Another things wrong post

Disstevefan1

Disney World. 8 people in my party. Spent $10,000 on 4 rooms at all star music and one-park-per-day tickets**.

Check-In:
°Even tho I requested rooms towards the front, or beside each other... We got 2 rooms in the farthest back of country, and one room on the opposite side in Broadway. An absolutely atrocious distance to have to walk.

Epcot:
°Imagination. Figment AA barely moves. The last panel in the "blast" room had been down at least since my trip in June.

°Ratataouille. Broke down while we were on it. About 20 minutes.

°Mission: Space (Orange) broke down while waiting in line. Waited an additional half hour.

°Pictures didn't work for any of us on Spaceship Earth.

--------
Day off:
Disney Springs:
Nothing bad here. Just too crowded and too expensive to do anything... On a Tuesday afternoon.

--------
Magic Kingdom:
°Little Mermaid kept stopping and going the entire line and the entire ride. Ariel AA in rough shape.

°Buzz Light-year stopped about 12 times. Everyone in our party got to 999,999 before we could even finish the first room. Pointless.

°PeopleMover was down all day and never opened.

°My friend lost her magicband on Space Mountain. Told to go to City Hall. Went there at the end of the night, obviously didn't have it. The best they could do was have it the next day at city Hall or send it to Disney springs. No refund. No replacement. Nada. Zip. And we couldn't go to either two locations during the remainder of the week.

--------
Hollywood Studios

°Rope dropped ROTR and still waited about 2 hours. Went on it at night and it was a walk-on. What a waste of time that morning was.

°Slinky Dog Dash was down in the afternoon when we tried to get on. Then it was down in the evening when we tried again and never reopened.

°Luckily, we went to ToT after slinky and ended with Rockin. Rockin Roller coaster was down for 20 minutes while we waited in line.

--------------

Day off:
Hoop Dee Doo: This and Cirque we're the big highlights of the trip.

-------------
Animal Kingdom:

°Second carnotaurus still stuck in forward motion. Refurbed carno in picture looks great

°They cancelled the last 4 Nemo shows today without notice.

°Finally cracked and bought all 8 people Genie+ so we could ride some damn rides without waiting forever and then expecting them to break down.

------------

°Parks and resorts were in general just dirty. Food all over the floor, hairbands all over rides, water bottles and cups shoved in all sorts of crevices.

°Charging full price and parking fees at resort when you only get housekeeping every other day and all they do is change the towels. They don't even make the beds or sweep the floor.

°The app was very confusing to me for some reason this time. For whatever that input is worth. It's especially hard to find a certain attraction for a DAS pass when all 4 parks are grouped together.

°We had a party of 8. DAS wouldn't allow more than 6 to use. And Genie+ would have cost too much for all 4 park days when I already spent over $14,000 on this trip, much more than I have spent on ANY trip. I've neve been able to not get every attraction in, in a day. Was very upset we couldn't do some attractions because of the ridiculous wait times due to lightning lane. It's a rich person's paradise.

°I am officially priced out. It is neither financially possible or worth it to come back here again.

There was also several other small things that added up to this being a very okay/kinda bad trip. Luckily, I had planned for this to be my last trip for seeeeveral years. Sadly, it was one of my worst trips. If anything, this trip solidified the fact that I need to move on from this expensive dump heap.
Very sorry you had such a bad time. Please put it all in an email including your costs to:
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Disney does read the emails and needs to know when they fail their guests.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
So .... even at $200 a night for 4 rooms thats $4800, and you're at $106/day tickets so thats ~$3400 ... so how'd you get to $10k?
$140 x 4 = $560
$560 x 7 = $3,920
+ Parking fees = $4,025

Yall... Just read my responses... lol. 10k is how much (actually a little less) was spent on the entire trip.

This is what I hate about the current Disney fan base... They go "AKHTUALLY..." when the only point I was trying to make was that the trip was not worth the amount of money spent on the vacation.

I basically grew up on these forums. I know every inch and detail of WDW history. Watched all of the Martin videos. I have an entire diner-themed room filled to historical Disney collectibles. The point of this post was to go along the train of people who say that a Disney vacation is not worth the price they are charging anymore.

For sake. Even I cannot defend the company anymore. And I had a very unhealthy obsession with vacationing at Disney. Like... Seriously... In the end, between all 8 of us, Disney probably got about 15 to 16k of money out of our pockets. I'm not going to attach receipts for christ sake lol.

This is about all I need to say. And this is why I didn't want to share my report. Adieu.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I literally provided that.
you said it cost you 10k if you provided w airbnb numbers i apologize but i never seen anything regarding what that would have cost to save you so much money.... ticket prices are a wash so the 10k number is irrelevant all that matters is your hotel cost vs what airbnb cost would be then we can just factor in the rest as a guestimate after what we know... im genuinely curiously how you would have saved a ton of money on something comparable to 4 rooms w 4 showers etc at an airbnb etc...

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
you said it cost you 10k if you provided w airbnb numbers i apologize but i never seen anything regarding what that would have cost to save you so much money.... ticket prices are a wash so the 10k number is irrelevant all that matters is your hotel cost vs what airbnb cost would be then we can just factor in the rest as a guestimate after what we know... im genuinely curiously how you would have saved a ton of money on something comparable to 4 rooms w 4 showers etc at an airbnb etc...
$140 x 4 = $560
$560 x 7 = $3,920
+ Parking fees = $4,025

Meanwhile, Airbnb on its first of SEVERAL pages...
View attachment 660396

Sandurz

I was curious about the prices you mentioned too but man, they're accurate. It's obscene what Disney charges at rack rate for the All-Stars. I've had to pay $200-$250 for a budget brand like Tru by Hilton in a low-competition area but I saw $274 (!) for a regular room at ASM for next spring. I've priced out the multi-room approach and it does get a bit silly.

I think for the money a DVC rental works out MUCH better once you get to 5+ people but that's still a third-party discount. A decent sized vacation home ends up comparable to most 2 bedroom villas once you factor in a rental car and parking costs but for some groups that experience works out better.

What's an "all-in" price for your whole party that would have left you satisfied with your experience on the whole?

James J

In the Parks
No
Things get lost all the time. Why is Disney responsible to replace or refund what wasnt their fault. Many items take days or longer to turn up at lost and found.

This is a selfish answer, but it's because they heavily insist on you relying on the convenience of using a magicband.. which used to be free to Disney resort guests, but now is an additional charge... And it was, in fact, their coaster that the band was lost on.

I'm sure this also bounces back to the fact that guests have abused the courtesy and generosity of Disney's old system, but I would think they could at least give you a blank colored magicband just to avoid the inconvenience of losing your park ticket/payment method... Instead of potentially having to go all the way back to City Hall or your room.

I still don't see why Disney should replace the Magicband? It being their coaster makes no difference - I don't imagine they replace everything lost by guests on their property.

It's also not a case of the park ticket being lost. Just set up the ticket on a smartphone using the Disney App and MagicMobile.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I still don't see why Disney should replace the Magicband? It being their coaster makes no difference - I don't imagine they replace everything lost by guests on their property. It's also not a case of the park ticket being lost. Just set up the ticket on a smartphone using the Disney App and MagicMobile.
We can agree to disagree. I think the least they could do is send it to the hotel room when it was found.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Sorry didnt see that post…
Okay so say around 2500 minus the gas and time. Yes thats nice savings not going to lie… not sure how many groups that would have been split among etc but either way i now see some numbers and can put that into account. My guess after all said and done maybe 2k net savings over the course of 8 days/7 nights. Is that worth the “hassle” thats all subjective i guess.

Weather_Lady

Not saying he isnt being truthful but i would love to know actual comparisons etc to what an airbnb would cost vs what the rooms cost and factor everything else in cost wise staying at a airbnb.
Obviously I can't answer for the OP, but just last week I updated my spreadsheet for a potential upcoming trip in August 2023 for about a week, in which I made some similar comparisons. For what it's worth, here's what $350-$550/night total will get you at a few different types of accommodation in the third week of August 2023, with a 2-bedroom townhouse with 2+ baths and a full kitchen coming in at about the same nightly cost as a standard room at a WDW moderate, and significantly less expensive than a DVC studio on rented points or a standard room at a deluxe. Listed prices include tax, and assume 4-person occupancy.

Price for a Disney-themed 2-bedroom townhouse (airbnb, https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/43389160) at Fantasy World Resort, 10-20 minutes' drive from all parks -- $360 per night ($235/night total rental fee with cleaning and free parking, $100/day for rental car and gas, $25/day for parking at the parks)

Price for Resid. Inn by Marriott Orlando (Flamingo Crossings) 1-bedroom suite -- $385/night ($260 rack rate + $100 rental car and gas + $25 parking at the parks)

Price for WDW Rack Rate Standard Room at a Moderate: PORS, POFQ, or CBR -- $330/night + proportional cost of ground transportation ($100 for rideshare, $130 for shuttle, $250 for private towncar)

Price for WDW Rack Rate Standard Room at the cheapest Deluxes (Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Yacht Club) -- average of $525/night + proportional cost of ground transportation ($100 for rideshare, $130 for shuttle, $250 for private towncar)

Price for WDW DVC studio on points rented from David's Vacation Rentals (Riviera, Grand Floridian, Poly) -- average of $435/night + proportional cost of ground transportation ($100 for rideshare, $130 for shuttle, $250 for private towncar)

Last edited:

mysto

Disney World. 8 people in my party. Spent $10,000 on 4 rooms at all star music and one-park-per-day tickets**.

Hey thanks for sharing your story, I always appreciate boots on the ground reports. I'm sorry that some posters have latched onto a few random words in your post and appear to be obsessed with them.

I don't think traveling with a group of 8 would be fun in my opinion, but most of your trouble seems to be due to breakdowns and a smaller group would not have helped with that anyway.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Hey thanks for sharing your story, I always appreciate boots on the ground reports. I'm sorry that some posters have latched onto a few random words in your post and appear to be obsessed with them.

I don't think traveling with a group of 8 would be fun in my opinion, but most of your trouble seems to be due to breakdowns and a smaller group would not have helped with that anyway.
I appreciate your response. It calmed me down a bit lol.

Honestly, the group was the best part about the trip. Most of the people in my group had never been before, so they had nothing to compare it to. Their positivity kept me going. But it definitely didn't help the underlying problems.

Kamikaze

Yall... Just read my responses... lol. 10k is how much (actually a little less) was spent on the entire trip.

This is what I hate about the current Disney fan base... They go "AKHTUALLY..." when the only point I was trying to make was that the trip was not worth the amount of money spent on the vacation.

I basically grew up on these forums. I know every inch and detail of WDW history. Watched all of the Martin videos. I have an entire diner-themed room filled to historical Disney collectibles. The point of this post was to go along the train of people who say that a Disney vacation is not worth the price they are charging anymore.

For **** sake. Even I cannot defend the company anymore. And I had a very unhealthy obsession with vacationing at Disney. Like... Seriously... In the end, between all 8 of us, Disney probably got about 15 to 16k of money out of our pockets. I'm not going to attach receipts for christ sake lol.

This is about all I need to say. And this is why I didn't want to share my report. Adieu.
So you're saying you got a week vacation at WDW for $1250 a person? Thats not that bad, in reality.

Then you throw in another number - $15-16k. So which one is it? Even at $16k, thats $2k per person, which is not terrible for an all in number for a week long vacation.

Your problem is paying for 8 people.

kong1802

On site is just ridiculous. I always figure about a 50% lodging savings if staying off site.

However, we haven't been since 2019 and everytime I work the numbers, I just can't make it "worth it" for us.

There's 5 of us, and $4-6k is a tough sell to visit a theme park for a week, even if it is Disney.

The ride maintenance is just inexcusable at that price point. It's been that way for far too long now.

JIMINYCR

This is a selfish answer, but it's because they heavily insist on you relying on the convenience of using a magicband.. which used to be free to Disney resort guests, but now is an additional charge... And it was, in fact, their coaster that the band was lost on.

I'm sure this also bounces back to the fact that guests have abused the courtesy and generosity of Disney's old system, but I would think they could at least give you a blank colored magicband just to avoid the inconvenience of losing your park ticket/payment method... Instead of potentially having to go all the way back to City Hall or your room.

Agreed. Another reason why this trip kinda sucked is the attitude of other park guests. Which, to be fair, they are all also probably stressed and paid too much money for their trips too. But class has definitely gone downhill in the parks.

-------
None of my complaints are of anything new... It's just consistent with other complaints on the forums. It's just proving that Disney hasn't done much to fix the issues they have created.
Nothing selfish about my answer. Theres no responsibility on Disney for you losing your things on property. Theres no connection to riding on Disneys rides and their requiring a MB use and your carelessness. Any item lost on any ride, hat, camera, phone or anything else is not their fault and therefore shouldnt be their responsibility to replace. Ive had hats blown off on coasters and its been my fault for not securing them beforehand. Never once thought Disney was responsible for my stupid actions.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
On site is just ridiculous. I always figure about a 50% lodging savings if staying off site.

However, we haven't been since 2019 and everytime I work the numbers, I just can't make it "worth it" for us.

There's 5 of us, and $4-6k is a tough sell to visit a theme park for a week, even if it is Disney.

The ride maintenance is just inexcusable at that price point. It's been that way for far too long now.
ill say this everyone talks about how expensive Disney is and im not saying its cheap but again what are you comparing this too... bc again im leaving in less than 2 weeks and the avg per day for me and my daughter is gonna be less than other places ive been to recently... Wildwood, GWL/Kalahari, OC, Md, Hershey park & just had someone come back rom Uni and said it was more money than her Disney trip.

plutofan15

. And it was, in fact, their coaster that the band was lost on.

So by this logic, it would be Disney's responsibility to replace it no matter where it was lost. It was their hotel, it was their bus, it was their pool, it was their restaurant, etc. C'mon man!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom