Another MK smoking area goes up in smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I agree with everything you said except this. Just because someone is anti-smoking it makes them an idiot? I'm a little bemused by this statement.
Yes, when they support it blindly without making arguments that are not the correct ones (the first person damages)...

Yes, I do.

And, how many support other forms of intoxication and addiction being legal, but seem hell bent on picking and choosing their science.

Caffeine is also a terrible drug, and emissions are destroying the atmosphere...yet how many people who hate smoking and hang their hat on second hand smoke (or even more recently, tertiary smoke), have no issues with their kids chugging soda as they drive their SUVs?

The selective logic, the hypocrisy, bothers the heck out of me.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I guess the same reason the e cigarette commercials disclaim their products may be no safer than actually smoking.

It is much safer.

First, there is no tar for the end user. It's no more or less dangerous than the gum or patch to them. Nicotine is a poison, but so is caffeine and so is alcohol.

Second, there are no repercussions, outside of water vapor, for those around the smoker. I think most of the complaints come from those who think people are "smoking" when really all they are doing is inhaling.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I never said smoking needs to be banned just why do you smoke? seriously. Expensive, killing yourself and those around you etc there is no benefit. The answer I get every time is that 'it relaxes me' well no it doesn't, it just your nicotine levels normalising. If you didn't smoke your nicotine levels will always be normal so you wouldn't need to smoke. Drinking tea is just as relaxing and that cant kill you.

I know this is a hot topic which is going to ruffle feathers but my stance is that smoking is pointless. If you want to do it then that's up to you.
It's amusing that there was no actual flaming until you posted your massive flamer rant making you the worst culprit. Comical :rolleyes: Lol

OK I'll strike the banning, a different flamer. oops but you own the rest? Now you are indeed continuing to flame on those smokers now aren't ya. They are easy targets. My point, an informational post gone flame. I'm not defending or belittling smokers. I just am amazed how quickly some are to flame.

Parents shield their children from a brief moment of that variety of smoke passing a handful of smoking sections at best but.....put their kids in a haze of smoke at a campfire roasting marshmallows and then have them eat the blacken carcinogen marshmallow.

images
Or how many of us have brought children to this smoke filled event?
images
images

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Nah, don't agree. NYC has thousands of international visitors and that didn't keep smoking from being banned.
Right, until I walk 10 paces outside the front door and smoke.

Smoking isn't banned in NYC in any quantitative measure. It's a fatal conceit.

I doubt you drive (or more likely, if you live there) walk without seeing people smoking.

The Crafty Veteran

Every point Gabe has made in this thread is completely true, the problem is there is a huge public stigma from smoking. if Disney completely banned public smoking, I doubt there would be any media backlash. I'm guilty of being judgemental surrounding this topic but the sooner smoking is completely gone from Disney's property, the better.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Every point Gabe has made in this thread is completely true, the problem is there is a huge public stigma from smoking. if Disney completely banned public smoking, I doubt there would be any media backlash. I'm guilty of being judgemental surrounding this topic but the sooner smoking is completely gone from Disney's property, the better.
Yep, I agree. Gabe is 100% spot on.

Gabe1

Yep, and there will be no need for these types of threads anymore also.

Reminds me of the outcry when it was announced there would be alcohol served at BOG. I live close enough to an airport, all those airplanes heading to Disney World burning all that Jet Fuel down on us is likely going to get me before the drunks from BOG or the smokers in the smoking section at Disney. I know one thing, something is going to get me sooner or later.

alissafalco

Right, until I walk 10 paces outside the front door and smoke.

Smoking isn't banned in NYC in any quantitative measure. It's a fatal conceit.

I doubt you drive (or more likely, if you live there) walk without seeing people smoking.
You know what I mean, bars, restaurants, any place in doors etc. Everyone had the same argument before the ban. Guess what? It got banned, and that hasn't stopped people from going to bars and restaurants and wherever else. It won't stop the international visitors to WDW either.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You know what I mean, bars, restaurants, any place in doors etc. Everyone had the same argument before the ban. Guess what? It got banned, and that hasn't stopped people from going to bars and restaurants and wherever else. It won't stop the international visitors to WDW either.
No, but it will annoy them.

Not everyone in the world is so prudish about smoking as the US is. In fact, pretty much no country, on average is...outside of a few british colonies, which even after more extreme measures (like Australia took), still has smokers.

As if smokers are the be all end all evil of the world which much be ended at all costs.

Jimmy Thick

I say fill the empty moat around Cindy's castle with used hot cooking fat from the turkey legs and dip any and all smokers in it as a new attraction.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

* Rubbing hands *

Jimmy Thick- Didn't I do one of these years ago? I leave for a bit and people start ripping me off left and right...

Gabe1

But do you believe the international guests will actually not smoke or American guests for that matter. You'll just see it happening so much more often in non designated areas like what is happening on college campuses. Will Disney call the Sheriff? Will Disney throw them off property? Not likely. My DD college campus has gone non smoking. The students and staff now just step into the street. As I drove through a few weeks ago to get stuff out of her storage locker you now have this to contend with, my opinion is designated smoking sections is the better.

alissafalco

No, but it will annoy them.

Not everyone in the world is so prudish about smoking as the US is. In fact, pretty much no country, on average is...outside of a few british colonies, which even after more extreme measures (like Australia took), still has smokers.

As if smokers are the be all end all evil of the world which much be ended at all costs.
LOL...yes, I agree. It will get get banned though, and just like the WDW price hikes, it won't stop people from coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom