Another things wrong post

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Disney World. 8 people in my party. Spent $10,000 on 4 rooms at all star music and one-park-per-day tickets**.

Check-In:
°Even tho I requested rooms towards the front, or beside each other... We got 2 rooms in the farthest back of country, and one room on the opposite side in Broadway. An absolutely atrocious distance to have to walk.

Epcot:
°Imagination. Figment AA barely moves. The last panel in the "blast" room had been down at least since my trip in June.

°Ratataouille. Broke down while we were on it. About 20 minutes.

°Mission: Space (Orange) broke down while waiting in line. Waited an additional half hour.

°Pictures didn't work for any of us on Spaceship Earth.

--------
Day off:
Disney Springs:
Nothing bad here. Just too crowded and too expensive to do anything... On a Tuesday afternoon.

--------
Magic Kingdom:
°Little Mermaid kept stopping and going the entire line and the entire ride. Ariel AA in rough shape.

°Buzz Light-year stopped about 12 times. Everyone in our party got to 999,999 before we could even finish the first room. Pointless.

°PeopleMover was down all day and never opened.

°My friend lost her magicband on Space Mountain. Told to go to City Hall. Went there at the end of the night, obviously didn't have it. The best they could do was have it the next day at city Hall or send it to Disney springs. No refund. No replacement. Nada. Zip. And we couldn't go to either two locations during the remainder of the week.

--------
Hollywood Studios

°Rope dropped ROTR and still waited about 2 hours. Went on it at night and it was a walk-on. What a waste of time that morning was.

°Slinky Dog Dash was down in the afternoon when we tried to get on. Then it was down in the evening when we tried again and never reopened.

°Luckily, we went to ToT after slinky and ended with Rockin. Rockin Roller coaster was down for 20 minutes while we waited in line.

--------------

Day off:
Hoop Dee Doo: This and Cirque we're the big highlights of the trip.

-------------
Animal Kingdom:

°Second carnotaurus still stuck in forward motion. Refurbed carno in picture looks great

°They cancelled the last 4 Nemo shows today without notice.

°Finally cracked and bought all 8 people Genie+ so we could ride some damn rides without waiting forever and then expecting them to break down.

------------

°Parks and resorts were in general just dirty. Food all over the floor, hairbands all over rides, water bottles and cups shoved in all sorts of crevices.

°Charging full price and parking fees at resort when you only get housekeeping every other day and all they do is change the towels. They don't even make the beds or sweep the floor.

°The app was very confusing to me for some reason this time. For whatever that input is worth. It's especially hard to find a certain attraction for a DAS pass when all 4 parks are grouped together.

°We had a party of 8. DAS wouldn't allow more than 6 to use. And Genie+ would have cost too much for all 4 park days when I already spent over $14,000 on this trip, much more than I have spent on ANY trip. I've neve been able to not get every attraction in, in a day. Was very upset we couldn't do some attractions because of the ridiculous wait times due to lightning lane. It's a rich person's paradise.

°I am officially priced out. It is neither financially possible or worth it to come back here again.

There was also several other small things that added up to this being a very okay/kinda bad trip. Luckily, I had planned for this to be my last trip for seeeeveral years. Sadly, it was one of my worst trips. If anything, this trip solidified the fact that I need to move on from this expensive dump heap.

Last edited:

Clamman73

Disney World. 8 people in my party. Spent $10,000 on 3 rooms at all star music and one-day tickets.

Check-In:
°Even tho I requested rooms towards the front, or beside each other... We got 2 rooms in the farthest back of country, and one room on the opposite side in Broadway. An absolutely atrocious distance to have to walk.

Epcot:
°Imagination. Figment AA barely moves. The last panel in the "blast" room had been down at least since my trip in June.

°Mission: Space (Orange) broke down while waiting in line. Waited an additional half hour.

--------
Day off:
Disney Springs:
Nothing bad here. Just too crowded and too expensive to do anything... On a Tuesday afternoon.

--------
Magic Kingdom:
°Little Mermaid kept stopping and going the entire line and the entire ride. Ariel AA in rough shape.

°Buzz Light-year stopped about 12 times. Everyone in our party got to 999,999 before we could even finish the first room. Pointless.

°My friend lost her magicband on Space Mountain. Told to go to City Hall. Went there at the end of the night, obviously didn't have it. The best they could do was have it the next day at city Hall or send it to Disney springs. No refund. No replacement. Nada. Zip. And we couldn't go to either two locations during the remainder of the week.

--------
Hollywood Studios

°Rope dropped ROTR and still waited about 2 hours. Went on it at night and it was a walk-on. What a waste of time that morning was.

°Slinky Dog Dash was down in the afternoon when we tried to get on. Then it was down in the evening when we tried again and never reopened.

°Luckily, we went to ToT after slinky and ended with Rockin. Rockin Roller coaster was down for 20 minutes while we waited in line.

--------------

Day off:

-------------
Animal Kingdom:

°Second carnotaurus still stuck in forward motion. Refurbed carno in picture looks great

°Finally cracked and bought all 8 people Genie+ so we could ride some damn rides without waiting forever and then expecting them to break down.

------------

°Parks and resorts were in general just dirty. Food all over the floor, hairbands all over rides, water bottles and cups shoved in all sorts of crevices.

°Charging full price and parking fees at resort when you only get housekeeping every other day and all they do is change the towels. They don't even make the beds or sweep the floor.

°The app was very confusing to me for some reason this time. For whatever that input is worth. It's especially hard to find a certain attraction for a DAS pass when all 4 parks are grouped together.

°We had a party of 8. DAS wouldn't allow more than 6 to use. And Genie+ would have cost too much for all 4 park days when I already spent over $14,000 on this trip, much more than I have spent on ANY trip. I've neve been able to not get every attraction in, in a day. Was very upset we couldn't do some attractions because of the ridiculous wait times due to lightning lane. It's a rich person's paradise.

°I am officially priced out. It is neither financially possible or worth it to come back here again.

There was also several other small things that added up to this being a very okay/kinda bad trip. Luckily, I had planned for this to be my last trip for seeeeveral years. Sadly, it was one of my worst trips. If anything, this trip solidified the fact that I need to move on from this expensive dump heap.
Did you ask for the rooms at front desk and they gave you those or online request?

WorldExplorer

That Figment wall has been down so long I was seriously starting to consider that I was just insane and it was ALWAYS down and I only notice the Figments in the dark because I've been on multiple times.

JoeCamel

Disney World. 8 people in my party. Spent $10,000 on 3 rooms at all star music and one-day tickets.

Check-In:

Epcot:

--------
Day off:
Disney Springs:

--------
Magic Kingdom:

--------
Hollywood Studios

--------------

Day off:

-------------
Animal Kingdom:

------------

Blink, Blink - magical

JusticeDisney

Making me soooo excited to be there in 2 weeks… more & more stories i keep hearing about this has me thinking of pulling more audibles to Uni/SW & other Fla attractions.
Don’t let it get to you. While there are certainly problems going on at WDW these days, basically every single type of thing listed in the original post is also happening at Universal as well. And for every experience like this, I can point to about a thousand others who have had a wonderful time at WDW. Like I said, things have definitely gone bad in certain respects, but it still comes down mostly to what you make of it. I hope you have a great trip!

JusticeDisney

Check-In:

Epcot:

--------
Day off:
Disney Springs:

--------
Magic Kingdom:

--------
Hollywood Studios

--------------

Day off:

-------------
Animal Kingdom:

------------

That sucks to hear. Sorry you had such a bad time. If you do ever decide to return, I hope you and your family have a much better experience!

Lilofan

Making me soooo excited to be there in 2 weeks… more & more stories i keep hearing about this has me thinking of pulling more audibles to Uni/SW & other Fla attractions.
Bring your ponchos for the daily rains and track the weather. Late Aug early Sept is peak hurricane season.

Br0ckford

Check-In:

Epcot:

--------
Day off:
Disney Springs:

--------
Magic Kingdom:

--------
Hollywood Studios

--------------

Day off:

-------------
Animal Kingdom:

------------

Sorry to hear that. It sucks to get jazzed up for an experience only to have it disappoint.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Don’t let it get to you. While there are certainly problems going on at WDW these days, basically every single type of thing listed in the original post is also happening at Universal as well. And for every experience like this, I can point to about a thousand others who have had a wonderful time at WDW. Like I said, things have definitely gone bad in certain respects, but it still comes down mostly to what you make of it. I hope you have a great trip!
Thank you & i agree & will make the best of it but too many people im close to not just strangers on the internet have had similar feelings. As far as prices go im still in camp that Disney when staying value is not expensive in comparison to other places i go to during the year…

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Bring your ponchos for the daily rains and track the weather. Late Aug early Sept is peak hurricane season.
Yep 1st trip back during this time of year in 12-13 years. Been going around Thanksgiving given mostly with an October & February trip mixed in. Not looking forward to heat or rain but fully prepared and expect it lol. And rain from what im seeing has been rampant down there lately

JIMINYCR

Ive made many requests for rooms, some as specific rooms, some certain buildings. They have never guaranteed that you will get what is requested. They take your request as a note on your booking but never say its a done deal. I agree it isnt right and when booking a set of rooms I dont know why they cant block those rooms out for your time, especially with the advanced notice ahead of time. Its easy to do especially with the programs they are running.
Things get lost all the time. Why is Disney responsible to replace or refund what wasnt their fault. Many items take days or longer to turn up at lost and found.
Parks have gotten dirtier with higher crowds and less jantorial crew to keep up with it all. Yeah its ok to place some of the blame on that, but guests also share responsibility for being pigs who dont care.
Break downs shouldnt be happening with the frequency they are. Maintenance and fix ups should be an ongoing thing and not wait til an incedent happens. Yeah it can add to frustration and disappointment in a trip. No argument here.
Cost and crowd numbers have risen so we are thinking about sitting it out for a while too. We will see what the future holds as far as what we want to spend, but surely dont look forward to adding the extra expenses of Genie and LL's.

Lilofan

Yep 1st trip back during this time of year in 12-13 years. Been going around Thanksgiving given mostly with an October & February trip mixed in. Not looking forward to heat or rain but fully prepared and expect it lol. And rain from what im seeing has been rampant down there lately
Central FL had been in severe drought but with regular afternoon rains has cooled things down a little. The drains in the main streets at the theme parks have poor drainage so expect Hollywood Blvd at HS and Main Street USA to be at times flowing rivers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom