any harry potter fans?

barnum42

MKCustodial said:
Yeah, I'm trying my absolute best not to get my hopes up. Didn't they see what a success Kill Bill was? They could have done the same with Goblet. But noooooo... Let's make money all at once. But you're right, let's wait and see.
Remember - suits don't care about creativity or story telling. It's all about marketing and spinoffs.

MKCustodial

I can see it now...

"He has graduated, and now he's on his own! Presenting... Ron Weasley, the Wacky Wizard! Coming soon to theaters everywhere!"

"New on KidsWB! After helping Harry Potter win his battle against evil, she decided to leave and help other kids everywhere! The Animated Adventures of Hedwig!"

"After defeating Voldemort, they'll find love. Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger in Chasing Mione."

"Were the Dursleys really that bad? All you ever wanted to know about Harry's life before Hogwarts you'll find in Privet Drive."

"Harry has graduated and moved out! They're free! What are they gonna do next? Find out every Tuesday night on The Dursleys!"

imagineer boy

MKCustodial said:
I can see it now...

"New on KidsWB! After helping Harry Potter win his battle against evil, she decided to leave and help other kids everywhere! The Animated Adventures of Hedwig!"

Oh, gosh, I could definately see something like that happening. :lol:

MKCustodial

:lol: I see "Chasing Mione" like those teen dramas, Dawson's Creek-type shows. Privet Drive would be like Smallville, "expanding the mythos". :rolleyes: And The Dursleys would be your regular sitcom. Something would happen on the first episode and they'd be living in Diagon Alley or something. :p

The Hedwig show is an obvious ripoff of the current Krypto show. Totally annoying and pointless. :lol:

EDIT: Oh, and the Ron movie would be starring Seann William Scott or maybe Rob Schneider. You know, a very slapstick comedy. :zipit:

Kwit35

MKCustodial said:
I can see it now...

"He has graduated, and now he's on his own! Presenting... Ron Weasley, the Wacky Wizard! Coming soon to theaters everywhere!"

"After defeating Voldemort, they'll find love. Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger in Chasing Mione."

"Were the Dursleys really that bad? All you ever wanted to know about Harry's life before Hogwarts you'll find in Privet Drive."

"Harry has graduated and moved out! They're free! What are they gonna do next? Find out every Tuesday night on The Dursleys!"
That is so funny. :lol:
How about "That pesky little neighbor you love to hate. Draco the Menace"

nibblesandbits

http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusive_harry_potter_goblet_clip

Here is a movie clip taken from Goblet of Fire...it looks really good...although, I think it's gonna bother me if there aren't any house elves in this movie. I felt like something was missing from the story.

Which makes me think that now I know what all of you have been talking about being bothered with POA. See, before that movie came out I had never read the books, so I didn't know what was missing and what wasn't. Now that I've read the books, I'm gonna know and I think it's really gonna bother me!

(By the way...not to spoil the clip for those who haven't seen it yet, but who is the guy at the end besides Harry? I think I know, but without Winky in the movie, I'm not sure. You can PM me if you want, so as not to spoil it for those who haven't seen the clip yet.)

CaptainMichael

nibblesandbits said:
http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusive_harry_potter_goblet_clip(By the way...not to spoil the clip for those who haven't seen it yet, but who is the guy at the end besides Harry? I think I know, but without Winky in the movie, I'm not sure. You can PM me if you want, so as not to spoil it for those who haven't seen the clip yet.)
Let's just say that it tis Winky's "younger" master. Anyone who has read the book will know. Basically, they have dumbed it down for non-book readers!

From what I've seen, everything is pretty good except that: They are making Dumbledore a mean, crazy guy who shouts at and accuses Harry! Albus Dumbledore does not act like this in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter. He is always a cool, collected, thoughtful, and humorous person. Either Gambdon, or Newell (director) has interpreted Dumbledore the wrong way. If there is one thing they must fix before film 6, it is the portrayal of Albus Dumbledore. If they fail to do so, there will be many an angry fan! It is an insult to the character! For cryin' out loud, the man holds a playful conversation as he fights with the most powerful dark wizard in the world. You can diss Chris Columbus all you want, but he and Richard Harris had the right idea about Dumbledore!

MKCustodial

I still think Chris Columbus had the right ideas for this series. I hate the look of PoA, and the fact that it was Cuaron who convinced Newell not to make Goblet into 2 movies just makes me like him even less. It'd have been great to see the Weasleys and the Dursleys meet in Goblet, but they took that away from us.

EDIT: And now that I've watched the clip... WOW, they're REALLY dumbing it down for the pre-teen folks, huh? Is this story gonna have any suspense at all? The culprit is right there on the screen!
I've said it once and I"ll say it again: the books have been bestsellers for YEARS. Why did Jo let the movie people change the stories so much, I'll never know.

Number_6

imagineer boy said:
Has anyone seen the clip where Moody turns Malfoy into a Ferret? Its hilariouse! :lol:

MacGonagle: "Professor Moody! What are you doing?"

Moody: "Teaching!"

MacGonagle: "Are you... are you telling me that that is a student?"

Moody: "Technically, it's a ferret!"

:lol:

nibblesandbits

MKCustodial said:
EDIT: And now that I've watched the clip... WOW, they're REALLY dumbing it down for the pre-teen folks, huh? Is this story gonna have any suspense at all? The culprit is right there on the screen!
I've said it once and I"ll say it again: the books have been bestsellers for YEARS. Why did Jo let the movie people change the stories so much, I'll never know.

Yeah, but technically, some people might not know who the culprit is in the end, especially if they haven't read the book. So, maybe it's not so bad after all.

By the way, thanks for the answer Str8fan...that's what I thought.

Connor002

STR8FAN2005 said:
From what I've seen, everything is pretty good except that: They are making Dumbledore a mean, crazy guy who shouts at and accuses Harry! Albus Dumbledore does not act like this in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter. He is always a cool, collected, thoughtful, and humorous person. Either Gambdon, or Newell (director) has interpreted Dumbledore the wrong way. If there is one thing they must fix before film 6, it is the portrayal of Albus Dumbledore. If they fail to do so, there will be many an angry fan! It is an insult to the character! For cryin' out loud, the man holds a playful conversation as he fights with the most powerful dark wizard in the world. You can diss Chris Columbus all you want, but he and Richard Harris had the right idea about Dumbledore!

I completly agree with you, when I first saw that clip a few days ago, I was dumbfounded when Dumbledore did that. I must say: they did (fairly) well making the first two movies, but these are starting to go downhill.

nibblesandbits

oh man after watching these clips, I can't wait to see the movie. Although I shouldn't have watched them...now I'm gonna recognize the scenes! lol!

MKCustodial

I just started watching those clips. Wow, old Albus is in-sane! The man lost it!

And is it just me, or does Krum seems too cocky? I always pictured him a bit shy and unsure of his actions, unless they're quidditch-related.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom