3

Well, just about everything makes me cry from the minute we jump in the car and turn the Disney music on until we arrive at Walt Disney World. Seriously though, here's my list.

Seeing the welcome to Walt Disney World sign
Walking to check in
The opening show at MK
Wishes
The new Nemo Musical
The Lion King show
Seeing my children having a blast
Remembering my childhood with my family as I pass by things

But I really felt so sad inside the last time we were there and leaving the Mk on the boat. Looking back and seeing the buses pulling in with all of those people and not knowing when we would return. I was trying to capture every second on video. It's so hard to leave such a wonderful place. :cry:

Jason-M

Whenever i see the castle for the first time when i arrive at MK makes me emotional and teary!

Also whenever i hear the music for Spectromagic parade (By the way does that still run as i am going to Disney next month and would love to see it again)

The Adventurer

I'm not the crying type, but I found myself tearing up during Wishes this year and during our evening at the Magic Kingdom (during EMH) I teared up because (I think) was the last person walking down Main Street, U.S.A. as they closed the park. "When You Wish Upon A Star" was cuing up in the background and Mickey and the gang were telling everyone goodnight and to come see them again. Did I mention it was my last night at the parks? It was pretty emotional. :cry:

kcw

Also whenever i hear the music for Spectromagic parade (By the way does that still run as i am going to Disney next month and would love to see it again)

Yup, it's still running- and they should actually be doing double spectros each night in the summer. Take lots of pictures/video because it might be the last time you'll see it there

Jodileigh

OK guys this took a couple of quick searches but I found what I regard as the ultimate story of Disney magic and if it does not cause you to well up just a bit check yourself into a cemetery because you are dead inside.:lol:

Here is the link.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=2213065&postcount=1

OH LORD!!! That one nearly killed me!!!:cry: Now I'm all stuffy with puffy eyes!!!:lookaroun GEEZ!!! Yeah, that was a killer!! Very sweet, though....

Jodi

comics101

Wishes always makes me cry, along with Fantasmic's end and American Adventure.
The Pluto story posted above is a great one.

Sherrybaby

After Illuminations when the "We Go On" song plays I tear up every time when I'm with my family.

I used to cry at The Lion King but I have seen it now so many times I've lost some emotion for it.

Sherry.

diddy_mouse

What gets me everytime...

Walking up to the check-in desk
Seeing the castle for the first time
Wishes
Spectro
"Can You Feel the Love Tonight" segment and ending of FOTLK

Most unexpected moments that made me cry were:

1. When I got engaged back in '04 in front of the Partners statue

2. The Holiday tag on Illuminations. I had seen video footage of this prior to going and I knew I"d like the show. I got a little chocked up at home just watching it. Oh man....when it came time to see it live, right when the lady announcer came on after "We Go On" it hit me. I was crying through the whole ending! The funny thing is, I was filming it and you can totally hear me sniffling on camera. :lol:

3. It was our last day and we were at the MK. I knew the time had come to leave and I just wasn't ready. I actually had no idea when we'd be coming back. DH and I passed under the train station and made our way to the exit turnstiles. I almost completely broke down once I hit that bar and pushed though to leave. I'm so glad I had sunglasses on! As we went up the ramp to the monorail, my husband kinda smiled (probably thinking I'm crazy) gave me a hug and said: "It's okay honey, we'll be back soon enough." It was hard not to break down sobbing in that monorail car. Luckily we were able to absorb a little more magic at the GF and back at the WL waiting for our car to pick us up.

MojoMax

Aww heck I am crying now just thinking about all these things that make us cry!

When I am there however I fight it at the end of any of the Firework/Shows!

maryszhi

What gets me everytime...

Walking up to the check-in desk
Seeing the castle for the first time
Wishes
Spectro
"Can You Feel the Love Tonight" segment and ending of FOTLK

Most unexpected moments that made me cry were:

1. When I got engaged back in '04 in front of the Partners statue

2. The Holiday tag on Illuminations. I had seen video footage of this prior to going and I knew I"d like the show. I got a little chocked up at home just watching it. Oh man....when it came time to see it live, right when the lady announcer came on after "We Go On" it hit me. I was crying through the whole ending! The funny thing is, I was filming it and you can totally hear me sniffling on camera. :lol:

3. It was our last day and we were at the MK. I knew the time had come to leave and I just wasn't ready. I actually had no idea when we'd be coming back. DH and I passed under the train station and made our way to the exit turnstiles. I almost completely broke down once I hit that bar and pushed though to leave. I'm so glad I had sunglasses on! As we went up the ramp to the monorail, my husband kinda smiled (probably thinking I'm crazy) gave me a hug and said: "It's okay honey, we'll be back soon enough." It was hard not to break down sobbing in that monorail car. Luckily we were able to absorb a little more magic at the GF and back at the WL waiting for our car to pick us up.
my mom and dad always tell me #3 yet before i go threw the turnstile, i always look back for one more glimpse. i always cry on the way to the airport

maryszhi

here is a quick story that made me cry
while we were waiting to get seated for 1900 park fare, the band that plays in the balcony of the gradnfloridian was playing. they began to play beauty and the beast. my dad asked me to dance because everybody calls us beauty( becuase im pretty and a prep) and my dad (the beast becuase he loves sports and is really funny, and sweet) my mom snapped a pic and he whispered in my ear im always going to be daddy's little irish princess. im an only child, so i think it was then that my dad realized im a going to be a senior and that he is ready to accept i am almost grown up
my mom snapped a pic:

Jason-M

Yup, it's still running- and they should actually be doing double spectros each night in the summer. Take lots of pictures/video because it might be the last time you'll see it there

thanks for the info!
I'll make sure i take a lot of videos and pictures!! :)

Rob562

...and during our evening at the Magic Kingdom (during EMH) I teared up because (I think) was the last person walking down Main Street, U.S.A. as they closed the park. "When You Wish Upon A Star" was cuing up in the background and Mickey and the gang were telling everyone goodnight and to come see them again. Did I mention it was my last night at the parks? It was pretty emotional. :cry:

I was surprised that it took until Page 9 for someone to mention the "Kiss Goodnight" at the castle! (Though admittedly it's not well-known and not published in the daily schedule) Definitely one of my key moments for chills and/or tears at WDW. I try to see it at least once every trip. (Especially tear-inducing are the final moments with the castle lit in multi-colors)
For those who have never seen it, I have a video of it on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn8LshblMyU

Other things have already been mentioned, but get me every time:
-We Go On finale to RoE
-Holiday add-on finale to RoE
-American Adventure, both the film montage and the finale chorus of Golden Dream when the side curtains open.
-One Man's Dream
-Haven't been in Animation in a while, but the old finale film they showed there
-the moment "Gone with the Wind" comes on during the GMR finale
-certain moments of "Festival of the Lion King"
-certain moments of "Circle of Life" in the Land
-not tears, but chills the moment in Tapestry of Nations where all the lights went out and the stars sparkled all over everything (more effective at nighttime showings)

-Rob

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I was surprised that it took until Page 9 for someone to mention the "Kiss Goodnight" at the castle! (Though admittedly it's not well-known and not published in the daily schedule) Definitely one of my key moments for chills and/or tears at WDW. I try to see it at least once every trip. (Especially tear-inducing are the final moments with the castle lit in multi-colors)
For those who have never seen it, I have a video of it on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn8LshblMyU

Wow...:cry: I used to be a CM and I don't think I've ever watched or I ever knew about the 'kiss goodnight' BUT - I'm usually never in the park that late either. I hightail it out of there right after Wishes. That was beautiful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom