Anoying Guest Habits

strobe

Originally posted by Pippa
Well I get very annoyed when I see new born babies in their mothers arms at WDW, surely this is not a holiday for the mother and the baby sure isn't going to remember the experience, but hey this is just my two pence/cents.

At first thought, I would be inclined to agree with you. But some people might not have the luxury of having someone to watch their newborn, or may just not want to have someone else do it for an extended period. Personally, I don't think it is the best place to bring a baby, but everyone has their own reasons for doing things. I am sure it's a hindrance to the parents as well, so they must have a reason for it (even though it makes zero sense to me).

I say to each their own, let everyone enjoy the parks in the way they see fit. As long as the baby isn't crying during shows, etc. (like happens in movie theaters), they aren't really disturbing anyone. But again, just because you bring a baby to the parks doesn't give you special rights either.

nikechic

SInce I just got back yesterday, I have a ton of annoying guest experiences.

1. Children who run off from their parents and then come to a dead stop and look around for them. (My fiance almost plowed a couple kids over and one time lifted his leg up and over a kid because he was going to run him over.)

2. People who are lined up and seated in the first row of the parade and then when the parade starts stand up. You have the best seat in the house. SIT DOWN.

3. People who believe they don't have to obey the safety notices. We almost saw a major accident. We were on IASW and Hispanic non-English speaking people were ahead of us. As soon as we enter the first room the girl in front of us stood up. After about a minute her father realized that she should sit down. About two seconds later, the whole family decided they needed to switch position so everyone moved seats. Then the older sister who was two rows ahead of us decided she needed to take pictures. And the best way to do this is of course to STAND UP ON THE SEAT OF THE BOAT. Anyway she spend most of the ride standing up and taking pictures. As we are approaching the unloading dock the little girl has stuck her head in the water and is playing around. And my fiance and I thought this was it. Just as the concrete ramp is about to take her head off, her dad grabs her and pulls her back into the boat. We were almost wanting it to happen because that family ruined our experience.

4. People who were the ponchos on Test Track because it was drizzling outside. Then for them only to complain it was too hot in them when the ride breaks down and they are stuck inside.

5. Standing room only at Fantasmic....the family behind us started scream at us that we were blocking their view. Well it was an hour before show time and it had been pouring so we weren't really in the mood to sit on the ground. But they kept telling us we need to sit down so they can see. I don't know what....the empty mountian. We got ed off and went a rode the RnR coaster and the TOT instead.

6. This is just at theme parks in general not necessarily at Disney: People who win those super big stuff animals on those carnival games and then carry them around all day and hit you with them because they are so big.

7. THIS IS BYFAR THE BIGGEST ANNOYANCE....
For our anniversary we went to Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Really romantic, I know. Anyway they announced all the anniversaries and we were invited up for a personal dance with the characters. They asked everyone to clear the dance floor for the couples but the parents refused to take their kids off the dance floor. It totally ruined it, why can't parents just listen to directions. No their kid has to see Mickey now!!!

Sorry to be such a downer.

aim

Originally posted by nikechic
SInce I just got back yesterday, I have a ton of annoying guest experiences.

7. THIS IS BYFAR THE BIGGEST ANNOYANCE....
For our anniversary we went to Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Really romantic, I know. Anyway they announced all the anniversaries and we were invited up for a personal dance with the characters. They asked everyone to clear the dance floor for the couples but the parents refused to take their kids off the dance floor. It totally ruined it, why can't parents just listen to direction. No their kid has to see Mickey now!!!

Sorry to be such a downer.

That would really bug me too!! Did the CM say anything about them still being out there?

nikechic

Originally posted by WDW*babe
That would really bug me too!! Did the CM say anything about them still being out there?

They said nothing. It was kind of hard with some many people.

But I remeber an other annoying thing that really didn't have to do with guest but e-ride night was so packed that all the lines were really long. And the little kids there were all tired and cranky and crying because it was so late. It is late put the kids to bed.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by s25843
Screaming Kids
and unreleated to Disney

Screaming children on a Plane

A Child who insists on using the back of your plane seat for their kickboxing lessons

OMG!!! :lol: I HATE all thoose things to! I hate the kickers and the squeelers...ugh... I would much rather jam a ice pick in my ear drums than hear that... The worst is when its contstant, high pitched squeel/scream/cry and the parents(s) do absolutly nothing to correct the problem and comfort (shut the damn kid up) the child.

I have experienced quite a few seat kickers on flights (to and from Orlando)... what I try to do though... is I turn around and look at them ... if they keep doing it... they get the "look of death".. that usually will stop them for a little while at least. :lol:

DizKneePhan03

Re: Re: Re: Re: WAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHHH WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Originally posted by celticdog
This is kind of funny. Now you know how us smokers feel. Smokers have been ostrasized and cast out by society. We are now, the new lepars. But, i'm o.k. with that.

Psssttt.... (I'm a smoker too!!!)

celticdog

Originally posted by strobe
Hey now :D that's a whole different topic with different circumstances!! We can't even talk about that in here...

Oh, I agree. Smoking can, and usually is extremely annoying in tight close proximities. But, the joke i was making is how it's supposedly not fair to bash on stollers, yet it's always o.k. to bash smokers. I'm not trying to ignite (get it) the whole smokers debate, it's been burned out (get it).

I have my pet peeves just like everybody else, and i'm sure i've ticked more than my fair share of people.

DizKneePhan03

Re: Re: WAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHHH WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
:eek:

Hope you weren't as pleasant in your first 3 posts!... :brick:

Don't try to tell us we're NOT annoyed by it....

Instead of yelling back at the annoyed,...

You'll find these boards to be a fun place to visit if you take a good breath, relax, and stop yelling at people!

:)

Let me answer these in order...

In my first 3 posts... I was quite pleasant, and a tad bit humorous.. perhaps you should read them..:D

Never have I stated in any of my posts that you were not annoyed about it ..:brick: .. you are and that's fine.. you have a right to be.. my whole point is I am also annoyed with "some people" taking those "few" who have wronged them.. and applying to "mostly all those who have strollers." You defend yours.. and I am defending mine.

And I do not recall YELLING at anyone.. :zipit: if I have capitalized words or letters, it was either WDW or WDL.. those are nouns.. and therefore that is why I capitalized those particular letters. Besides my "HANG WITH THE BIG DOGS", that's was meant in a sarcastical way...:rolleyes:

Again this is a place to vent on things that annoy.. and that's what I have done..."vented" Never, have I attacked anyone (personally) about their posts, views or opinions.. I have just added my own views.

I in no way.. meant to offend you or anyone else..:eek: This is "supposed to be the Happies Place on Earth", (meaning WDW and WDL) :D I just don't appreciate being "sterotyped" or "categorized" because I have a stroller.

I don't let my children scream, or run around, I don't run into people... or use my stroller as a form of crowd control. I don't scream at my children or beat them. I don't b**** about how little money we have in public, or really deny my children what they want at DW.. It's a place for fun.. and "good" memories.

DizKneePhan03

Re: Re: WAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHHH WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
:eek:

WOW!
All that from a new forum member?!?!?...

:)

I'm not a new forum member.. I have been coming to this site for a while now.. But I have just recently registered though. (My comp was down.. and was using a friends..)

:D Have a nice day!!!:D

Testtrack321

People with small kids who are attached to their parents via teather. Then the kids run around and trip up everyone in their path.

People who use the turning lanes as a way to speed up and then cut infront of you... in the intersection.

People who question the stupidest things that CMs say or do.

strobe

Originally posted by celticdog
Oh, I agree. Smoking can, and usually is extremely annoying in tight close proximities. But, the joke i was making is how it's supposedly not fair to bash on stollers, yet it's always o.k. to bash smokers. I'm not trying to ignite (get it) the whole smokers debate, it's been burned out (get it).

I have my pet peeves just like everybody else, and i'm sure i've ticked more than my fair share of people.

Hey smokers don't bother me at all. I used to go the bar quite a bit, so I'm used to it! :D Nonetheless, some people like to turn any opening into a full blown debate!! This one slipped by under the radar :lookaroun ..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom