Another things wrong post

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Things get lost all the time. Why is Disney responsible to replace or refund what wasnt their fault.
This is a selfish answer, but it's because they heavily insist on you relying on the convenience of using a magicband.. which used to be free to Disney resort guests, but now is an additional charge... And it was, in fact, their coaster that the band was lost on.

I'm sure this also bounces back to the fact that guests have abused the courtesy and generosity of Disney's old system, but I would think they could at least give you a blank colored magicband just to avoid the inconvenience of losing your park ticket/payment method... Instead of potentially having to go all the way back to City Hall or your room.
Parks have gotten dirtier with higher crowds and less jantorial crew to keep up with it all. Yeah its ok to place some of the blame on that, but guests also share responsibility for being pigs who dont care.
Agreed. Another reason why this trip kinda sucked is the attitude of other park guests. Which, to be fair, they are all also probably stressed and paid too much money for their trips too. But class has definitely gone downhill in the parks.

-------
None of my complaints are of anything new... It's just consistent with other complaints on the forums. It's just proving that Disney hasn't done much to fix the issues they have created.

Last edited:

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Another reason why this trip kinda sucked is the attitude of other park guests
My family got back from a week long Alaska cruise this week and we were commenting on this very topic the other night. Onboard, every person we encounter was friendly, easy going, and so down to earth. Compared to our week at Disney in July where every guest we encountered was a vile P.O.S. It's unbelieve how much trash visits WDW, a supposed "family vacation destination." The lack of consistently angry and entitled guests onboard the ship made the experience all the better.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Ive made many requests for rooms, some as specific rooms, some certain buildings. They have never guaranteed that you will get what is requested. They take your request as a note on your booking but never say its a done deal. I agree it isnt right and when booking a set of rooms I dont know why they cant block those rooms out for your time, especially with the advanced notice ahead of time. Its easy to do especially with the programs they are running.
Things get lost all the time. Why is Disney responsible to replace or refund what wasnt their fault. Many items take days or longer to turn up at lost and found.
Parks have gotten dirtier with higher crowds and less jantorial crew to keep up with it all. Yeah its ok to place some of the blame on that, but guests also share responsibility for being pigs who dont care.
Break downs shouldnt be happening with the frequency they are. Maintenance and fix ups should be an ongoing thing and not wait til an incedent happens. Yeah it can add to frustration and disappointment in a trip. No argument here.
Cost and crowd numbers have risen so we are thinking about sitting it out for a while too. We will see what the future holds as far as what we want to spend, but surely dont look forward to adding the extra expenses of Genie and LL's.

Imo parks and resorts have been on the dirtier end well before covid and worker “shortages” its been quite noticeable for some time now. Bathrooms as well. And ill be honest my last trip on November may be have been the “cleanest” in years but still far from the Disney standard ill say that

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
See i cant understand how thats possible. Im paying $140 per night for my stay… how much are you saving if you now have to drive to the parks and pay for parking or use an uber?
We have 8 people in our party... We had 4 rooms. 7 nights. So it was pretty damn pricey.

You can get a 4 bedroom Airbnb (heck.. You can get an 8 bedroom Airbnb) for a fraction of the price if you know how to look for one... Also, Disney still charges $15 per night for parking at the value resorts anyway.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
$140 x 4 = $560
$560 x 7 = $3,920
+ Parking fees = $4,025

Meanwhile, Airbnb on its first of SEVERAL pages...
1.PNG

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
We have 8 people in our party... We had 4 rooms. 7 nights. So it was pretty damn pricey.

You can get a 4 bedroom Airbnb (heck.. You can get an 8 bedroom Airbnb) for a fraction of the price if you know how to look for one... Also, Disney still charges $15 per night for parking at the value resorts anyway.
Gas. Time value to go back and forth. Im not a fan of buses but they still are a perk ;). Parking fees still cheaper than parking plus you lose out on that magical 30 minutes in the am ;). Listen i get it but i just dk how much you can save but i see your point. Ive looked into airbnb for $h*t$ and giggles before and honestly was still costing basically the same when you factor everything in.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Disney World. 8 people in my party. Spent $10,000 on 3 rooms at all star music and one-day tickets.

Check-In:
°Even tho I requested rooms towards the front, or beside each other... We got 2 rooms in the farthest back of country, and one room on the opposite side in Broadway. An absolutely atrocious distance to have to walk.

Epcot:
°Imagination. Figment AA barely moves. The last panel in the "blast" room had been down at least since my trip in June.

°Ratataouille. Broke down while we were on it. About 20 minutes.

°Mission: Space (Orange) broke down while waiting in line. Waited an additional half hour.

°Pictures didn't work for any of us on Spaceship Earth.

--------
Day off:
Disney Springs:
Nothing bad here. Just too crowded and too expensive to do anything... On a Tuesday afternoon.

--------
Magic Kingdom:
°Little Mermaid kept stopping and going the entire line and the entire ride. Ariel AA in rough shape.

°Buzz Light-year stopped about 12 times. Everyone in our party got to 999,999 before we could even finish the first room. Pointless.

°PeopleMover was down all day and never opened.

°My friend lost her magicband on Space Mountain. Told to go to City Hall. Went there at the end of the night, obviously didn't have it. The best they could do was have it the next day at city Hall or send it to Disney springs. No refund. No replacement. Nada. Zip. And we couldn't go to either two locations during the remainder of the week.

--------
Hollywood Studios

°Rope dropped ROTR and still waited about 2 hours. Went on it at night and it was a walk-on. What a waste of time that morning was.

°Slinky Dog Dash was down in the afternoon when we tried to get on. Then it was down in the evening when we tried again and never reopened.

°Luckily, we went to ToT after slinky and ended with Rockin. Rockin Roller coaster was down for 20 minutes while we waited in line.

--------------

Day off:
Hoop Dee Doo: This and Cirque we're the big highlights of the trip.

-------------
Animal Kingdom:

°Second carnotaurus still stuck in forward motion. Refurbed carno in picture looks great

°They cancelled the last 4 Nemo shows today without notice.

°Finally cracked and bought all 8 people Genie+ so we could ride some damn rides without waiting forever and then expecting them to break down.

------------

°Parks and resorts were in general just dirty. Food all over the floor, hairbands all over rides, water bottles and cups shoved in all sorts of crevices.

°Charging full price and parking fees at resort when you only get housekeeping every other day and all they do is change the towels. They don't even make the beds or sweep the floor.

°The app was very confusing to me for some reason this time. For whatever that input is worth. It's especially hard to find a certain attraction for a DAS pass when all 4 parks are grouped together.

°We had a party of 8. DAS wouldn't allow more than 6 to use. And Genie+ would have cost too much for all 4 park days when I already spent over $14,000 on this trip, much more than I have spent on ANY trip. I've neve been able to not get every attraction in, in a day. Was very upset we couldn't do some attractions because of the ridiculous wait times due to lightning lane. It's a rich person's paradise.

°I am officially priced out. It is neither financially possible or worth it to come back here again.

There was also several other small things that added up to this being a very okay/kinda bad trip. Luckily, I had planned for this to be my last trip for seeeeveral years. Sadly, it was one of my worst trips. If anything, this trip solidified the fact that I need to move on from this expensive dump heap.

Did you have 3 rooms or 4 rooms? In your first post to start the thread you say 3, now when questioned about the price you paid you say 4 rooms? Something doesn't quite add up.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Did you have 3 rooms or 4 rooms? In your first post to start the thread you say 3, now when questioned about the price you paid you say 4 rooms? Something doesn't quite add up
Not saying he isnt being truthful but i would love to know actual comparisons etc to what an airbnb would cost vs what the rooms cost and factor everything else in cost wise staying at a airbnb.

Club Cooloholic

I'm confused, you stayed there for a week, but bought one day tickets? Do you mean one park tickets, like non park hopper? I have to say, 8 adults for 7 days at a WDW property, tickets and food, yeah probably will be about 10k. But try that in NYC, San Fran, heck even Yellowestone at in park lodgings and it can be more than that easy.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Not saying he isnt being truthful but i would love to know actual comparisons etc to what an airbnb would cost vs what the rooms cost and factor everything else in cost wise staying at a airbnb.
What other costs are incurred while staying at an Airbnb? Gas and parking? You can eat at the house so a lot of your food costs woulr be much cheaper also. We have stayed off property our last 3 stays.

jpinkc

Your trip sounds alot like ours over the 21 Holidays. Genie+ was a joke saved no time at all on any rides we actually wanted to ride. If anything we had to stay in the park longer to get to some of the rides we wanted. I keep hoping to hear its improving but, I am beginning to loose all hope. I know we wont be going back anytime soon as my wife was irate with Genie+ and Park staff etc. I was shocked to at how Dirty the parks were also. Its a shame, but they dont care anymore, so I guess why should we.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
What other costs are incurred while staying at an Airbnb? Gas and parking? You can eat at the house so a lot of your food costs woulr be much cheaper also. We have stayed off property our last 3 stays.
Again. Im simply asking for a # in comparison… Also you are on vacation do you really want to cook? And again. How much are you saving if you cooked unless you planning on going back and forth for lunch and dinner as well? Also the time value of money bc now its going to in theory take you longer to get into parks and you lose out on extra morning hours. Not thats it is a huge perk. Potential traffic. Im paying $140 a night. Again what are you saving in comparison to your overall trip cost is all im asking.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Did you have 3 rooms or 4 rooms? In your first post to start the thread you say 3, now when questioned about the price you paid you say 4 rooms? Something doesn't quite add up.
It was four rooms. 3 in country 1 in Broadway. Must have been flustered while I was typing.
1.jpg

Top 3 on the left side had a room. Bottom right had a room. Two boys on the bottom left had a room. Me and my wife had a room.
Then do it. lol
I'm confused, you stayed there for a week, but bought one day tickets? Do you mean one park tickets, like non park hopper?
Correct. Non Park-Hopper Tickets. Plus Genie+ on the last day, Animal Kingdom.
I have to say, 8 adults for 7 days at a WDW property, tickets and food, yeah probably will be about 10k. But try that in NYC, San Fran, heck even Yellowestone at in park lodgings and it can be more than that easy.
Agreed it would cost about the same going to other places.... But would the price be worth it in comparison to what you get at Disney World? In my opinion? Yes.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Also the time value of money bc now its going to in theory take you longer to get into parks and you lose out on extra morning hours.
You don't have extra morning hours. You have an extra HALF hour which honestly doesn't do anything for you. As I mentioned in the OG post.
Again what are you saving in comparison to your overall trip cost is all im asking.
Do it all yourself. Nobody is going to type all of that up for you unless they have a bunch of time to kill.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
You don't have extra morning hours. You have an extra HALF hour which honestly doesn't do anything for you. As I mentioned in the OG post.

Do it all yourself. Nobody is going to type all of that up for you unless they have a bunch of time to kill.
in my response i kinda joked about the 30 minutes being a non event for most.... type it all? you can look up prices in minutes online for airbnb you made a claim so i was curious what price you saw for a bnb that would suit your party vs what the hotel ran you... simple as that... personally you do you.. i just dk how you would save a ton of money staying value vs airbnb.... thats all you made a statement figured you would have something to back that.,.. as i said i priced it for my November trip as a joke and it wasnt much savings at all especially for the inconvenience

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom