Another Fuel Shortage Topic!!!

Videoteck

Well, in this topic I would like to talk about how this FUel SHortage is going to effect Disney prices as well as Traveling, planes, cars, trains, etc...

Personal Thought of the Problem:

I think that tickets for Disney may even go up to $70.00 per adult, and thats just crazy, I am going in Feb and I want to know will gas prices interferre with my trip?

brich

And now for something completely different.... :slurp:

So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
and nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
and nothing else matters

never cared for what they do
never cared for what they know
but I know
:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
PigletIsMyCat said:
Request for food prices going up got me thinking to a large disturbing discussion my family had a few months ago....

Coca-Cola.

My mother assures me that Coca-Cola had not risen in price too much since the eighties. Yet, a few months ago, my beloved two liter bottle was decimated by the introduction of the 1.5 liter 'smooth serve' bottle.
Which costs what a two liter used to. And two liters went up .20-.30 cents per bottle. But Pepsi didn't increase prices for their two liters....:mad:

A better example would be the change to the 16.5 oz bottle from the 20oz bottle, with no reduction in price, which is a price increase.....BUT...not related to fule....this is just an example of raising prices.

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
PigletIsMyCat said:
Yes it still comes in two liters here. My point is that a few months ago, two liters cost .99 cents. Then all of the sudden, 1.5 liters cost .99 cents and two liters cost 1.29.

Two lites are .99 here. I'm less than 10 miles from you.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
OK heres how I see it, or remember it from when I studied economics.In manufacturing fuel costs impact in several areas1. Transport2. heating lighting A/C costs3. Oil or an oil based product may be used in the process4. staff wage demandsIt is safe to assume unless your in a fuel supply business a doubling of oil prices should not lead to a doubling of costs. it will be a percentage quite what that s is based on the pressures listed above.Item 4 only really comes into play after a sustained period of increased fuel costs as employees battle with the same pressures.When I studied the subject you would often find that many company’s would sneak subtle price increases that improved their margin undercover of such things.There only certainty is oil company’s are greedy, oil companies have friends in high places, oil companies will be having good shareholder meetings and xmas bonuses. Oil companies benefit from reduced production in the short term as they can hike prices for no investment and take their time filtering reductions back through.

But then again things are different in the former colonies :drevil:

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

Right, people, this is not an RPG. No one PHYSICALLY exists everywhere at once. And I find it highly amusing that Thrawn is so obviously uncomfortable being asked to prove he is less than ten miles from me. And I find it incredibly disturbing when people point out in what I feel is a menacing fashion just how close in proximity to me they are. Although, since Thrawn is apparantly someone who 'thinks' he knows where I live, and presumes to state that he lives within ten miles of me, I have no fear of him. I highly doubt he has ever been to Long Island, or he would realize that he has no clue if I even live in a suburb or the boonies.

Blah blah blah. I'm tired of his ranting and drawing people into arguments when they were just chatting and discussing hypothetical situations. Anyway, I'll argue circles around him anyday. But I won't because I'm here to ENJOY planning my trip to WDW, not to engage in meaningless debates with immature 'adults'.

Upvote 0

brich

PigletIsMyCat said:
Blah blah blah. I'm tired of his ranting and drawing people into arguments when they were just chatting and discussing hypothetical situations. Anyway, I'll argue circles around him anyday. But I won't because I'm here to ENJOY planning my trip to WDW, not to engage in meaningless debates with immature 'adults'.
You know, maybe you should just let this go. I'm sure many are happy that you have the ability to argue circles around others but let me say this. This is a discussion forum and before you continue your arguement, realize that you will be no better than those you claim are "immature adults". I once had a heated discussion with Thrawn myself and have since come to really enjoy his posts. For starters, I no longer take anything around here personal. I respect the fact that others put passion into their posts. Thrawn can be a little harsh at times but he doesn't just deliver lip service. Many of his posts actually are educated. It's not always about winning around here. Most of the time I lose my discussions. Big deal. Without the likes of Thrawn to add color around here, It would just be another stale forum. If you don't like the way Thrawn posts, he welcomes your choice to ignore him. You, like many, many before you, will only continue to feed the "dark side" of Thrawn. With Thrawn, you don't win. You engage, you disagree, you move on... :D

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

brich said:
You know, maybe you should just let this go. I'm sure many are happy that you have the ability to argue circles around others but let me say this. This is a discussion forum and before you continue your arguement, realize that you will be no better than those you claim are "immature adults".

First of all, I believe I was ending the 'argument' as you call it. And as for this being an 'argument', I did not feel so personally involved until Thrawn claimed to know where I lived based on the local price of Coca-Cola. I only posted about Coke because talk was about food prices going up, and it reminded me of how angry we got when that happened. Not to start a fight.

Oh, and anyone who frequents discussion boards just to pick fights, or 'add color' as you call it, is an immature adult.

Upvote 0

brich

PigletIsMyCat said:
First of all, I believe I was ending the 'argument' as you call it. And as for this being an 'argument', I did not feel so personally involved until Thrawn claimed to know where I lived based on the local price of Coca-Cola. I only posted about Coke because talk was about food prices going up, and it reminded me of how angry we got when that happened. Not to start a fight.

Oh, and anyone who frequents discussion boards just to pick fights, or 'add color' as you call it, is an immature adult.
Ouch.... you win, you win. :zipit:

PigletIsMyCat said:
Anyway, I'll argue circles around him anyday.
Looks like I'll be enjoying your posts as well... :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I personally enjoy Thrawn's posts. Yes, he can be abrupt and harsh at times but that is his style. While it is not a style I would personally adopt it works for him. One thing is for sure he is not unintelligent by any means. Quite honestly IMHO he is one of the more intelligent members of this site. He simply asks for one thing, back up your opinions, theories and hypothesis with facts. Not doing that seems to really get under his skin and it brings out the dark side of Thrawn.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

Brich, I aim to please :)
But really, I will back up FACTS I state with sources. And since I'm just an over-emotional, hormonal housewife, that means three things: 1)I have TIME to argue lol 2)I have the kahones to argue 3)I am sensitive enough to get riled up about ANYTHING. Go ahead, tell me your favorite color.....

WRONG! It should be puce.
:fork:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom