Anxiously Waiting for Free Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newfoundlander

Me Too! And I'm trying to co-ordinate a trip from Canada and cant buy any package (with my flights included) till the free dining is announced! NO changes are allowed if I book now! Anybody have any tips for me other than playing the waiting game??

DisneyGigi

If my memory is correct, last year it was announced in May. (Like the first week) previous years it was typically annouced about right now, first to Disney Visa card holders, then via pin codes, then General public. I think last year it was just announced General Public. We had booked bounce back free dining so I did not follow along as closely as in years past. Keep watching the boards! :)

Newfoundlander

Hi Dad 2 M & M, I can't book now because I am buying a package (flight, hotel, park tickets) from either Air Canada or Transat in Canada and they do not allow changes after booking, (you loose your 250.00 ea. deposit) . I looked at just booking the rooms and tickets from Disney, and getting air tickets separately, as you are probably suggesting, but the difference in price is about 1000.00 yikes! So I feel a little stuck..waiting..:(

Dad 2 M & M

Hi Dad 2 M & M, I can't book now because I am buying a package (flight, hotel, park tickets) from either Air Canada or Transat in Canada and they do not allow changes after booking, (you loose your 250.00 ea. deposit) . I looked at just booking the rooms and tickets from Disney, and getting air tickets separately, as you are probably suggesting, but the difference in price is about 1000.00 yikes! So I feel a little stuck..waiting..:(
I get it! Didn't realize (should have been obvious) the flight was driving the "no changes".....my bad

Newfoundlander

Thanks Dad 2 M & M, wow look at all the times you have been to Disney...you really must be a font of knowledge!! I'm frustrated with being Canadian and not feeling the love (I can't even get the Disney VISA and use its early "Free Disney Dining "booking perk, because I don't have a USA billing address...which didn't stop my getting 4 other USA credit cards and a USA bank account! ) Sigh, just more waiting...

Weather_Lady

I'm waiting, too! We're scheduled to arrive mid-November. We never happened to be traveling during a "dining promotion season" before, and even if we have to upgrade our tickets (to parkhoppers, e.g.) to get it, it would still save us over $1,000! That would be really, really nice. I'm doing my best to manage my expectations, though, since Disney's "special offers" seem to be less and less special all the time, offering fewer perks for fewer dates... the recent one that gave people a single free CS meal per day was almost laughable. Given the current trend, I'm starting to wonder if the fall dining promotion will end up being along the lines of, "a snack-sized bag of potato chips, offered to every family that checks into a pool-view deluxe room between 4:30pm and 4:45pm on limited Thursdays in November..." ;)

Last edited:
Last year, I believe it was early to mid May! I Remember this because it was announced only a few days before my families trip! Hopefully they will announce it a little bit earlier this year! FINGERS CROSSED

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
Since bringing in huge crowds is no longer an issue hopefully Disney will discontinue free dining all together.

Hopefully?! I say boo... boo to you and all the people who liked this.

Free dining is actually a really freakin' good deal depending on the room type you book and your family's dining habits. I get that many people would be better off with room only discounts financially. I also get that theres a small minority of you out there that think that free dining kills quality, but I respectfully disagree with that notion, especially given how infrequently the promo is run these days.

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
I'm waiting, too! We're scheduled to arrive mid-November. We never happened to be traveling during a "dining promotion season" before, and even if we have to upgrade our tickets (to parkhoppers, e.g.) to get it, it would still save us over $1,000! That would be really, really nice. I'm doing my best to manage my expectations, though, since Disney's "special offers" seem to be less and less special all the time, offering fewer perks for fewer dates... the recent one that gave people a single free CS meal per day was almost laughable. Given the current trend, I'm starting to wonder if the fall dining promotion will end up being along the lines of, "a snack-sized bag of potato chips, offered to every family that checks into a pool-view deluxe room between 4:30pm and 4:45pm on limited Thursdays in November..." ;)

We are scheduled to arrive just after labor day for our family of 5 - it's going to save us $1k too! Honestly, if it's not offered I may re-consider our trip or at the very least our dining plan. We have just over $1k in Disney Dollars from our Visa card that will expire next year, so we definitely want to use that up one way or another.

Can't deal with the wait!

NZDisneyFan

I'm waiting for it too. We are coming over from New Zealand and with the current exchange rate for two adults over 8 days would save almost NZ$2000. It's the difference to us eating crappy cheap food and being able to have character meals and table service. This literally is a once in a life time holiday for us to celebrate our 30th birthdays, so really pinning my hopes on free dining for our trip starting 27th of September.

DisneyDreamer08

My travel agent said she heard the fall promotion will be released around April 25th. However, she has no idea if its free dining or something else.
We are booked for the last week in September and are reallllllly hoping for free dining :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom