Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

Purduevian

Magic Kingdom really needs the DL Fantasyland treatment and use its land much better for small rides.
MK FL rides(9): Pan, Small World, Carousel, Pooh, Dwarfs, Dumbo, Little Mermaid, Barnstormer, and Tea in about 715,000 sqft
1 D ticket, 4 C tickets, and 4 B tickets, 1 show, 6 QS, and 1 TS
DL: (12)Casey Jr., Story Book Canal, Dumbo, Small World, Carousel, Snow White, Toad, Pan, Pinocchio, Tea, Alice, and Matterhorn in about 500,000 sqft
1 D ticket, 6 C tickets, and 5 B tickets, 1 show, 1 QS

Imagine if New Fantasyland had 2 extra C tickets (Alice and Pinocchio) and an extra B ticket (Casey Jr. Train). I doubt many people would travel to WDW just for these 3 attractions, but most people would want to go on Alice and Pinocchio while Casey would always have a short line.

DinoInstitute

I think DAK also could use a few lesser, C-level type attractions.

DHS could use one more land. Possibly the rumored Indy land?

MK - complete agreement. Although an Adventureland e ticket and removal of the carpets would help balance out the park a little.

Epcot - needs to make use of unused space - Innoventions/WoL. Needs to fix Imagination and Seas. Maybe one more E ticket in WS.
For Epcot, as much as something more like Poppins/other expansion would be nice, honestly I think Guardians/Ratatouille are probably enough in terms of additions in the short run. More than anything I think the park needs to just focus on dedicating its resources to updating what’s already there. Imagination, Seas, and Spaceship Earth in particular are all in need of huge refurbishments, and ones that could make them just as huge draws as other e tickets in the park.

RSoxNo1

Magic Kingdom really needs the DL Fantasyland treatment and use its land much better for small rides.
MK FL rides(9): Pan, Small World, Carousel, Pooh, Dwarfs, Dumbo, Little Mermaid, Barnstormer, and Tea in about 715,000 sqft
1 D ticket, 4 C tickets, and 4 B tickets, 1 show, 6 QS, and 1 TS
DL: (12)Casey Jr., Story Book Canal, Dumbo, Small World, Carousel, Snow White, Toad, Pan, Pinocchio, Tea, Alice, and Matterhorn in about 500,000 sqft
1 D ticket, 6 C tickets, and 5 B tickets, 1 show, 1 QS

Imagine if New Fantasyland had 2 extra C tickets (Alice and Pinocchio) and an extra B ticket (Casey Jr. Train). I doubt many people would travel to WDW just for these 3 attractions, but most people would want to go on Alice and Pinocchio while Casey would always have a short line.
Your ticketing here is off, but the greater point is still relevant. Using prime attraction space for a Princess Meet and Greet was a bad idea, and in general New Fantasyland needed to add more capacity than it did. If they did this with a bunch of busbar dark rides a la Disneyland's New Fantasyland in 1983 or took an approach with larger scale additions like Mermaid, either one would have been fine by me.

Ripken10

D Tickets: Dwarf and Matterhorn
C Tickets: Pan, Small World, Pooh, Mermaid, Snow White, Toad, Pinocchio, Alice
B: Tickets: Carousel, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Tea Party, Casey Jr., and Story Book Canal

To be fair I have never been to DL so I'm not 100% sure on those, but that's kinda what I've gathered. Just curious, which one(s) did I get wrong?
Please don't let an argument start about what every forum member feels ticket level each ride is, please please please. This is like worse than politics watching people argue over this

britain

My bet:

They will play the short term game here, and quickly add a relatively cheap clone within a year of Galaxy’s Edge’s opening.

But what will it be?

CalebS

My bet:

They will play the short term game here, and quickly add a relatively cheap clone within a year of Galaxy’s Edge’s opening.

But what will it be?
That’s a good guess. I’d love it if they made a more elaborate toontown area where animation courtyard is... fits that same animation feel, but makes better use of the space. Put in roger rabit dark ride, the kids coaster and another dark ride maybe

WDW862

That’s a good guess. I’d love it if they made a more elaborate toontown area where animation courtyard is... fits that same animation feel, but makes better use of the space. Put in roger rabit dark ride, the kids coaster and another dark ride maybe

There's not enough room.

OvertheHorizon

To say that Galaxy's Edge will be popular is an understatement. I realize they are opening the same "land" at Disneyland and WDW. After the openings, it seems that there would be more room to expand at WDW. They could, within a few years, incorporate Star Tours into the land (by moving the Muppet attraction to a different location) and I believe there is an expansion area on the north side of Galaxy's Edge in WDW for an additional future attraction.

UpAllNight

If we were to get a quick clone my guess would be monsters inc dark ride. Cheap and relatively easy and quick to make. It would also add something the park lacks. It does however lack the required capacity to make a dent.

rd805

If we were to get a quick clone my guess would be monsters inc dark ride. Cheap and relatively easy and quick to make. It would also add something the park lacks. It does however lack the required capacity to make a dent.

A modern film "classic dark ride" would be a pretty good fill. Make it constant moving a la Mermaid -- Monsters seems pretty perfect, what about Incredibles for the action feel the park has? And then update Indiana Jones from show to jeep thrill ride from Disneyland with updated tech = pretty perfect park for a while.

Timothy_Q

A modern film "classic dark ride" would be a pretty good fill. Make it constant moving a la Mermaid -- Monsters seems pretty perfect, what about Incredibles for the action feel the park has? And then update Indiana Jones from show to jeep thrill ride from Disneyland with updated tech = pretty perfect park for a while.
I think their point was, what could Disney clone into DHS for a quick short term fix.

The Monsters dark ride isn't an omnimover. Neither the DCA or the TDL one

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

Speed up construction on Tron and GotG to draw people away from DHS.

I agree that it’s really unfortunate that there isn’t a competing attraction in another park to draw crowds away from DHS. Project Spark might do something (and it seems to be timed accordingly), but it’s nowhere near enough.

They should have morningtime appearences by the actual Mark Hamill over at Epcot (where a lucky family joins him onstage, or something like that). Or some other special events with celebrities or whatnot that will cause some percentage of people to arrive at DHS later in the day, to break up the crowd flow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom