Another STUPID Stich plug

Thelazer

What’s next? Caulk outlines at Epcot from where stitch went on a killing spree?

How about a we rig a guests room at the poly hotel so "Stitch" breaks into it at night, ties up the family and holds them hostage?

BG Rugger

I like it, I think its amusing. For everyone unhappy about it out there, think of it this way: we could have "Home on the Range" being plugged everywhere :lookaroun

animay

I think it's really cute. I like the whole 'you just missed him' feel to the setup. Like when they tp'ed the castle. It's a lot better than just slapping Stitch stickers on the monorail.

yodathefrog

blackride said:
Heaven forbid if Disney actually tries to promote its new ride with some creative stuff. Everyone on these boards wants Disney to be creative and when they are they just complain that they now see too much Stich. Make up your minds!

I think the idea works nicely.

Couldn't agree more!!!

arcsbite

hakunamatata said:
Be carefull, there are some around these parts that will neg rep you for speeking out against stitch...I know, I speak from experience...... :lookaroun (slowly backs out of room)

Heh, bitter table of one..or two.

tirian

I think that SGE is mediocre at best...

...but this advertising campaign is really quite clever. I think it's great. Too bad the attraction currently doesn't stand up to the crashed van ad! Maybe after its rehab, SGE will be something worth seeing more than once. Maybe.

Also, consider this. While Stitch is definitely not the greatest Disney character ever made, he's one of the strongest personalities to come out of the recent animated featu--I mean, animated tragedies. No other recent Disney film (Pixar doesn't count) contains such a strong personality that will survive into the future. Lilo and Stitch has its share of modern movie script problems, but nothing so bad as the time-period specific jokes in Hercules (which already feels outdated); the stupid, final social message in Brother Bear (although it was a decent film otherwise); and the watered-down, cookie-cutter plots in nearly everything else, especially the direct-to-video crap. At least Stitch can stand as a character.

Buzzforprez

Wonder if one of the castmembers has tried to blame an accident of their own on Stitch yet. Clearly he has been causing other problems on the property. "Wasn't me, but I saw who it was. A little guy, bout yea high, blue, singing Elvis tunes as he stole my bus and rammed it into the other car." :lol:

Shaman

hakunamatata said:
Be carefull, there are some around these parts that will neg rep you for speeking out against stitch...I know, I speak from experience...... :lookaroun (slowly backs out of room)

Feel the wrath of the Stitch lovers God...:fork:

:lookaroun :p

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
This is just sickening, sad, and truly pathetic. I swear to god you can't look anywhere in WDW without seeing that ignorant creature. What the heck? They decided to just put some random crashed van there and say "Oh look what that loveable Stitch did! Always getting into mischief! hehaw" God how sad. I still can't believe they defiled the castle by putting toilet paper all over it. All of this is making me sick! Welcome to Stitch Kingdom indeed....

askmike1

I think this is great. I especially like the line "He's 4 armed and dangerous!"

Stitch must be a god to the Marketing people. He's done everything from invading the NYC facade, the monorails, TPing the castle, crashing vans, got his paw prints all over the animation tour building, outside of DMGM, invading parades, and everything else. I'm waiting for when they make him climb the castle a la King Kong.

-Michael

beauty_Belle27

blackride said:
Heaven forbid if Disney actually tries to promote its new ride with some creative stuff. Everyone on these boards wants Disney to be creative and when they are they just complain that they now see too much Stich. Make up your minds!

I think the idea works nicely.

very well put.

dandaman

Buzzforprez said:
Wonder if one of the castmembers has tried to blame an accident of their own on Stitch yet. Clearly he has been causing other problems on the property. "Wasn't me, but I saw who it was. A little guy, bout yea high, blue, singing Elvis tunes as he stole my bus and rammed it into the other car." :lol:

"Hmmmm... we may have to narrow it down more, sir." :)

Dr. Seeker

Enough with Stitch. The attraction had potential to be done the right way, but it wasn't. Nothing personal against Stitch, his attraction just sucked. The "theatre of the mind" effect is totally lost...too much light. You can SEE that there's nothing there.

The advertisement is quite clever, though. Why couldn't they have put that effort into the show instead?

P.S. I wonder how much longer before they get rid of the Hidden Mickeys for Hidden Stitches...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Dr. Seeker said:
Enough with Stitch. The attraction had potential to be done the right way, but it wasn't. Nothing personal against Stitch, his attraction just sucked. The "theatre of the mind" effect is totally lost...too much light. You can SEE that there's nothing there.

The advertisement is quite clever, though. Why couldn't they have put that effort into the show instead?

P.S. I wonder how much longer before they get rid of the Hidden Mickeys for Hidden Stitches...

Again, I feel it is necessary to warn my fellow posters that are concerned with overuse of the stitch character that if you post negative comments about stitch, you are subject to negative rep being levied against you. I received three negative rep points as a result of my prior warning in this thread. But I feel it is my duty to society to warn the rest of you to maybe help one of you avoid needless red. :wave:

joshwill

hakunamatata said:
Again, I feel it is necessary to warn my fellow posters that are concerned with overuse of the stitch character that if you post negative comments about stitch, you are subject to negative rep being levied against you. I received three negative rep points as a result of my prior warning in this thread. But I feel it is my duty to society to warn the rest of you to maybe help one of you avoid needless red. :wave:

i maybe new to posting here and i dont know what this "negative rep" thing is, but whatever it is, it sounds as tho people can be penalized for voicing an opinion.

am i wrong?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
joshwill said:
i maybe new to posting here and i dont know what this "negative rep" thing is, but whatever it is, it sounds as tho people can be penalized for voicing an opinion.

am i wrong?

The little white scale at the top right of each post opens a window that allows you to agree, disagree, and/or leave a reply about someones post. If you get too much neg rep, the little green square in your post becomes red. If you get more green than red, then your green square multiplies into green squares. Most of the time, neg repping results when someone either:

A: Doesnt have a sense of humor and cant take a joke or,
B: Posts a bunch of un substantiated nonsense and people get tired of it, or
C: Just irritates the crap out of people.

If you are posting a legitimate question, comment, or viewpoint, you should not get neg repped, but then again, there are people out there that tend to feel so strongly about their own viewpoint that they cant see the forrest for the trees.

Hope this helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom