Anxiously Waiting for Free Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Okay... So I have what may be a stupid question. Assuming these rumored dates are correct, our trip is scheduled for August 19-29th and we are on the dining plan at All Star Movies. If free dining starts on the 23rd, could we get free dining for the remainder of our trip?
Only if you do a split stay.

JenniferS

So we would have to change the reservation to Aug 19-Aug 23 and then do a second reservation for Aug 23-Aug 29th?
I believe so, yes.
Problem is, you must purchase tickets as part of the Free Dining package, so you won't be able to buy the most economical 10 day pass. You'll need a 4-day pass and a 7-day pass ... or skip the parks altogether on the first few days.

DimpledDevil18

I believe so, yes.
Problem is, you must purchase tickets as part of the Free Dining package, so you won't be able to buy the most economical 10 day pass. You'll need a 4-day pass and a 7-day pass ... or skip the parks altogether on the first few days.

Ahh ok... I see. We already have 10 day hoppers so it may not even be worth the savings. Thanks for your help!

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
Okay... So I have what may be a stupid question. Assuming these rumored dates are correct, our trip is scheduled for August 19-29th and we are on the dining plan at All Star Movies. If free dining starts on the 23rd, could we get free dining for the remainder of our trip?
Definitely get a second opinion from what the other user gave you - I'm fairly certain that you'll have free dining your entire trip. Generally, I believe all of these promotions are for check in dates between X and Y, meaning that if you check in during that time you have it for your entire stay.

mf1972

Definitely get a second opinion from what the other user gave you - I'm fairly certain that you'll have free dining your entire trip. Generally, I believe all of these promotions are for check in dates between X and Y, meaning that if you check in during that time you have it for your entire stay.
that happened to us a few years ago. our stay overexcited our stay, but we had the free dining for our entire trip.

JenniferS

Yes except her check-in is for four or five days BEFORE the promotion starts. It only works length of stay for days on the END of the vacation, after the promotion ends, provided you checked in within the prescribed dates.

I have had to shuffle my dates at least five separate times in the past to adjust my schedule to the promotion dates.

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
Yes except her check-in is for four or five days BEFORE the promotion starts. It only works length of stay for days on the END of the vacation, after the promotion ends, provided you checked in within the prescribed dates.

I have had to shuffle my dates at least five separate times in the past to adjust my schedule to the promotion dates.
Whoops! Missed that! Yes - I agree!

ninjaprincesst

We always check in on the last day free dining is offered (well sometimes second to last) but our free dining extends through out entire stay, even Thanksgiving Day. I was surprised they let it go for thanksgiving but they do.

DimpledDevil18

Thanks for the clarification. Free dining would have been cool, but oh well... Unfortunately we cant change our dates again because we've all put in our vacation time and stuff at work.

GeneralZod

I respectfully have to disagree with Captain America. My wife and I consider it a challenge to save, review, and compare each and every receipt from decades of visits. We have photos of the receipts as well as even some of the meals, Lol. When we plan our annual visit, it's like a command center of dry erase boards and print offs. Based on our meticulous records we on average save around $600+ each 8 day visit by the free dining promotion. I can also verify that we do indeed eat steak many of the nights, (as part of the plan). Not to mention, staying on site is part of what we want to do, therefore makes the value worth it for us. I mean when you start bringing in off site, driving and flying, or not even going at all, well obviously you could save a lot more that way. So it really just depends on what you want in a trip. For us it works marvelously and indeed saves money. For you, maybe not. Someone doesn't ALWAYS have to be wrong on these forums.
I think this is just very subjective and affects families differently based on multiple factors. We performed the same exercise a few years ago. We actually found that purchasing annual passes and Tables in Wonderland with discounted rooms was very comparable to free dining. This also gave us much more flexibility in our dining choices.

I understand it is logistically unreasonable; however, it would interesting if you had the choice of free dining or discounted rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom