Another MK smoking area goes up in smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

backinaction

smoking spots have been disappearing in disney for awhile. the smokers will just find new places to light up. i've seen a large amount of people ignoring the smoking sections as of late (especially when the sun goes down and they know cm's cant spot them as easily). just give them 1 place in each land to light up. somewhere out of the way completely. why is this a big deal? i dont get it .

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I say fill the empty moat around Cindy's castle with used hot cooking fat from the turkey legs and dip any and all smokers in it as a new attraction.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

* Rubbing hands *

Jimmy Thick- Didn't I do one of these years ago? I leave for a bit and people start ripping me off left and right...

Well welcome back. We didn't really take your good bye WDW Magic seriously, but you did manage a couple weeks.

alissafalco

But do you believe the international guests will actually not smoke or American guests for that matter. You'll just see it happening so much more often in non designated areas like what is happening on college campuses. Will Disney call the Sheriff? Will Disney throw them off property? Not likely. My DD college campus has gone non smoking. The students and staff now just step into the street. As I drove through a few weeks ago to get stuff out of her storage locker you now have this to contend with, my opinion is designated smoking sections is the better.

I think they will ban it IN the parks. Yes I do think they will enforce it, just as they enforce it to be in the smoking sections now. I'm sure they will have smoking sections designated outside of the park before you enter.

alissafalco

I say fill the empty moat around Cindy's castle with used hot cooking fat from the turkey legs and dip any and all smokers in it as a new attraction.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

* Rubbing hands *

Jimmy Thick- Didn't I do one of these years ago? I leave for a bit and people start ripping me off left and right...
Good to see you Jimmy!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I think they will ban it IN the parks. Yes I do think they will enforce it, just as they enforce it to be in the smoking sections now. I'm sure they will have smoking sections designated outside of the park before you enter.
I have smoked on my trips outside of designated areas...

Disney didn't do anything.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I even had the "dis"pleasure one year of walking up to Cinderella's castle on the side path that runs from Liberty Square to the castle, and smelling something that wasn't tobacco.

Yep...Disney did nothing.

And they'll do nothing.

FigmentsFangirl

So another smoking area bites the dust, Wasn't really surprised, I mean with all the people already smoking where they are not supposed to, even then some of those are those newfangled E-Cigs, I recall a day, twice in fact, on the same day, at WDW when I was there in January, At the bust stop for Coranado Springs. The smoking area was a few dozen meters out without a roof, it was somewhat rainy/drizzly out. And apparently the two ladies could not walk and stand out in the poor weather ot light up, so what did they do ? They lit up right there in the bust stop, where a sign blatently says NO SMOKING PERMITTED. So I informed the CM on duty for that mornings bus arrivals of the two smoking, he went over and spoke to them, told them to move to the smoking area. {They ended up just stopping their smoking completely}

Then not three hours later by hall of presidents I see a guy drop a still lit cig in the trash, so I pointed it out to a CM nearby, they got a janiter on the spot to take care of it before it becamse troublesome. I even pointed out the guy in question to the CM as well, not sure if they spoke with him or not.

Some people just don't follow the rules well I guess.

Quite honestly. I've only noticed those two I mentioned, because at the time it affected me on the spot with their smoke. If it were a ride elem,ent, then I'd understand. but it wasn't, so I spoke up.

Might just be me, but I am now curious, am I the only one that has encountered people at WDW smoking real normal light them up smokes where they are not to do so ?

Sorry if this went off topic, I wanted to get it off my chest

alissafalco

I have smoked on my trips outside of designated areas...

Disney didn't do anything.
Did they see you? Was it at night? Or when no one was around? I'm sure you weren't smoking while standing in line for a ride and no one said anything. What were the circumstances?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
So another smoking area bites the dust, Wasn't really surprised, I mean with all the people already smoking where they are not supposed to, even then some of those are those newfangled E-Cigs, I recall a day, twice in fact, on the same day, at WDW when I was there in January, At the bust stop for Coranado Springs. The smoking area was a few dozen meters out without a roof, it was somewhat rainy/drizzly out. And apparently the two ladies could not walk and stand out in the poor weather ot light up, so what did they do ? They lit up right there in the bust stop, where a sign blatently says NO SMOKING PERMITTED. So I informed the CM on duty for that mornings bus arrivals of the two smoking, he went over and spoke to them, told them to move to the smoking area. {They ended up just stopping their smoking completely}

Then not three hours later by hall of presidents I see a guy drop a still lit cig in the trash, so I pointed it out to a CM nearby, they got a janiter on the spot to take care of it before it becamse troublesome. I even pointed out the guy in question to the CM as well, not sure if they spoke with him or not.

Some people just don't follow the rules well I guess.

Quite honestly. I've only noticed those two I mentioned, because at the time it affected me on the spot with their smoke. If it were a ride elem,ent, then I'd understand. but it wasn't, so I spoke up.

Might just be me, but I am now curious, am I the only one that has encountered people at WDW smoking real normal light them up smokes where they are not to do so ?

Sorry if this went off topic, I wanted to get it off my chest
I, frankly, don't spend my time focused on who is smoking and who isn't, when I'm at Disney.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Did they see you? Was it at night? Or when no one was around? I'm sure you weren't smoking while standing in line for a ride and no one said anything. What were the circumstances?
1) I'd never smoke in a line, that is just bad manners. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a smoker who thinks that a crowded line is an appropriate place to smoke. That being said, why a coffee shop is seen as a bad place to smoke, I don't understand.

2) Quite a few CMs saw me in 2010 and 2011 when I flaunted the rules. I could easily list the open venues I smoked at before 2012 when I (personally) decided to start respecting the areas at both WDW and DL.

Point is, I've gotten more rude comments (even when respecting smoking sections) from anti-smoking people than I ever have had from Disney employees (never, not once, even at hotels, have I been approached by a Disney employee and told to stop smoking).

My favorite was the docks along the rivers of america, where people would look at you as if you just killed your kid, or as if you were a bad parent (I'd plant my kid several feet away so she could play with the cranes while I watched her...)

I admit, it's a dirty and nasty habit. I admit, it's not something I'd like my daughter to emulate.

By the same right, I don't subscribe to the common mantra that it's an easy doll to beat up upon without logical thought.

alissafalco

1) I'd never smoke in a line, that is just bad manners. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a smoker who thinks that a crowded line is an appropriate place to smoke. That being said, why a coffee shop is seen as a bad place to smoke, I don't understand.

2) Quite a few CMs saw me in 2010 and 2011 when I flaunted the rules. I could easily list the open venues I smoked at before 2012 when I (personally) decided to start respecting the areas at both WDW and DL.

Point is, I've gotten more rude comments (even when respecting smoking sections) from anti-smoking people than I ever have had from Disney employees (never, not once, even at hotels, have I been approached by a Disney employee and told to stop smoking).

My favorite was the docks along the rivers of america, where people would look at you as if you just killed your kid, or as if you were a bad parent (I'd plant my kid several feet away so she could play with the cranes while I watched her...)

I admit, it's a dirty and nasty habit. I admit, it's not something I'd like my daughter to emulate.

By the same right, I don't subscribe to the common mantra that it's an easy doll to beat up upon without logical thought.
I don't subscribe to that mantra either, but you'll see, it will get banned in the parks eventually. Everything is pointing that way.

NowInc

To counteract the "disney will do nothing" argument said here regarding smoking outside of a designated area...

They will absolutely do something. Many (myself included) have seen CMs politely direct people to the designated areas whom were smoking in an otherwise non-approved location. 9 times out of 10 it was the janitorial staff doing the directing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom