Any rides or attractions make you cry?

I've had a pretty interesting relationship with the Disney company...I've wanted to be a CM, specifically at the Jungle Cruise, since I was 12. I ended up becoming a CM at Epcot in August of '06 with the plans of transferring to Jungle as soon as I was allowed. Before my Jungle dreams came true, my employment was sadly terminated with the company.

I went back to Seattle for about 8 months before moving back to Orlando in hopes of getting rehired. I didn't, so I purchased an Annual Pass. This worked out excellently- except that, when I tried to watch Wishes (my favorite!!) I realized that I couldn't without completely crying my eyes out, and generally ruining my evening. I guess I couldn't really handle watching something saying all of your Disney Dreams could come true when mine weren't.

For the next 8 or so months, whenever I went to the parks with friends, I would duck into a gift shop or ride a ride while everyone else watched Wishes- perfect solution.

Then, about a month and a half ago, I went through the motions of getting rehired, without expecting anything to come of it. And I got rehired. Into Adventureland/Liberty Square Attractions. Which ultimately ended up being Jungle Cruise!!

My first few days on the job were before they had a trainer available for me, so I was stuck stroller parking with a couple of other new Jungle Skippers (who are now two of my best friends) near Pirates of the Caribbean.

As 10pm neared, I warned them that this would be my first time seeing Wishes in months, not to mention my first time seeing Wishes since I had gotten hired at Jungle Cruise, and that I would probably get a little emotional. They brushed off my warnings, and we continued to park strollers, goof off with guests, and whatnot.

And then Wishes started. And I promptly burst into tears. :lol:

I will never forget the looks on their faces!!

Anyways, long story short, Wishes makes me cry every time...And luckily, now it's because my Disney Dreams have come true.

Disneybub

I always cry when i hear "when you wish upon a star" My grandpa loved Disney and was one of the reasons i fell in love with it. When he passed they played when you wish upon a star at his funeral, Then first time i went to WDW after he passed away, i got off the monorail at MK and it was playing and it was like he was with me.

EPCOT Explorer

I`ll admit it. I get goosebump moments all the time. The Disney magic (or emmotional manipulation).

The finale to Wishes is a killer....
That classic moment when they have the huge gold bursts over the castle and when you wish starts playing?Yep.Every time.

ROE gets me going like nobody's buisness.But that's a excited sort of cry...Esp, when "Celebration" plays...and the We Go On.The song "Promise" that plays after does it too because it follows ROE and signals the end in our EPCOT day.

The Purple gates that lead into WDW get me everytime coming and going.

The opening fanfare of MSEP.

And AA...It's such a patriotic and historical show and really makes me thankful of America.

Opening Monorail Speil gives me that "finally here" moment and with that, tears.

And HOW could I forget the glitter city moment in SSE94?!?That and Iron's were awe-inspiring.

sissa216

1. Festival of the Lion King. I have never watched it and not cried (not just teared up, crying like a baby, lol)
Even seeing videos of it.
And I don't even feel it; it just happens without me noticing.
Suddenly, my face is full of tears (under sunglasses, of course) :cool:
2. Illuminations (not as much as above)

EpScott

Here are the Disney moments that get me in the World:

IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
"360 Top" and the descent on Spaceship Earth (although not as much on the current version!)
"Two Brothers" Civil War segment from American Adventure
Main Street Electrical Parade (my all-time favorite; hopefully it will make a return visit!:))

disneyfan123

The Disney Magic means that I shed tears a lot whilst at WDW. Wishes, Spectro, ROE and Fantastic choke me up.
I also cry at childrens faces lighting up when they see Cinderellas Castle for the first time!

LetsGoAgain

This came as a complete surprise to me when it happened.
My wife wanted to ride Dumbo in the worst way. In previous trips with and without me she had always wanted to but never was able to for whatever reason. This past trip to WDW we went for the first time with our kids, so Dumbo was a must to do, for sure. Throughout the day the wait for Dumbo was crazy, over an hour! We finally got in line later that evening. Just as we were about to board the ride broke down. We decided to stay in line and wait for them to fix the problem which took another 30 minutes. When we finally got on the ride, just as we lifted the elephant up to it's highest point, Wishes started, and fireworks erupted all around our heads and lasted for the entire ride! It was very magical, even for me, it was just like we were in a Magic Kingdom commercial. When the ride ended, we disembarked as Wishes was still going on, my wife sort of turned and walked away from us. I turned and walked toward her to see what the matter was. She was crying almost out of control, with her hands over her face. I wasn't sure what to make of it at first then I realized that she was so emotional over what we just experienced. I just hugged her and held her. Our kids came over and hugged me and her. There we were our little family, hugging all at the same time in the middle of Fantasyland. I can't help but tear up a little now as I type this, just thinking how beautiful that moment was for her and us.

So sweet... you made me tear up just reading it!

I had a lump off and on during our trip. The looks on my girls' faces just got me every time.

geubux

I get a tear in my eye as I watch DD (now 18) smile while she watches Beauty and the beast musical. She saw it the first time when she was 9 and it is still one of her favorites.

Also watching my DS (14) at the frontierland shooting gallery. He's wanted to do that since he was 5 and couldn't even hold the gun up.

Just fun watching them enjoy themselves and still like the things they saw and did when they were much younger.

Brother_Bean

My wife wanted to ride Dumbo in the worst way. In previous trips with and without me she had always wanted to but never was able to for whatever reason. This past trip to WDW we went for the first time with our kids, so Dumbo was a must to do, for sure. Throughout the day the wait for Dumbo was crazy, over an hour! We finally got in line later that evening. Just as we were about to board the ride broke down. We decided to stay in line and wait for them to fix the problem which took another 30 minutes. When we finally got on the ride, just as we lifted the elephant up to it's highest point, Wishes started, and fireworks erupted all around our heads and lasted for the entire ride! It was very magical, even for me, it was just like we were in a Magic Kingdom commercial. When the ride ended, we disembarked as Wishes was still going on, my wife sort of turned and walked away from us. I turned and walked toward her to see what the matter was. She was crying almost out of control, with her hands over her face. I wasn't sure what to make of it at first then I realized that she was so emotional over what we just experienced. I just hugged her and held her. Our kids came over and hugged me and her. There we were our little family, hugging all at the same time in the middle of Fantasyland. I can't help but tear up a little now as I type this, just thinking how beautiful that moment was for her and us.

I’m in work reading this tearing up, its lovely people are going to think I am a loon! :cry:

Kelsybelle

What a beautiful memory! Thanks for sharing!

I always cry when i hear "when you wish upon a star" My grandpa loved Disney and was one of the reasons i fell in love with it. When he passed they played when you wish upon a star at his funeral, Then first time i went to WDW after he passed away, i got off the monorail at MK and it was playing and it was like he was with me.

What a comforting memory!
I don't think I can read these anymore! Somebody, please pass the tissues! :cry:

MousDad

After sitting through Playhouse Disney Live on Stage when I try to stand up and can't feel any part of my body below my navel.

Seriously, I choke up 3 times: The montage in American Adventure, "We Go On" in ROE, and during FOTLK's "Can You Feel ..." when the bird/girl is circling around in the air.

I know - I did all 3 last week. :p

JustPlainBill

What a beautiful memory! Thanks for sharing!
I don't think I can read these anymore! Somebody, please pass the tissues! :cry:

I’m in work reading this tearing up, its lovely people are going to think I am a loon! :cry:

So sweet... you made me tear up just reading it!
I'm at work as well and as I was typing this memory, I felt the water building up in my eyes...me, a supervisor over machinists & maintenence men. Just as I was finishing up a friend of mine, another supervisor from another department burst into my office and asked me what the heck was going on? I had to fake an allergy attack, to protect my manhood!

mrscricket

im not sure what its called but the Lion King environmentally show in the Epcot eatin bit. I dont know why it makes me cry. I think tis the atmosphere, and the music lol

WIX

Wishes made me cry on our last trip. I couldn't hold it back.

And I ALWAYS cry on Space Mountain, just from laughing so hard. I don't know why, but everytime I go on that ride I laugh so hard during the whole thing and tears come pouring. :lol:

I too can not stop laughing every time I ride SM. Tears streaming from laughter . . . a great thing!!!

Walking down Main Street the first time each trip . . . and Wishes always chokes me up as well.

Of course leaving that magical place isn't easy either . . . tears always.

maryszhi

all the parades, fireworks, meeting the characters, going to magic kingdom for the firsttime for our trip, one man's dream, american adventure,
when we arrive and leave florida,
some rides , it depends
but its a small world is one that i always cry( i get really bad headache when we get stuck at the last scene with goodbye in all the languages)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
American adventure and Illuminations chokes me up every time. If Illuminations has the peace on earth tag it is all but guaranteed that I will be blubbering like a baby.

maryszhi

I'm at work as well and as I was typing this memory, I felt the water building up in my eyes...me, a supervisor over machinists & maintenence men. Just as I was finishing up a friend of mine, another supervisor from another department burst into my office and asked me what the heck was going on? I had to fake an allergy attack, to protect my manhood!
its ok for men to cry!!!!
but all these memories made me tear up

Thiger

Hands down: one man's dream. Good thing the theatre is dark. Walt is my idol.

Close second: those fireworks are so beautiful that I always well up

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom