Anoying Guest Habits

FutureCEO

it would be cool if you could trip[ the people walking off the after the fireowrks shows and parade of course they would have to do something to get you mad...I have no clue what Im saying so please disregard.

THING THAT ANNOYES THAT HE-DOUBLE-L HOCKEY STICKS OUT OF ME IS.........

KIDS RUNNING AROUND THE POOL WHEN IT CLEARLY STATES THAT NO RUNNING IS ALLOWED AND JUMPING IN THE POOL

Sorry, this happens eveyrwhere to not just at Disney. Like in June I was on vacation in North Conway, Nordic Village, the stupid parents were letting their kids jump in the pool while I was trying to get a tan, running around the pool area and worse of all "I don't like swimming in the pool, Can I swim in the Jacuzzi" Make you want to whake the parents and the kids.

TinkRBell427

Ok here's a stroller instance that was really out of control. I was walking down the street to RNR and ToT with my friend and we were basically alone, no one on the street, except for a couple who was on the sidewalk with their stroller . Well as we got closer to the couple, they stepped down off the sidewalk and headed straight for us and did not stop until they hit us. They clearly saw us coming and there was enough time to actually stop and think, "Oh look, there's people walking by, maybe we shouldn't cross the street until they pass and we can go behind them." I mean we were already moving and they had been stopped on the sidewalk looking at something. Now, if someone is behind me with a stroller and they accidently bump into me that's fine, they just need to say sorry and we will be on our way. The thing that really bothers me I guess is that rarely does anyone ever say, "Oh excuse me, this thing is really hard to handle sometimes." Sometimes they just sort of walk on by as if you don't exist. Can't the people without strollers get some respect too? lol :);)

Gucci65

Originally posted by TinkRBell427
Now, if someone is behind me with a stroller and they accidently bump into me that's fine, they just need to say sorry and we will be on our way. The thing that really bothers me I guess is that rarely does anyone ever say, "Oh excuse me, this thing is really hard to handle sometimes." Sometimes they just sort of walk on by as if you don't exist. Can't the people without strollers get some respect too? lol :);) [/B]

It's been awhile since I pushed a stroller, but I tried to watch the crowd in front of me. Mainly I was afraid of hitting someone's ankle which would cause them to trip and possibly fall backwards on my baby. But I agree w/ you people rarely say anything anymore. Last year while walking thru the Osborne Lights (very crowded) a stroller behind us managed to hit my daughter then hit me (which cut the back of my ankle, which resulted in having to pay $$$ for a box of bandaids at the front of the park AND ruined my fav pair of Nikes). Anyway the stroller woman was saying to her husband "If we keep hitting them they will get out of the way." Lucky for her I was hobbled..........

My suggestion is that the stroller brigade stay to one side of the road when it is busy rather than get in the middle of huge crowds thus endangering their children and non stroller people.

I am on both sides, but I never cut anyones ankle open like someone did to me last year. If I had, I wouldn't have been a total _______ about it.

Fido

Originally posted by Erika
Ahh, remember Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy?

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is 'God is crying.' And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is 'Probably because of something you did.'"

"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going
to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late."

:lol:
Gotta love Deep Thoughts

Fido

One thing that really annoys me (ok it happened only once) is when CMs board the monorail (off duty) and talk loudly about how they sneak liquor into their drink while pulling the late shift as a lifeguard at one of the resort pools.
They weren't 'working', but they were talking really loud about things I didn't want to know. I wanted to tell them to use their indoor voice, but I didn't want to make things worse for everyone else.
They were also making fun of some other CM that they work with behind their back, talking about how fat they were, etc. It really es me off just thinking about it. I didn't want my nephew to have to hear that tripe, especially knowing they worked at WDW.
As I said, it happened only once, but it bugged me.

DizKneePhan03

Annoying Guests Habits..

Ok .. get ready for a long list of things that really annoy the heck outta me.. I am a Floridian.. (yes I still live in Florida) so I have been going to Disney since before I could walk.. and every the year there are things that have "Gotten on my nerves" so to say..

1.) Parents that let their children run about the park, bumping into you.
2.) People who try to haggle with the CM in the stores about the price of an object..(Excuse me, but I don't recall a "Yard Sale" sign on the front door when I walked in, YES it's expensive, but it's DISNEY!!! If you are not going to pay the price of the item.. please shut up and get outta my way.. I have things to purchase.)
3.) Teenagers and children who run into you and shove at you to get onto a ride.
4.) Parents who force their child to ride on a ride that they (the children) do not want to go on.
5.) Parents who let their children SCREAM and CRY at the top of their lungs while in line for a ride. (Listen, Little Johnny or Susie may be tired.. take them back to the Hotel for a nap.)
6.) People who stare at people who have disabilities. Parents who let their children stare at and make faces at people who have disabilities.
7.) Ok .. i have 3 daughters.. and this whole stroller thing really ticks me off.. YES they are hard to control sometimes.. but "SOME" people who don't have strollers that walk RIGHT AT YOU and expect YOU TO MOVE!!!! Again they are hard to control.. and there is very limited space to walk around DW cause there are so many people there. And if you try to be polite and move for that person, you tick off another person but accidently bumping into them. THERE IS NO HAPPY MEDIUM!!!!! :) Glad I got that off of my chest.

Ok anything else and I will let you know.:D

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by Catch 22
People who complain about strollers.

You walk in front of me when I am pushing the stroller then your ankles are fair game. I'm giving the stroller back at the end of the day, your ankles go with you so you'd better watch where you are going.

I have to control myslef and the stroller, you just have to control yourself. If I can NOT hit 55000 other people then you can not walk infront of my stroller.

:rolleyes:

wdwhoneymooner

I've fallen to the Dark Side regarding the Stroller issue.

Before kids: I hated all those freakin' strollers taking up all that valuable real estate! Geez, why can't they just let the kids walk or carry them?

After kids: Don't you suddenly step in front of me thinking I'll stop 'cause I won't.

But because I've been on both sides I know the Golden Rules regarding strollers:

1) Do not use them as battering rams. You'll put the kid in danger and will tick people off.
2) Do not assume strollers have the right of way.
3) Do not walk in front of a stroller assuming you have right of way.
4) Do not assume all visitors with strollers have road rage.
5) Patience!

SoundstageCP'95

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
I've fallen to the Dark Side regarding the Stroller issue.

Before kids: I hated all those freakin' strollers taking up all that valuable real estate! Geez, why can't they just let the kids walk or carry them?

After kids: Don't you suddenly step in front of me thinking I'll stop 'cause I won't.

But because I've been on both sides I know the Golden Rules regarding strollers:

1) Do not use them as battering rams. You'll put the kid in danger and will tick people off.
2) Do not assume strollers have the right of way.
3) Do not walk in front of a stroller assuming you have right of way.
4) Do not assume all visitors with strollers have road rage.
5) Patience!

amen to that!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

monorail256

Not sure if this one has been posted yet... but...

I cannot stand parents who let their children play/sit on the ropes/chains that direct you to a ride, character, or even a boat.

Sometimes... I just wish they'd fall.... :lol:

I mean.. its a ROPE :rolleyes:

RogueHabit

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
:rolleyes:
Indeed, are you one of the people who believes that small children have no right to go to WDW?

My point was that if I am being very careful with my stroller and you then choose to walk in front of me because you're either too stupid, too arrogant or just aren't looking where you are going then I'm not gonna worry about hitting you with the thing.

We have been to WDW 6 years running and always have a stroller and we're always very careful, but their are some idiots out there who just don't look where they are going and walk right into the thing, sometimes into the side of it, and think it's your fault because they didn't look where they were going.

guwag

Re: Rudeness at DW

Originally posted by DizKneePhan03
It was the first time I had taken my daughter to DW.. She was about 9 months old.. and it was after the fireworks show..(and you know how it can get REALLY crowded as you are trying to walk out of the park after the show??):confused: Well, I was holding my daughter (9 months old mind you), and I accidently bumped into a woman as I was trying to walk out of the MK, I turned to say "sorry" :eek: and she actually turned around and hit me in the back of the head.:mad: I was so mad, I grabbed someones umbrella, who was walking by, turned and *wacked* her back.:king:

Good On You!!! Let`s hope it knocked some sense into her :lol: I`ve got close to people that have done stupid things and (making sure children can`t hear) sworn at them on occasion but only when the situation demanded it.

One other thing that REALLY ticks me off is when you don`t move up instantly (like anyone does) to fill the gap when the queue of a ride moves forwards and you get people behind pushing you forwards and telling you to hurry up (especially when it`s old couples with no kids) - as if it makes any freakin difference - it`s the number of people in front of you that determines how long you have to wait, NOT the bloody distance you have to walk. :mad: :mad:

Gucci65

Originally posted by Catch 22
Indeed, are you one of the people who believes that small children have no right to go to WDW?

My point was that if I am being very careful with my stroller and you then choose to walk in front of me because you're either too stupid, too arrogant or just aren't looking where you are going then I'm not gonna worry about hitting you with the thing.

We have been to WDW 6 years running and always have a stroller and we're always very careful, but their are some idiots out there who just don't look where they are going and walk right into the thing, sometimes into the side of it, and think it's your fault because they didn't look where they were going.

I agree with everything you said. I actually try to stay away from the strollers (esp the old metal disney ones) because they are hard to control, plus little people like to hang out and I would not like to be responsible for them getting hurt. I have been hit accidently and that's no problem. It was the malicous hit that occurred during Osbourne Lights that totally ticked me off. If I could have gotten up quicker that lady probably would have had (edited because it wasn't very lady-like---I apoligize). :zipit: Only kidding, that's wishful thinking since I couldn't swear at her in front of all the kids.....................

My daughter is still little, but definately not little enough to put in a stroller - still I am very protective.

Most stroller people are courteous, some are evil. :lol:

imagineer99

The thing that bugs me the most is when I see people in wheelchairs that don't have to be! For example, I saw a 12 year old sitting in a wheelchair. At first I thought he needed to be. Then, he gets up and starts running around like crazy.

The last thing the magic kingdom needs is the unecessary use of large wheeled objects that have the tendency to run over guest's feet.:mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom