Any Garmin Forerunner 305 users?

Andrew54

I went to Best Buy yesterday and looked at the Forerunner 305 and it looked quite large. Those of you who run with them whats your take on it?

mraphael

I have the 205 and I believe that it's about the same size. I have found that I will have to wear a sweatband under it because it starts to spin a bit because I don't like to wear it to tight....

Phonedave

I went to Best Buy yesterday and looked at the Forerunner 305 and it looked quite large. Those of you who run with them whats your take on it?

I don't notice it. For it's size it it pretty light.

It must weight less than half of what the watch I wear on a daily basis weighs.

-dave

Andrew54

Ill probably be picking one of these up then and trying it out. It just looked so large with the 405 sitting next to it. But the 405 was about twice the price.

WishIwasThere

My wife loves it. It seemed rather large at first, but now it doesn't even phase her. She's happy about not having to wear her iPod Nano now. She loves the 305 and all the features, especially when she syncs it up to the computer. She says the heart rate monitor is also quite comfortable. She doesn't even notice it is there. Doesn't cause chaffing on long runs or anything like that.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I just got my 305 - loving it so far. No problem on the size and weight. It looks big, but really isn't an issue when you are wearing it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Since this falls into the category of GPS watches, I thought I'd toss this in here and see what yall thought instead of starting a new thread.

Do you see anything wrong with this screen grab of this ad. This is really bugging me if Im right and Ironman didnt make the ad at least accurate statistically. That kind of stuff drives me nuts since I have to be so careful because Im in the same market of making ads like this. Am I going crazy.

Error.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Since this falls into the category of GPS watches, I thought I'd toss this in here and see what yall thought instead of starting a new thread.

Do you see anything wrong with this screen grab of this ad. This is really bugging me if Im right and Ironman didnt make the ad at least accurate statistically. That kind of stuff drives me nuts since I have to be so careful because Im in the same market of making ads like this. Am I going crazy.

View attachment 26899

The numbers don't seem to add up. Having said that, these devices are so configurable, I'm not sure what they have in each of those data fields.

joel_maxwell

The numbers don't seem to add up. Having said that, these devices are so configurable, I'm not sure what they have in each of those data fields.
Well, if they have a pace of 8:37 and their split is 3:46:96 how could they have only covered 9.470 miles. :shrug:

Am i reading this thing right? Am I crazy?

Phonedave

Well, if they have a pace of 8:37 and their split is 3:46:96 how could they have only covered 9.470 miles. :shrug:

Am i reading this thing right? Am I crazy?

Depends on how the pace field is set.

On my 305 it can show average pace, instantaneous pace, best pace, or pace for the last mile.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Depends on how the pace field is set.

On my 305 it can show average pace, instantaneous pace, best pace, or pace for the last mile.

-dave
Ahhhh. I would hope that is it. It might have been that. I cant imagine (well, actually i can) putting an ad together where the numbers did match up. I have see that before.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just sent the link to my wife with a "Wow... look at this great price just in time for Christmas"

Wonder if she will bite. LOL Thanks for posting.

LOL good work - its free shipping as well!

I'm loving my 305. The workout programming you can do is really impressive. Makes doing interval stuff really precise and you know exactly where you are in the workout.

joel_maxwell

LOL good work - its free shipping as well!

I'm loving my 305. The workout programming you can do is really impressive. Makes doing interval stuff really precise and you know exactly where you are in the workout.
:brick:

I paid $110 for my basic Polar HR in August. Oy!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
:brick:

I paid $110 for my basic Polar HR in August. Oy!

Really??? Ouch. Well, if Sam says you can get the 305, go to Best Buy. That's where I got mine and I think it was only $80. I have no idea why it was so cheap. I'm a rewards member there, I'm not sure if there was a discount or something, but check it out.

Oh btw, speaking of the wives rolling theirs eyes everytime we mention new gear, mine got me the Nathan race vest for my birthday :D

joel_maxwell

Really??? Ouch. Well, if Sam says you can get the 305, go to Best Buy. That's where I got mine and I think it was only $80. I have no idea why it was so cheap. I'm a rewards member there, I'm not sure if there was a discount or something, but check it out.

Oh btw, speaking of the wives rolling theirs eyes everytime we mention new gear, mine got me the Nathan race vest for my birthday :D
I think it was $99, then you have to factor in tax.

Very Nice. Happy future/belated birthday. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom