any harry potter fans?

Dukeblue1016

Anything else pumped when they saw a thread called "any harry potter fans" and then immediately within the first sentence the sixth freaking book was spoiler and ruined for everyone???

seriously that was a good idea, hey thanks original poster for flatout giving no warnign at all that you were going to ruin the 6th book... i mean i just finished the 5th book in the series (I got into the books at the start of the summer, and swept right through them) and well hey... thats fun, i like knowing what happens in the 6th before i get to read it.

thank you. you ruined my day.

MouseMadness

I... okay, I'm sick, so the meds may be affecting my B.S. detector, but you're kidding, right? :lookaroun

This thread is SO OLD that at the time it had nothing to do with the sixth book. They posted about an ACTOR dying, not a character.

Dukeblue1016

well then I didn't spoil anything considering I was under the impression that Dumbledore dies... so I apologize I got worked up, I mis-read the original post as the person saying dumbledore died... because i was overly exhausted. Sorry I just misread it. Looks like all is good, I can start the 6th book tonight!

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
MKCustodial said:
Nope, I think you're missing the point. The third film was the best one in your opinion. I think "Prisoner" is the best book of the series so far (haven't read Half-Blood yet) and they ruined the movie. So it's all a matter of opinion, and forgive me if I don't join you on the "cut" bandwagon. From what I've seen so far, they're gonna do to "Goblet" what they did to "Prisoner", so I'm already going in with very low expectations. I do hope I'm wrong, though.
I agree completely. The third book is my favorite, and I was very much let down by the movie. Not just because they left out so many key elements in the plot, but I just didn't like the overall style of everything...I much prefer the first 2. They MIGHT have been a bit slow in parts, but so was the third one...in fact, I typically skip the whole first bit of the third and go straight to the Leaky Cauldron scene....mainly to skip the Knight Bus because I hate that part so much.
Anyway, I'm not expecting the 4th movie to be any better than the 3rd.

As for the whole mix-up with me posting the "spoiler" at the first....I won't even comment on it since it seems to be cleared up....but perhaps you should read posts closer next time before you start accusing people of such things, Darkblue.

imagineer boy

MKCustodial said:
All right, who wants the new trailer?

http://www.omelete.com.br/superomel...y_potter</a>_e_o_calice_de_fogo_-_trailer.asp

It's still small right now, but as soon as a larger size is available I'll let you guys know.

That was kind of a cool trailer! I like some of the ideas they're using for the movie like the stands being in the lake for the second task. And the special effects look good too. I think they're making the first task a little too over the top IMHO. And what was up with that music? It sounded very un-Harry Potterish. Sounded more LOTR style.

MKCustodial

With Prisoner, I think they started ripping-off the LotR franchise. The tones and feel of the movie in general, and the way they changed the school property. Speaking of which, did you guys notice how the school's terrain changed once again? The quidditch field is far far away from the castle and on top of some kind of hill. And it doesn't seem like the hedge maze will be inside the field, as in the book. Changes, changes...

Connor002

they have the perfect excuse for everything

whatever it is, whatever happened, any little discrepancy, thier excuse is, and can always be: "It's magic."

:)

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
MKCustodial said:
And it doesn't seem like the hedge maze will be inside the field, as in the book. Changes, changes...
I noticed that! And it annoyed me! *sigh* But, what can we do?

As for the music, I assume the change is because John Williams is, unfortunately, not doing the score...which is yet another thing that is bugging me about #4. I guess with such a long series as this, it was going to happen sooner or later. I fear for the score, though. When they made The Mummy 2 and used a different composer, it completely ruined the mood of the movie, imo. To me, the original score fit so perfectly. Same with HP; John's score is perfect for the mood....I just hope whoever is doing the score this time doesn't stray too far from John's style (but, of course, do his own thing, as well).

barnum42

Dizknee_Phreek said:
As for the music, I assume the change is because John Williams is, unfortunately, not doing the score...which is yet another thing that is bugging me about #4. I guess with such a long series as this, it was going to happen sooner or later. I fear for the score, though. When they made The Mummy 2 and used a different composer, it completely ruined the mood of the movie, imo. To me, the original score fit so perfectly. Same with HP; John's score is perfect for the mood....I just hope whoever is doing the score this time doesn't stray too far from John's style (but, of course, do his own thing, as well).
I'm sure the Harry Potter theme will be kept. As for changing composers, look at the James Bond Franchise, which has utilised a number of different composers, but for the most part you can still hear that you are watching a Bond Flick (Eighties electronic For Your Eyes Only excepted, but I still kind of like that score)

Dukeblue1016

Dizknee_Phreek said:
As for the whole mix-up with me posting the "spoiler" at the first....I won't even comment on it since it seems to be cleared up....but perhaps you should read posts closer next time before you start accusing people of such things, Darkblue.

I really am entirely sorry, I should've read your post more clearly. Terrible sorry, glad its all cleared up now though.

I'll try and be more careful in the morning before I've had my coffee, or just won't even come on until I get that coffee in me...

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
I'm sure the Harry Potter theme will be kept. As for changing composers, look at the James Bond Franchise, which has utilised a number of different composers, but for the most part you can still hear that you are watching a Bond Flick (Eighties electronic For Your Eyes Only excepted, but I still kind of like that score)
Very true! I hadn't thought about the Bond films, but you're right, they did keep the basic Bond theme in there. Hopefully they'll do that with HP.

FutureCEO said:
Anyway, John Williams is good but he's not a god.
You're right...Howard Shore is, though.

imagineer99

Looks really well done...

As I said, I'm all for a good FILM. I have no desire to see the books be followed word for word (as long as the general storyline is maintained). The best thing to happen to the potter series was for Columbus to leave!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom