Any one find it funny...

disneydiva72

That as a kid Epcot never really appeals to you, but when you grow up it is one of your favorite parks?

I know when I was younger I hated Epcot, now that I'm a little older I love going there. Whenever we go down we spend more time in Epcot than any of the other parks.

I agree with you, when I was younger I thought it was a yawn fest, but now I find it all very interesting, I better appreciate it.

lpet11984

Epcot has always been my favorite, but then again my first time going to WDW was when I was 16 and all I wanted to do was travel the world...

"If (you) love it, you will always love it. If (you) hate it, you can learn to appreciate it, but it will never be part of your soul...."

Brwneyedgirl72

Epcot is my favorite park - but it also my 5 year old nephew's favorite park. He loves it and my family tends to spend most of our time there when we are at Epcot.

SiriusBlack

Gotta break the mold.... I'm 20 and Epcot is still my least favorite park(always was growing up)... though it is starting to grow on me more everytime i go... the rides of course have gotten bigger, but world showcase just seems cooler to me as i go... still hasn't passed the other parks though.

as a kid in wdw, i was mostly interested in seeing mickey and the rides, and EPCOT barely had either in 1989. however, now as an adult (i use that term loosely), i have a greater appreciation for the themeing and detail, as well as my great appreciation for food and alcohol! Epcot is one of my favorites now

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
When I was a kid... I loved EPCOT Center. However I really didnt like the MK.

Now that I am older... I do like the MK... and still love Epcot!

Figment82

During my very first trip to WDW in the 80's, when I was 2 - I stood in the entrance to Epcot and stated "I could live here!" I LOVED Epcot as a child - absolutely adored it. In fact, I didn't really enjoy the MK at all (back when it was only 2 parks). I wanted to spend all of my time at Epcot, and it's still my favorite to this day. I guess I'm just one of those "weirdoes." :)

cndrellagrl

Epcot was definitely my least favorite park when I was younger. The older I get, the more I love it because of world show case - shopping, food drinking - so much fun! I also enjoy it more becuase of soarin'. One of my faves.

kc1296426

I'm only 14 years old (yeah, I might sound a little older or look older but the fact is I'm still a youngin' haha) and I think Epcot is pretty cool. Sure, I have a thing for the thrill rides there and all teenagers pretty much go for the thrills. But I also love the detail and the presence the whole place really has.

peachypear14

My first trip to Disney was when I was nine, and I despised EPCOT! As a kid, the "big ball" was neat and I loved the monorail ride over there but because my brother (seven at the time) and I preferred the Magic Kingdom (and put up a fit about it), we didn't spend much time at the park that has now become my favorite! It's funny how tastes change.

EPCOT Explorer

During my very first trip to WDW in the 80's, when I was 2 - I stood in the entrance to Epcot and stated "I could live here!" I LOVED Epcot as a child - absolutely adored it. In fact, I didn't really enjoy the MK at all (back when it was only 2 parks). I wanted to spend all of my time at Epcot, and it's still my favorite to this day. I guess I'm just one of those "weirdoes." :)
Welcome to the club.;)

kstella

I definitely enjoy Epcot more now, but I have to say that if they had all the street shows when I was there as a kid I would have enjoyed it more.

DizneyPryncess

It's funny, as a little girl & into my teenage years, Epcot was my favorite park without question! I was obsessed with Innovations, and all the Futuristic things. Loved walking through World Showcase, even though I know I didn't really understand or appreciate it at the time.

Now (i'm 26), Magic Kingdom is my favorite without question. It's become more magical, and I like all the rides I didn't care about as a kid. Epcot is my second favorite, for all the same reasons. I think I'm backwards though!

Steve-B

My daughters (11 & 13 in 2000 - their first visit) loved World Showcase from the start, and only tolerated Future World. Now they love WS even more (favorite for the family) and "like" FW.

disneyfan123

I agree that when I was younger Epcot was not my favourite park - I prefered World Showcase to Future World.
Now I love going to Epcot and enjoying both sides - I think as I have got older I have gained a better appreciation of what Epcot is all about

brucie

I was exactly the same way. Growing up It was by far my least favorite. Now it is second behind only the Magic Kingdom. I love Epcot now!!

My DD hated Epcot when she was 5 or so. Now at 10 she loves it. She likes indentifying with things she has learned in school, loves coloring the masks...not to mention our families favorite ride is Soaring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom