Anoying Guest Habits

FutureCEO

don't worry. I do that all the time. Anywa, To bring this thread back to consciousness Im writing a book, It called 101 reason why customer will annoy you". It's being based on my work experience at BJ's these past few months.

tori_614

Originally posted by imagineer99
The thing that bugs me the most is when I see people in wheelchairs that don't have to be! For example, I saw a 12 year old sitting in a wheelchair. At first I thought he needed to be. Then, he gets up and starts running around like crazy.

The last thing the magic kingdom needs is the unecessary use of large wheeled objects that have the tendency to run over guest's feet.:mad:

I agree, I always find the people that probably need to wheelchairs are walking.

mickeykid79

Another thing i find annoying are attractions that take guest in as groups and people still insist in forming a line. An example is the Universe of Energy, My partner and I were waiting for the next show so we decided to sit in the shade, (along the construction walls), people looked at us as we cutting, not realizing that the attraction, takes in guest as a group and not by line order.

The haunted mansion is another, people yell at you for cutting when the cast member tells you squeeze over and you end up at the front door, not knowing that once you're in the order in which you were in has now been scrambled.:hammer:

pepsistar

:lookaroun Strollers, strollers-- can't live with them can't live without them. :lol: Does anyone know "why" they made the double stroller side by side instead of back to back? Those double strollers are really the worst!! This my ankels know/tell!

Please If you can use the fold up strollers---:D

One of my complaints-- For the last two years I have been trying to get a good video of Fantasmic . Last time I was there I went by myself, had a GREAT spot and was very excited -This will be the one. ( so I thought )

Untill, just as the show started a family of 5, with a large!! man decided to change seats and stood up for about three mins while looking around for a different seat, annoying all of us and disrupting my video experience that I had so been waiting for.

Ok! this done then they get up two times to go and get something?? to eat? drink! ( the show is only 20 mins!) The best is yet to come!

Ok, they finally stop getting up and down and then when the show gets to where the boat with all the characters on it comes around the bend, these people stand up look around and then decide to leave-- before the "big" finish thus blocking the view again. Well, was that enough-- NO about 20 or more people from the front of the theater start walking up the steps to leave also! ARGHHHHHHHHHH :fork:

I guess they wanted to beat the crowd ?? or did not like the show! Who knows, I only know what I thought was going to be my best video of the show was well----:fork: WHY WHY!!! :cry:

I am always looking for people taking pictues/videos and try to stay out of the camera site-- Sometimes I wonder!!!

Does anyone know "IF" Fantasmic/Illuminations is available to buy?? on video? ( the complete shows )

Also, why do people want you to crunch together in the lines when it is sooooo hot, you do not get to the entrance of the ride any faster by smashing into people. Oh------:mad: Too hot, hot, hot!!

HMGhost13

people who walk...un...believably...slow....ok i rush but i don't "rush" at WDW. because of my prosthetic leg, i HAVE to walk faster than most people just so i don't end up tripping over my feet...but i get behind some people and i just want to hit them cause they're moving slower than the worm smushed on the ground..

and the strollers annoy the you know what outta me.

Dean[AU]

Original Poster
Originally posted by pepsistar

Does anyone know "IF" Fantasmic/Illuminations is available to buy?? on video? ( the complete shows )

You an try ebay, there was a guy selling illegal boot legs.. but i think disney busted him.. you can get some O-K vids from Popkid's server [search the boards]

BTW: Why does everyone zoom in to mickey at the end of fantasmic.. when thers fireworks everywhere :fork:

DizKneePhan03

WAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHHH WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

:mad: First of all .. the bashing of the strollers.. be them double or single has really gotten me sick.. I have 3 daughters.. 7, 5 and 18 months. We have just recently come back from WDW and will be returning at the end of this month.. The impression that I get from most WDW and WDL fans.. is that they do not wish for small children to attend WDW or WDL. Indeed "some" parents are rude and do bump into you with their strollers.. but do not say "parents with strollers" in a general sence. I am a parent with a "DOUBLE" stroller, due to the fact.. my children can't "HANG WITH THE BIG DOGS" and tough it out walking in the park all day long. I myself have been bumped, hit, and rammed with strollers from other people, as I was pushing my stroller. If I hit anyone, I always apoligize, wether it was my fault or not. Would you rather us let our children run wild about the parks. Bumping into you and stepping upon your toes?

May I offer a suggestion.. to those of you who do not have children.. and have never pushed a "double" stroller before.. find two children, with a combined weight of 70 lbs. Strap them within the stroller, go to the MK or any other park on the busiest day, and push them around for at least 5-6 hours. And then come back to this thread and tell me how well you did. Either that or the next time I go to one of the parks, how about you come along and carry all 3 of my children for me.

I was under the impression that WDW and WDL were to meant for families, and "Children of all ages" But I guess that doesn't include "families with children, who will be needing a stroller."

Perhaps you should watch where you are walking too.
And just remember....

"The next time you think you are sooo damn perfect... try walking on water!!!"

strobe

Re: WAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHHH WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Originally posted by DizKneePhan03
:mad: First of all .. the bashing of the strollers.. be them double or single has really gotten me sick..

The title of your reply says it all - not about the previous posts, but rather your own. I happen to agree with you on some of your points, but you really need to take a breath and calm down a bit. This is a happy place! :D Have a magical day.

DizKneePhan03

Re: Re: WAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHHH WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Originally posted by strobe
I happen to agree with you on some of your points, but you really need to take a breath and calm down a bit. This is a happy place! :D Have a magical day. [/B]

Yes, it is a happy place :) , but for those of us that require the use of strollers, or have children, I suddenly feel not welcomed ,or wanted, :( in the one place where I thought EVERYONE should enjoy themselves. It's really funny ya know.. whenever I pull into WDW, and I am passing through the big archway gates, that say "Walt Disney World", that go into the parking lot.. no matter how old I get, whenever I see that, I suddenly feel 7 years old again. :) I want my children to experience that. For the rest of their lives. My fondest memories of my childhood,were going to WDW every summer. But I feel that because I have chosen to have children.. people will now snubb me and roll their eyes :rolleyes: when they see me walk down Main Street with my stroller.

And it's not just the people with the strollers.. OK.. WDW and WDL are VERY crowded place.. if you are walking in the middle of the street or side walk.. and we happen to be behind you.. DON'T STOP in the middle of the dang place.. cause then it is kinda hard NOT to hit you. Do you understand what I am trying to get at here.. No one is perfect.. so if by chance you do happen to get hit by a stroller.. think before you issue a dirty look or a nasty comment.. it may be your fault you got hit in the first place. May be.

BRER STITCH

:mad: First of all .. the bashing of the strollers.. be them double or single has really gotten me sick.. .. The impression that I get from most WDW and WDL fans.. is that they do not wish for small children to attend WDW or WDL. ...
And just remember....

:eek:

WOW!
All that from a new forum member?!?!?
Hope you weren't as pleasant in your first 3 posts! :brick:

The title of the thread is "ANNOYING GUEST HABITS".

Many of us happen to be annoyed by strollers hitting us in the back of the legs while we're trying to walk through the parks.

That's why we posted it.
Because we are.
Don't try to tell us we're NOT annoyed by it.

And...most importantly....it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH CHILDREN BEING AT WDW! It has EVERYTHING to do with the people manning the strollers AND the stroller designs themselves!.

Let this be a wake up call. For it to be such a universal complaint, I guess more than just a few people feel this way.

Instead of yelling back at the annoyed, do something positive about it. Design a new stroller....be more vigilant.....confront a fellow stroller pusher you see who is operating the thing like a mad person, giving the rest of you a bad name....bring another adult to the park with you to help out.....etc.

You'll find these boards to be a fun place to visit if you take a good breath, relax, and stop yelling at people!

Better yet... you would have been perfectly within your rights to start a new thread to rebut those who are annoyed by strollers.

:)

strobe

Re: Re: Re: WAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHHH WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

My fondest memories of my childhood,were going to WDW every summer. But I feel that because I have chosen to have children.. people will now snubb me and roll their eyes :rolleyes: when they see me walk down Main Street with my stroller.

I agree with you, my memories from my childhood are the same way. I personally think that people are just rude to each other in general, regardless of the stroller factor. It's just a sad truth of our society today. When I go to WDW, I love watching the little kids have fun, it's part of the magic. If you go to WDW, you have to be patient with everyone, especially parents who are trying to work hard and enjoy their vacation at the same time.

On the flip side of that coin, however, you do get some rude parents who use their strollers as battering rams. I don't think it's the strollers fault, I think it's the attitude of the person pushing it. When I see grouchy parents shoving their strollers, yelling at their kids, complaining about money, and feeling they own the park, it tends to get somewhat annoying.

Personally, I would never roll my eyes at you. I would smile at you (and your daughters) and hope that you were having a good time. I don't have children yet, but I probably will within the next year or two. I full intend on taking them, AND A STROLLER, to WDW. I will be courteous, for sure, but aside from that if people don't like it - TOO BAD. You shouldn't let it bother you so bad, who cares what other people think.

Disney World is for everyone, if people have such a problem with crowds and children then they shouldn't go. Along with that, if parents want to be grouchy, whiny, and feel they should get special privlegages because they have a stroller - then they shouldn't go either!

wdwhoneymooner

Re: Re: WAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHHH WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
[
And...most importantly....it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH CHILDREN BEING AT WDW! It has EVERYTHING to do with the people manning the strollers AND the stroller designs themselves!.]

He's right. No one has posted anything stating that strollers and children were not welcomed at WDW. We all know everyone is welcomed.

I think Phan03 simply interpreted earlier postings incorrectly. I understand how this can happen since I am also a parent who loves bringing his child in a stroller to the Parks. Misunderstandings happen all the time. After all, there were earlier postings referring to "foreigners who complain" when visiting WDW. I know that it didn't mean full inclusion of all out of country visitors.

Phan 03 and all fellow stroller pushers, unless you're guilty of rude behavior with your stroller don't feel it's a personal attack or a statement of exclusion when people vent about being hit in the ankles (or worse!).

Peace,
-Andy (Proud stroller pushin' dad)

celticdog

Re: Re: Re: WAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHHH WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

.... but for those of us that require the use of strollers, or have children, I suddenly feel not welcomed ,or wanted...

This is kind of funny. Now you know how us smokers feel. Smokers have been ostrasized and cast out by society. We are now, the new lepars. But, i'm o.k. with that.

DisneyFan 2000

I got annoyed when

When a large woman (not meaning to offend) pushes her way to see SpectroMagic.............

I ignore....

5 minutes later she just has to wave as high as she can infront of my face so characters can wave back.... With all the respect to her if someone is next to you, and the chances of a character noticing you when there are thousands of others waving are slim, and i ask nicely if she can stop and she agrees why does she keep waving?!?!?!? I flew overseas to see some woman waving when I was there in the first place??? That's not fair!!!

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

strobe

Re: Re: Re: Re: WAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHHH WAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Originally posted by celticdog
This is kind of funny. Now you know how us smokers feel. Smokers have been ostrasized and cast out by society. We are now, the new lepars. But, i'm o.k. with that.

Hey now :D that's a whole different topic with different circumstances!! We can't even talk about that in here...

Gucci65

:mad: First of all .. the bashing of the strollers.. be them double or single has really gotten me sick.. I have 3 daughters.. 7, 5 and 18 months. We have just recently come back from WDW and will be returning at the end of this month.. The impression that I get from most WDW and WDL fans.. is that they do not wish for small children to attend WDW or WDL. Indeed "some" parents are rude and do bump into you with their strollers.. but do not say "parents with strollers" in a general sence. I am a parent with a "DOUBLE" stroller, due to the fact.. my children can't "HANG WITH THE BIG DOGS" and tough it out walking in the park all day long. I myself have been bumped, hit, and rammed with strollers from other people, as I was pushing my stroller. If I hit anyone, I always apoligize, wether it was my fault or not. Would you rather us let our children run wild about the parks. Bumping into you and stepping upon your toes?

May I offer a suggestion.. to those of you who do not have children.. and have never pushed a "double" stroller before.. find two children, with a combined weight of 70 lbs. Strap them within the stroller, go to the MK or any other park on the busiest day, and push them around for at least 5-6 hours. And then come back to this thread and tell me how well you did. Either that or the next time I go to one of the parks, how about you come along and carry all 3 of my children for me.

I was under the impression that WDW and WDL were to meant for families, and "Children of all ages" But I guess that doesn't include "families with children, who will be needing a stroller."

And just remember....

So you're the one who cut my ankle open last year during Osborne Family lights in December! (only kidding)

We all want kids at WDW (mine goes every year), we just don't want to be hobbled. It all comes down to manners, if I stepped in front of you I would apoligize - if you cut my leg open I expect an apoligy not a nasty look w/ accompanying nasty remark.

Lighten up and hey "Welcome to the forums"
:wave:

aim

I am not bashing strollers or people with kids. My point is when people hit you with the stroller and don't say sorry. I am very careful about where I walk. And if some one hits me and it's my fault, I say sorry. Yes Disney is crowded, and I understand it is hard to have a stroller there. I just feel that an apology is appreciated sometimes.

Pippa

Well I get very annoyed when I see new born babies in their mothers arms at WDW, surely this is not a holiday for the mother and the baby sure isn't going to remember the experience, but hey this is just my two pence/cents.

GenerationX

What I've experienced several times that bothers me is the post-attraction huddle in the middle of the exit. I understand the concept of regrouping after an attraction to discuss the next activity, however that should be done out of the way of the other folks exiting the attraction.

This bothers me in the same way that people keeping score on the green in golf (when I'm waiting to hit my approach shot) bothers me. It's a blatant disregard for others.

aim

Originally posted by Pippa
Well I get very annoyed when I see new born babies in their mothers arms at WDW, surely this is not a holiday for the mother and the baby sure isn't going to remember the experience, but hey this is just my two pence/cents.

Good point! I was 6 weeks old on my first trip. And of course, I don't remember a single thing. haha. My parents had to been tough. Not only did they have a 6 week old baby, but they had 3 other lil girls, all younger than 7 years old! :dazzle: But I can see what you are talking about!

The whole standing at the exit of the attractions, I totally agree! Expecially at the end of "the tree of life".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom