Another New York Press Event Planned for Oct. 18

surfsupdon

Speaking to a Disney Reservationalist on the phone at the beginning of the month, she said that "real big things" were going to be announced in mid October that will only increase Guest satisfaction. She was saying the phone lines will be "mobbed."

B/c we balked at booking the room only rate that day b/c the price was not what we were accustomed to paying, she hinted that we would probably call back after the announcement was made, she almost guaranteed it.

I'll believe it only when something happens, if it does. So, "on va voir." (We shall see.)

MaryMcMagic

Journey To The Center Of The Earth... (ride)
Cars take the journey to the Afterlife...(ride)
In Disneyland Ca.: Be Walt for day... (Backstage tour)

Where is this info coming from??!! I can't find any hard copy of the event anywhere. Any links? Was there an official press release? Slug doesn't give anything but a pic.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
Here is an announcement for you:

Expect 2 new attractions for MGM before 2010....one of them will be a copy of DCA's upcoming Midway Mania attraction.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
Corrus are you serious? Lewis besides midway what have you heard?

All I have heard is that Cast Members were told in a cast newsletter that MGM Studios is getting two new attractions. Supposedly one is opening in 2008 and the other in 2009 and that they are supposed to be d or e-ticket level.

Some of the rumors being tossed around the internet include:

Nightmare Before Christmas Dark Ride (to use as a centerpiece to host a halloween event to compete with horror nights)
Narnia Attraction (I'd rather see this at DAK personally)
Indiana Jones Adventure
Star Tours 2

of course there is a chance the other attraction will probably just be another pixar tie-in...

DisneyRoxMySox

Not officially, but it will be, soon, I'm definetely sure about that. Their next Disney Musical is "The Man in the Ceiling" so this press conference may be talking about what IS coming as far as Disney on Broadway, and it'll also (of course) tie in with the Year of a Million Dreams Celebration. So, we'll definetely see. Until then, you all can look forward to Mary Poppins, starting in November, Tarzan, which is currently on Broadway, The Man in the Ceiling, starting next summer(ish) and The Little Mermaid III in 2007

Mary Poppins has begun previews...and last time I checked, it was sold out until July. :D

Last I heard, Tarzan wasn't doing to well.

OP, I hope it is something good! :D

Mary Poppins has begun previews...and last time I checked, it was sold out until July. :D

Last I heard, Tarzan wasn't doing to well.

OP, I hope it is something good! :D
This is a historically bad time of the year for Broadway, so most shows aren't doing their best. However, Tarzan is doing well, and will run for some time. And The Little Mermaid has been officially announced. It will have a tryout in Denver next year, and Broadway.com is reporting that Ursula has been cast.

tcsnwhite

All I have heard is that Cast Members were told in a cast newsletter that MGM Studios is getting two new attractions. Supposedly one is opening in 2008 and the other in 2009 and that they are supposed to be d or e-ticket level.

Some of the rumors being tossed around the internet include:

Nightmare Before Christmas Dark Ride (to use as a centerpiece to host a halloween event to compete with horror nights)
Narnia Attraction (I'd rather see this at DAK personally)
Indiana Jones Adventure
Star Tours 2

of course there is a chance the other attraction will probably just be another pixar tie-in...

Does anyone know about the expansion for Magic Kingdom? I hear there are four plots of land that are being looked at for an e-ticket attraction?

Legacy

This is a historically bad time of the year for Broadway, so most shows aren't doing their best. However, Tarzan is doing well, and will run for some time. And The Little Mermaid has been officially announced. It will have a tryout in Denver next year, and Broadway.com is reporting that Ursula has been cast.
The only reason Tarzan is doing well is because pre-sales for it were so high. The show is not that good, so once the initial buzz dies down (which will happen with Mary Poppins opening down the street), expect enthusiam for Tarzan to die down immensely.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
Does anyone know about the expansion for Magic Kingdom? I hear there are four plots of land that are being looked at for an e-ticket attraction?

yes that is correct 4 eticket proposals for 4 different pieces of land. Although 1 of them is (thankfully) unlikely now so its really 3 proposals.

AEfx

It will have a tryout in Denver next year, and Broadway.com is reporting that Ursula has been cast.

Last I heard, Ursula was to be animatronic and the original voice actress was doing the voices. Has this changed? Or is it just conflicting info?

AEfx

IcicleM

Haha, I believe Ursula is going to be a person in very elaborate costume. First of all, the entire show is supposed to be new and different and extremely elaborate to begin with. If you looked at the original designs for Ursula (in the animation studios at MGM) you'll see that the design for her was to be a "diva past her prime" so there may be a strong chance that she either may be skinny with a beautiful VERY VERY VERY flowy gown, or she'll be a large woman with a powerful voice.

I DO know that Ursula will be a stronger villain character and she'll have more than 2 songs.

tirian

yes that is correct 4 eticket proposals for 4 different pieces of land. Although 1 of them is (thankfully) unlikely now so its really 3 proposals.

Now, let's see if any of them actually get approved any time soon. :animwink:

{It's a Year of a Million Dreams! We repainted the castle! Come spend money!}

As optimistic as I was when this campaign began, I've finally conceeded that it's little more than smoke and mirrors--the Nemo attractions were already scheduled to open, and the give-aways don't require major marketing, especially since (mathematically speaking) hardly anyone's dreams are actually going to come true. But the graphic design is lovely (except for the monorail).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom