any harry potter fans?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I just re-read Prisoner of Azkaban and there were some interesting details that I think may come into the next few books.

1. Crookshanks seems to be more than a regular cat. Is Crookshanks an animagus?

2. Lupin's friends learned to be animagi when they wanted to help him, so it seems anyone with enough skill and interest could become one (certainly Harry would have the skill and interest).

3. Snape doesn't seem to use Dumbledore's name (has anyone else noticed this?). He refers to him as "the Headmaster". Is it a simple matter of respect, or is there some deeper meaning and connection with people's reluctance to use Voldemort's name?

4. I think there are many clues to future events in the divination classes. If you look at some of the predictions Harry and Ron throw out, they often relate to events in future books.

I've never read any of these web-sites and their speculation, so these points are probably all common knowledge to anyone who spends a lot of time with it, but I found some of those things interesting from my, layperson, perspective.

DarkImage4

Originally posted by garyhoov
1. Crookshanks seems to be more than a regular cat. Is Crookshanks an animagus?

2. Lupin's friends learned to be animagi when they wanted to help him, so it seems anyone with enough skill and interest could become one (certainly Harry would have the skill and interest).

#1 - There were on-going thoughts that Crookshanks was either Lily Potter in Anigamus form OR Crookshanks was part Kneasle (I think...)

#2 - There is a diffierence between Animagus and Metamorphmagus. Animagus is a learned ability. Metamorphmagus are bron that way, there is no way to study to become one. Tonks mentioned this in OotP when Harry asked if he could learn to be one. Thought that was an interesting connection as well.

MKCustodial

Re: Some HP theories...

Originally posted by DarkImage4
I've been reading a bunch of stuff with theories about the Harry Potter books and what will be coming in number 6 and 7.

Specifically...www.mugglenet.com and The Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter (bought this at Barnes & Noble when we picked up OotP)

If you don't want the forethough of these thoeires..DO NOT READ...if you do ...let me know what you think...

Theory #1:

JK Rowling never creates anything just "for the heck of it". If she creates and mentions a specific spell/person/creature etc., it will, most likely be significant somewhere down the line. That being said.

Why do we think she created the "Metamorphmagus". (Using the character Tonks to bring this "ability" to our attention.) Again it wasn't just for fun...

What is the one thing that JKR keeps pointing out that's different about Tonks daily? Her hair.....

Back in Book 1, what is the one thing that Aunt Petunia continually has problems with young Harry? His Hair. She will cut it and it would "magically" grow back to the ways it was (or the way he wanted it.)

Could Harry be a Metamorphmagus and not know it?

Theory #2...I'll post this later directly from the book...I won't do the description justice.....Could James Potter be alive? How? As Lupin.... details to come....

Image, for GOD's SAKE, don't post anything from "Phoenix"!!!! :eek: I still gotta wait till November to get my hands on it!! :hammer: :cry: :cry:

DarkImage4

Re: Re: Some HP theories...

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Image, for GOD's SAKE, don't post anything from "Phoenix"!!!! :eek: I still gotta wait till November to get my hands on it!! :hammer: :cry: :cry:

Sorry MKC :( .... I would never give anything away that directly effected the story at all or your enjoyment of the book. I thought this was a harmless mention. There is nothing to be "ruined" with this little info, however, I will be more careful....again...sorry:hammer: .

I have a life...these aren't my theories...I'm just repeating stuff I've heard elsewhere ;) . It's just interesting to think about all of he things J K R has hidden throughout the whole "septology".

MKCustodial

Re: Re: Re: Some HP theories...

Sorry MKC :( .... I would never give anything away that directly effected the story at all or your enjoyment of the book. I thought this was a harmless mention. There is nothing to be "ruined" with this little info, however, I will be more careful....again...sorry:hammer: .

All good, bud. :wave: I started reading, and it was already difficult since the names are totally different. But when I got to a point where I could recognize the names and I wasn't make the connections, I figured it should be stuff coming from book 5, so I freaked! :lol:

darthdarrel

Re: Re: Re: Some HP theories...

I have a life...these aren't my theories...I'm just repeating stuff I've heard elsewhere ;) . It's just interesting to think about all of he things J K R has hidden throughout the whole "septology".
Don`t listen to that man behind the curtain... I mean MKT! :lol:
I`m not reading the book so post away... tell me everything! :lol: and to you MKT :p :lol:

Tigggrl

Harry let me borrow his copy of Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them By Newt Scamander.
Hagrid REALLY needs to read this book!:lol:

MKCustodial

The Secret of Harry Potter Six and Seven Revealed?

This is straight from IMDB:

A British tabloid claims to have uncovered the titles of the final two Harry Potter novels. The Sun newspaper claim the sixth and seventh installments of J.K. Rowling's wizard adventures will be called Harry Potter And The Mudblood Revolt and Harry Potter And The Quest Of The Centaur - after discovering the titles had been registered as trademarks with the UK Patent Office. They were mysteriously registered in July by a company called Seabottom Productions, who themselves were formed just days before and who share a London address with the British lawyers of Harry Potter film studios Warner Brothers. Sources close to reclusive Rowling have refused to confirm the rumors - but fans of the global literary sensation are already beginning to speculate if the titles are true, or just an elaborate decoy.

MKCustodial

Well, by now you must have already discussed everything you had to about the new book, but I finally have "Phoenix" on pre-order, it comes out down here on December 6th. So I started rereading the others to catch up on the small details. I'm finishing "Philosopher's" and I'm about to start "Chamber". And then, all I gotta do is retrace all the posts you guys discusse the new plot points, find out what all the names mean in English, and join in REALLY late! :lol: :p

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by MouseMadness
Thanks Roddy! :wave: And thank goodness for pictures!! :lol: as to the article, all I can say is wassat now? :lookaroun
Mousey you took the worlds right out of my mouth thanks Roddy and Mousey did I tell you I love your avatar :lol: :lol:

MKCustodial

Originally posted by MouseMadness
Thanks Roddy! :wave: And thank goodness for pictures!! :lol: as to the article, all I can say is wassat now? :lookaroun

:lol: I didn't mind including a translation of the article because it doesn't have anything interesting, it's basically the plot of the movie...

MKCustodial

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls! I'm proud to present to you the first teaser of "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"'!!!

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/harrypotter/us/med/azkaban/azk_tlr1_500.mov

Still downloading it, haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure to post my comments soon. Gotta tell you, I'm really afraid of this new director, I heard there will be no Quidditch since Wood and Hooch ain't in it, but that doesn't make sense since this is the one where Gryffindor wins the Cup! Not to mention all the cosmetic changes that are sure to follow a new director.

Anyways, we'll see...

darthdarrel

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls! I'm proud to present to you the first teaser of "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"'!!!

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/harrypotter/us/med/azkaban/azk_tlr1_500.mov

Still downloading it, haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure to post my comments soon. Gotta tell you, I'm really afraid of this new director, I heard there will be no Quidditch since Wood and Hooch ain't in it, but that doesn't make sense since this is the one where Gryffindor wins the Cup! Not to mention all the cosmetic changes that are sure to follow a new director.

Anyways, we'll see...

Any news as to when it will be released? They were say this time last year that the new Harry potter movie would be out around November of 2003, now I am hearing January of 2004.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by darthdarrel
Any news as to when it will be released? They were say this time last year that the new Harry potter movie would be out around November of 2003, now I am hearing January of 2004.

Actually, it'll be out in May or June 2004, I'm not sure. I know it was taken out of the Thanksgiving thing because of the change of directors (and the whole thing with the fire on the set and the death of Dumbledore). Theoretically, "Goblet" will go back to the Thanksgiving schedule, even though there's the possibility of it being 2 movies like Kill Bill and Matrix. So maybe it could be out May/November? The really need to go back to the one-a-year schedule, cause the kids are growing REALLY fast. Draco seems to have metamorphosed, for Pete's sake! And I'd hate if they were to change the kids...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom