another performer gone

mousebymarriage

absolutely horrible. I am amazed at all the accidents, injuries and other bad things that have been happening at Disney lately.

My prayers go out to all the family, friends and co-workers of this man.

CAPTAIN HOOK

absolutely horrible. I am amazed at all the accidents, injuries and other bad things that have been happening at Disney lately.

Something to consider - WDW is the size of a large city area - while the deaths / accidents are tragic, they occur less often than in a city area of the same size. They are only reported because tabloids sell more when it involves WDW :(

Gringrinngghost

Disney Performer Dies From Head Injury
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- A performer at Disney's Hollywood Studios who suffered a head injury during a show rehearsal Monday night has died.

Anislav Varbanov, 30, suffered head injuries during a tumbling roll in rehearsal for the "Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular," according to a Disney official and a statement from the Orange County Sheriff's Office obtained by WESH 2 News.

Security personnel called 911 shortly after 7:30 p.m., and paramedics rushed Varbanov to Florida Hospital-Celebration Health, where he was pronounced dead shortly before 9 p.m., according to the sheriff's office.

"We have lost a valued cast member, and our thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and co-workers as we mourn his passing," Disney officials said in a statement.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office, Reedy Creek Fire Department and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration were called to the studio.

No further information was immediately released.

The death was the third in recent weeks to Disney cast members. In July, a monorail pilot died, and earlier this month, a performer was injured during a pirate show and later died.

carolina_yankee

Something to consider - WDW is the size of a large city area - while the deaths / accidents are tragic, they occur less often than in a city area of the same size. They are only reported because tabloids sell more when it involves WDW :(
While I think Disney gets extra scrutiny because it's Disney, I think accidental on-the-job deaths or guest death/accidents involving attractions at one of the world's top vacation destination is more than tabloid news.

The stage deaths can certainly be a series of freaky accidents, but I'm not sure even major cities have 3 employee on-the-job deaths across multiple departments and locations in a two month period. To me, that suggests the environment has to be looked at (safety procedures, training, etc.)

Of course, prayers for the CM's soul and his family, and no one should point fingers without facts, but the series does raise questions.

Dirk

disfan411

Thoughts and prayers go out to the castmembers family and friends

I hope we get nothing but good news from disney in the next couple of weeks to turn this around

DisneyGurl2000

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom