any differance at all for all stars?

alisonwonderlnd

i know POP is newer,,,etc
BUT with the all stars,,,,just resort per resort....room per room
ANY noticable differances?IF someone said...ok you can have your choice of any of the all stars,,,which would you choose?

I haven't stayed at the others, but I'm an All Star Music fan.

Movies attracts a lot of kids. Out of the 3 All Stars it has the most recognizable icons (Toy Story, etc), so parents and families flock to that one (although now ASMusic does have family suites). ASSports attracts more of the sports groups.

I have had some band/cheerleading groups at Music, but not as much.

This is all based on what I have heard/read since as I mentioned I have not been to the other 2.

The resorts are pretty much all the same. It comes down to which theme you like, but I think ASMusic seems to have less appeal to younger groups and I like that. I also think the guitar and piano shaped pools are very cool. :-D

Upvote 0

alisonwonderlnd

Original Poster
I haven't stayed at the others, but I'm an All Star Music fan.

Movies attracts a lot of kids. Out of the 3 All Stars it has the most recognizable icons (Toy Story, etc), so parents and families flock to that one (although now ASMusic does have family suites). ASSports attracts more of the sports groups.

I have had some band/cheerleading groups at Music, but not as much.

This is all based on what I have heard/read since as I mentioned I have not been to the other 2.

The resorts are pretty much all the same. It comes down to which theme you like, but I think ASMusic seems to have less appeal to younger groups and I like that. I also think the guitar and piano shaped pools are very cool. :-D
i did get the chance to see pics of the rooms
and yes,,,IM being weird,,,lol
BUT Music seemed the best looking
with sports coming in close
I liked the look of the MUSIC rooms,,,but thought movies bathtrooms were cuter
however,,,the art in the foodcourt for MUSIC was kinda cheesey
BUT hey,,,its Disney,,,,
sports seemed kinda OK,,,but meh
i didnt like the border on the wallpaper at Music though
no flames PLEASE,,,,i realise this is a weird thing to say,,,,,,:eek:

Upvote 0

melmood2000

I just stayed at All Star Music in september. My past 3 visits before this year I had stayed at POP and I will stay at POP every time here on out. I only liked 2 things staying at All star music #1 being the guitar pool there was a kiddie pool that my daughter just loved. #2 being the games and movie they did at the pool in the afternoons, I have since learned that they do the games and movies at almost all the resorts now. The things I didn't like about All star music is the food court seemed limited and always crowed wall to wall people. The eating area next to the food court seemed dated and in need of a sprucing up. The wait and lines for the bus was difficult almost every where we went. I have heard mixed things about the All Star bus system but from my personal encounter I didn't like it. I'm all for Disney transportation I just dislike the multiple stops and 1/4 of the people get off and more get on all the time and shuffling. Another note about the buss Sports is the First stop then Music and the Movies. There was some times we would get to Movies and no one would get off so there wasn't any room so the buss would leave and the people at music would have to wait for the next bus for the same thing to happen again? I'm not sure because I didn't have to wait there but seemed a little stinky to me. I have heard that some times the All Stars have there own bus but our next visit I don't want to gamble to see if that is true.

Upvote 0

duplechien

Im not 100% sure but I want to say that I read somewhere that out of the three, the rooms at All Star Movies are slightly bigger. When I say bigger, I mean by like only a couple square feet; not even enough to probably be noticeable. Ive stayed at the Music and Movies and seem to prefer the Movies.

Upvote 0

nitch

I'e stayed at all three and I'm torn between Sports and Movies. Music didn't have that much of a Disney feel whereas Sports and Movies both have references to Disney characters and when I stay on-site I like to feel I'm actually at Disney World still when I come home from the parks.

The giant character models by the hotel buildings might just mean Movies shades it...

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have stayed at all of them and when it comes to the rooms they are nearly identical outside of the decor. The pools will of course differ by shape but they are all pretty much 3' deep concrete holes with water in them. About the only real tangible difference in all of the values would be the food court and their offerings. As you might have guesses they all offer about 90% of the same things but there are a few subtle differences. One difference is Pop has tie dyed cheese cake which makes it the clear choice for me.:D

tumblr_lhtsgcOwL71qew6kmo1_500.jpg

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Im not 100% sure but I want to say that I read somewhere that out of the three, the rooms at All Star Movies are slightly bigger. When I say bigger, I mean by like only a couple square feet; not even enough to probably be noticeable. Ive stayed at the Music and Movies and seem to prefer the Movies.

All value rooms, except suites, are 260 sq ft. All-Star Music Family suites are 520 sq ft.

Pop Century rooms are the same size, but the beds are anchored in a slightly different position so may give the feeling of more room.

You may be thinking of Caribbean Beach, the rooms there are slightly bigger than other moderate resort rooms.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

I like the sports best because its the first bus stop going and coming from the parks. Food court has good selections too. Just watch your timing a lot of sport teams stay there. All the all star rooms are the same .

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

Earlier this week on these boards, I read that all of the rooms had just been refurbished at the All Star Movies. I'm not sure if the rooms at the other 2 All Star resorts were recently refurbished or not, but I trust someone on here would know. :)

Upvote 0
I was at Movies this past weekend, in Bldg. 3, and the room was refurbished. I can't speak for the entire resort though. I usually stay at PORS and hadn't been to ASM in years — it was a pleasant surprise.

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Earlier this week on these boards, I read that all of the rooms had just been refurbished at the All Star Movies. I'm not sure if the rooms at the other 2 All Star resorts were recently refurbished or not, but I trust someone on here would know. :)

The Sports and Music resorts have been refurbished in the last few years as well :) So has Pop.

Upvote 0

stefan74

I heard the bus service was not that great at Music and Movies. I have only stayed in Sports but have read in Disney tour books that the busses will pick up at Sports first, then head on over to the other two (not sure which one is after Sports on the bus loop). I have read reader comments that a bus would make it from AS Sports but it would be filled to capacity and only let a handful of people on it. With that being said, I would rather stay at AS Sports.

Upvote 0

Chrim

The All-Star Movies resort has the least crowded food court of the 3 All-Stars. Initially, I also think it had the best theme/decor. I understand the rooms at Movies are in the process of being renovated, so I don't know if that will continue. Some of said that the rooms at Movies are the most tired and in need of renovation, but that now seems to be in progress and Movie could soon be the nicest.

Movies also often gets it own bus service to/from the parks, but that is not always true.

Movies seems to have the largest percentage of rooms classed as preferred location (roughly 60% vs about 20% at other values).

Music is the only value that is currently open that has suites (which are the size of two standard rooms).

Pop Century has taller buildings (4 stories), while All-Star buildings are all 3 stories.

Upvote 0

Jeff456

I like AS movies the most the themeing just seems a little more over the top (plus I think it is the newest All star resort, someone might correct me here), however (I am not sure if this is just something that UK travel agents do), it seems to command a slight premium over the other All Stars. If this is the case I would just save some money and stay in All star music which is what we always did, the rooms are basic but it is still Disney!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom