Another New York Press Event Planned for Oct. 18

littledebbie

Original Poster
From The Associated Press' pop culture blog, The Slug:

"Remember that giant invitation we received from Mickey Mouse a few months ago that led to widespread hysteria and mass speculation? (OK. Maybe just the last one.) Well, we got another invite today for another announcement in the Big Apple. This one is strictly small and, well, not as mysterious. At the event, Mickey and company will reveal more of what's going down during their "Year of a Gabillion Dreams" promotion — although most of the prizes, er, "dreams" have already been disclosed. They'll also preview their new "Finding Nemo" musical. Oh, and refreshments will be served!!!"

Disney Dreams a Little Dream (There's a photo of a backstage pass.)

brkgnews

Yup -- no need to foot their hotel bill to send them to Florida. Plus since they already launched it there, anywho. Besides, maybe that's an attempt at "neutral turf" so it won't appear to favor "Land" or "World."

majortom1981

hmm

Yea but If they hold in in one of their parks wouldnt that be a lot cheaper since they do not have to get hotel rooms because they have their own?

Teenchy

Yea but If they hold in in one of their parks wouldnt that be a lot cheaper since they do not have to get hotel rooms because they have their own?

That would take alot of rooms out of circulation from people (guest) who are willing to pay for them vs. the small number of rooms they probably have to get for their own staff in NY. Not to mention how many national press people would they get to foot their own bill to travel to WDW.
Instead they can provide a little food in a hotel convention room and have a ton of reporters within a subway ride away.
As someone mentioned earlier just say your having free food at any event and people will show up.

MaryMcMagic

I remember reading somewhere that there were to be some announcements made on the 1st along with the starting of the new celebration. Is this press conference in addition to that, or are they saving the big stuff--relatively speaking-- for NYC?

IcicleM

Not officially, but it will be, soon, I'm definetely sure about that. Their next Disney Musical is "The Man in the Ceiling" so this press conference may be talking about what IS coming as far as Disney on Broadway, and it'll also (of course) tie in with the Year of a Million Dreams Celebration. So, we'll definetely see. Until then, you all can look forward to Mary Poppins, starting in November, Tarzan, which is currently on Broadway, The Man in the Ceiling, starting next summer(ish) and The Little Mermaid III in 2007

Tim G

I doubt they'll announce anything earth shattering. I mean, staying in Cinderella's Castle? How do you top that?
Journey To The Center Of The Earth... (ride)
Cars take the journey to the Afterlife...(ride)
In Disneyland Ca.: Be Walt for day... (Backstage tour)

So, indeed...nothing shattering... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom