Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

UpAllNight

Do we know for certain they’ve accepted there’s a need for more in the Studios? I can imagine them sitting pretty thinking they’ll have achieved their goals when attendance shoots through the roof. To add capacity to he park they’re going to have to open up land that isn’t currently used / use it much better.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do we know for certain they’ve accepted there’s a need for more in the Studios? I can imagine them sitting pretty thinking they’ll have achieved their goals when attendance shoots through the roof. To add capacity to he park they’re going to have to open up land that isn’t currently used / use it much better.
Like the Animation building and admin block?

PorterRedkey

I’ve not seen it mentioned specifically for the 50th. There again it’s been “coming” for 5 years now.
I’m really surprised that LM and BatB haven’t been changed out with new shows. I thought at least one of the theaters would get a show before SW:GE opens. DHS is going to need more attractions to draw people out of SW:GE or to give them something to do when the Star Wars area is closed due to capacity.

RSoxNo1

The Studios will certainly need more, but I think DAK will actually be the park that's the most behind by 2021. Here's hoping it's next project will be taking place while Epcot is getting some attention.

I'd also argue that MK needs 3-4 more Little Mermaid type attractions, by that I mean high capacity C/D-tickets that don't otherwise move the needle attendance wise.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The Studios will certainly need more, but I think DAK will actually be the park that's the most behind by 2021. Here's hoping it's next project will be taking place while Epcot is getting some attention.

I'd also argue that MK needs 3-4 more Little Mermaid type attractions, by that I mean high capacity C/D-tickets that don't otherwise move the needle attendance wise.
So basically, all 4 parks need 3-4 additional attractions each.

RSoxNo1

So basically, all 4 parks need 3-4 additional attractions each.
Exactly. In all seriousness here's a breakdown of what we're looking at:

Magic Kingdom - needs capacity, not an attendance boost
Epcot - needs an attendance boost attraction, will have plenty of capacity. It's possible Guardians and Ratatouille accomplish this, but I think MK and DHS will be well ahead of Epcot for "popular attractions"
DHS - Very likely will need a capacity boost. Again, it's why not updating GMR was a big mistake.
DAK - will likely need another marquee attraction, ideally without a height requirement. This would be my operational choice for the Shanghai Pirates tech.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Exactly. In all seriousness here's a breakdown of what we're looking at:

Epcot - needs an attendance boost attraction, will have plenty of capacity. It's possible Guardians and Ratatouille accomplish this, but I think MK and DHS will be well ahead of Epcot for "popular attractions"
DHS - Very likely will need a capacity boost. Again, it's why not updating GMR was a big mistake.
DAK - will likely need another marquee attraction, ideally without a height requirement. This would be my operational choice for the Shanghai Pirates tech.
I think DAK also could use a few lesser, C-level type attractions.

DHS could use one more land. Possibly the rumored Indy land?

MK - complete agreement. Although an Adventureland e ticket and removal of the carpets would help balance out the park a little.

Epcot - needs to make use of unused space - Innoventions/WoL. Needs to fix Imagination and Seas. Maybe one more E ticket in WS.

CaptainAmerica

What would that look like, hypothetically? I'm not sure there's anything that can be done at the Magic Kingdom that adds significant capacity without also drawing disproportionately larger crowds. Infrastructure projects are important, and I think they really need to develop alternate egress options behind Main Street, but I'm not sure what else does the trick. More QS F&B? In theory, New Fantasyland should have done what you're suggesting. New square footage and dining options, a high-capacity omnimover, and some "meh" attractions for little kids, all anchored by a mediocre D-ticket kiddie coaster. It didn't really work out that way.

mikejs78

Premium Member
What would that look like, hypothetically? I'm not sure there's anything that can be done at the Magic Kingdom that adds significant capacity without also drawing disproportionately larger crowds. Infrastructure projects are important, and I think they really need to develop alternate egress options behind Main Street, but I'm not sure what else does the trick. More QS F&B? In theory, New Fantasyland should have done what you're suggesting. New square footage and dining options, a high-capacity omnimover, and some "meh" attractions for little kids, all anchored by a mediocre D-ticket kiddie coaster. It didn't really work out that way.
Probably another 2-3 rides like Little Mermaid. NFL wasn't nearly enough and it got rid of capacity in Snow White, so the capacity boost wasn't as significant as it should have been. Also, attendance has gone up significantly since NFL opened.

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

The Main Street theater would've been a great start

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Main Street theater would've been a great start

Fully agreed.

Besides a theater, MK could use an amphitheater for day-time shows rather than the crowded castle stage that would double as fireworks viewing (see my sig below for a link to that idea).

And stop adding rides to MK even if they're C/D. While a C may not be a big attractor, the fact that MK has 27 rides compared to the other parks' 9-12 rides is why MK leads the pack. Adding more rides just increases that disparity and will prevent the other parks from drawing guests from the MK to themselves. MK's capacity issues are solved if people visit the other parks in place of the MK because the other parks are just that good.

Timothy_Q

Fully agreed.

Besides a theater, MK could use an amphitheater for day-time shows rather than the crowded castle stage that would double as fireworks viewing (see my sig below for a link to that idea).

And stop adding rides to MK even if they're C/D. While a C may not be a big attractor, the fact that MK has 27 rides compared to the other parks' 9-12 rides is why MK leads the pack. Adding more rides just increases that disparity and will prevent the other parks from drawing guests from the MK to themselves. MK's capacity issues are solved if people visit the other parks in place of the MK because the other parks are just that good.
Honestly, the 3 other parks need an extra 5 rides each, on top of what it's already being built.

They lack in comparison with every other Disney park around the world (Even WDS)

RSoxNo1

Look upthread, I basically said Little Mermaid like additions. Honestly, if Frozen Ever After was added to Fantasyland with Mermaid's capacity that would have satisfied this demand. My proposal has long been moving it's a small world to Epcot and opening up that space for Frozen, Tangled and Beauty and the Beast. You'd lose one ride (small world) in favor of three higher capacity rides.

Timothy_Q

I'm not as high on the Main Street Theater as a lot of people are. Although it could have been enjoyable, the capacity of theaters like the Hyperion are great, but at most they have shows a handful of times a day - so their impact is limited.
That's true.

But it sure is better than nothing lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom