Anoying Guest Habits

DizKneePhan03

Re: Re: Re: Re: WAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHHH WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Originally posted by bearboysnc
What is WDL?

Walt Disney Land...
I know some just call it Disney Land..
But ever since I was a child I thought because we had Walt Disney World down here .. In Cali they had Walt Disney Land...
:lol:

josh_e_washie

Nothing may be worse than walking through a park and enjoying the scenery, theming, music and fresh air when 'BHAM!' a guest walks buy with a cigarette -or worse- a cigar, and causes you to cough hysterically while filling your lungs with deadly smoke...talk about ruining the magic!:brick:

Testtrack321

Originally posted by josh_e_washie
Nothing may be worse than walking through a park and enjoying the scenery, theming, music and fresh air when 'BHAM!' a guest walks buy with a cigarette -or worse- a cigar, and causes you to cough hysterically while filling your lungs with deadly smoke...talk about ruining the magic!:brick:

Especially when you are allergic to smoke.

strobe

I knew it was coming! I KNEW IT!! See above :D

wdwjmp239

These are all good "Guest Annoyances", but my favorite one is -- and I swear -- I hear it all the time I go to Epcot and grab a bite to eat in Germany. I'll hear someone from the table next to where I'm sitting... "Is this beer from Germany?"

Another classic one (and I think it was posted in here) is when you're walking behind someone then they stop right in front of you. Then, God forbid you bump into them! OH MY!!! You'll just ruin their vacation!

You guys want to try something cool? If you're standing in the middle of Epcot, Magic Kingdom, etc. Start clapping for no reason -- I guarantee you'll get about 15-20 other people clapping with you. My bro and I coined this "The Clapping @ Disney Effect" :)

Enjoy!

DizKneePhan03

smoking in the park

I am a smoker.. and I fully understand where you are coming from... I myself smoke outside of my house.. (can't stand contained smoke...don't ask.. I'm just wierd that way!!!:lol: )
No one who enters my house is allowed to smoke inside my house. Not only for the smell and the discoloration it leaves.. but for the health of my children as well.. At least when I am outside.. it is away from them.

What gets me is.. I was just recently at WDW with my family, and was in a "designated" smoking area.. enjoying my "cancer stick", when a non smoker actually walked by and stood right beside me. She then looked at me and "waved" her hand in front of her face.. and made the comment, "That's soo gross." That's when I turned to her and pointed to the "Designated Smoking Area" sign and said.. "Well if you don't like it.. perhaps you should leave."

I will respect anyone's wishes... WDW wishes for me to smoke within certain areas that's fine.. at the same time people should not come to "our" area and complain. We've been kicked out of restaurants, and are now forced to smoke outside..(again fine with me.) But don't walk by and give us nasty looks and comments because we have a habit not everyone likes. It's our bodies and our lives, some people smoke cigarettes, others drink, some perfer "recreational drugs". Everyone has a habit, wether it's gambling, being addicted to caffine...(again I am guilty of this one too), or being a work-a-holic... things that "seem" innocent enough.. but they too can kill.

If you respect my space... I will respect yours!!!!
:D

DizKneePhan03

Revealing the person behing the mask...

I took my 3 daughters to WDW, and as we were waiting in line to see one of the Chacters that's was dressed up as Peter Pan.. my daughter who is now 5, asked me if that was the real Peter Pan.. wanting her to have a childhood fantasy.. I told her it was "The Real Peter Pan.." Just then, someone behind me made a comment about how they could have "found" someone better to play the part.:brick:

I was sooo angry :mad: with this individual I turned around and said to him..."Please shut up.. you're destroying the imagination.":brick:

strobe

Re: Revealing the person behing the mask...

Originally posted by DizKneePhan03
I took my 3 daughters to WDW, and as we were waiting in line to see one of the Chacters that's was dressed up as Peter Pan.. my daughter who is now 5, asked me if that was the real Peter Pan.. wanting her to have a childhood fantasy.. I told her it was "The Real Peter Pan.." Just then, someone behind me made a comment about how they could have "found" someone better to play the part.:brick:

I was sooo angry :mad: with this individual I turned around and said to him..."Please shut up.. you're destroying the imagination.":brick:

You do quite a bit of sparring out there, dont you?? :) You sure seem to have a whole bunch of zippitydoodah. :lol:

aim

Re: Revealing the person behing the mask...

:eek: i would be VERY ANGRY too!! oh man!

DizKneePhan03

Re: Re: Revealing the person behing the mask...

Originally posted by strobe
You do quite a bit of sparring out there, dont you?? :) You sure seem to have a whole bunch of zippitydoodah. :lol:

Again, I frequent WDW about 3 times a year.. if possible.. And I have been going since before I could walk.

All that I am trying to get out there is, some people should try and use some bit of sense around children.. Like for instance, when a chacter is dress up and meeting the "guests", don't walk up behind someone who is with their child, waiting to hug or get an autograph from the chacter, and say..."I bet that guy's really hot in that costume."

Because for children, there is no costume, that's really Pooh, or Mickey standing there.

My daughter then asked me (about the Real Peter Pan), why that guy said that.. And I told her, "As some people grow older, they lose their sense of imagination. And it's just like the Tinker Bell thing.. if you don't believe in faries, then they are not real... but if you do believe, then they are real."

I just don't want "some people who don't believe" to destroy the "magic". Cause there are still some of us out there that "do" believe.

wdwhoneymooner

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
You guys want to try something cool? If you're standing in the middle of Epcot, Magic Kingdom, etc. Start clapping for no reason -- I guarantee you'll get about 15-20 other people clapping with you. My bro and I coined this "The Clapping @ Disney Effect" :)

Enjoy!

My friends and I used to do something similar. We used to look up at Sky Scrapers and point. We made sure we didn't look like tourists and made some muffled comments. Soon people would come over and stare with us. We pulled this from a Candid Camera stunt.

Ah, youth!

barnum42

Re: Re: Re: Revealing the person behing the mask...

All that I am trying to get out there is, some people should try and use some bit of sense around children.. Like for instance, when a chacter is dress up and meeting the "guests", don't walk up behind someone who is with their child, waiting to hug or get an autograph from the chacter, and say..."I bet that guy's really hot in that costume."

One of my past jobs included appearances in a giant teddy bear costume. The worst culprits at spoiling the illusions were not adults but kids screaming "It's just a man in a suit" to the little kids. My request to have claws fitted to the cosume in order to teach the brats a lesson was turned down :( As these were the same brats that would kick me in the back I thought it only fair to be able to defend myself. You can't do much damage with padded paws.

strobe

Re: Re: Re: Revealing the person behing the mask...

All that I am trying to get out there is, some people should try and use some bit of sense around children..

People cannot use commonsense in anything they do in life. No matter how clear, how simple, the system there is always someone who just doesn't get it or thinks they are special. My opinions on the 'special people' are way too harsh for a Disney board, so I will just leave it at that.. :D :lol:

But don't expect people to use commonsense, cause sense just isn't that common anymore.

celticdog

Here's an annoying habit, but this is not just limited to Disney parks, it can occur anywhere large groups of people gather. This is my pet peeve when watching a parade or fireworks display. It really annoys me when the person behind me is so close i can feel and hear their breathing. I need my space so i'm then forced to move. If i don't move, i'll stay there and get more and more annoyed to the point of wigging out.:hammer: :hammer:

MKCustodial

Originally posted by tori_614
It annoys me when people sit down in pre-show areas after they have been told not too

Do you have examples in mind? Cause I always sit down at Country Bear Jamboree, HISTA or Muppets, especially if it's not too crowded. Cause then there's no room to sit, obviously... :lol: :p

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by tori_614
It annoys me when people sit down in pre-show areas after they have been told not too

Yeah!

Even MORE annoying is that Disney would build pre-show areas WITHOUT places to sit!

:brick:

JasonCajun

Originally posted by thumper
Have to agree with the double wide strollers - I especially like when you see a bigger child (7 or 8 year old) in them...:brick:

I love when you enter a theater and the CM says, "Move all the way down to the end and please do not stop in the middle." Of course, you always have some family who has to plop themselves smack in the middle of the row only to screw things up. I can understand when the theater is not full capacity, but I can't tell you how many times I've been to the American Adventure where this has happened! AAGGGHH!:hammer:

Thats when you accidentally step on some people's toes :goodnevil :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom