News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

ryguy

Sure its annoying when people go by but it happens all the time. Your on vacation for crying out loud. The world seems to be a tinderbox.

WorldExplorer

Yeah, it's entirely possible for a group who was seated later to leave the building first.

Still the whole thing seems absolutely bizarre. Even if you are annoyed at someone for squeezing ahead in line - wouldn't complaining to the nearest CM be the obvious solution anyway? - once you got into the theater and realized that it didn't impact you at all in terms of your time, wouldn't you just let it go? What kind of demented person would hold onto that hostility for something that had no impact on them other than moving to the side for a few seconds in line?

Imagine the amount of rage someone has to feel to hang onto it throughout the entirety of a twelve minute cutesy comedy show. I mean, even if they were in a line where it mattered, that's a scary amount of anger.

Last edited:

ppete1975

Exiting and re-entering queues for bathroom emergencies, especially with little ones involved, should be excused. Going back to retrieve a phone which could easily be stolen and re-entering the line is also excusable. Big difference between those instances and someone rudely holding a place for other family members to push in later. Two different ballparks, imo.
You see people say they had to leave for the bathroom etc but how many people do you ever see exit the line.. in theory if youve been in line 30 minutes, you should have seen this person already

Goofyernmost

It’s my understanding the person who went to retrieve her phone was 14 yo. If so, makes blocking her even worse. She’s a kid.
Kids are sometimes the worst offenders. I remember one time there were a bunch of us waiting to get in to see the Lion King when it was still where Pandora is now. It was the first show and there were only about 20 of us waiting. I was at the back of the line, (actually just a group) lines aren't necessary for a show. Anyway a young girl and her mother came up behind me. I then watched the girl slowly work her way up toward the front by going around the side of us. Once she got there she just casually stood there for awhile and then acted like her mother had just come up and yelled out "I'm up here, Mom! Then the mother said... oh, good I found you and proceeded to go up to the front and stand with her daughter.

Honestly, all of us waiting saw what was going on and we just thought it was hilarious that they would go to all that trouble when there were only about 20 of us in front of them and we were going into a huge theater. People are weird.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

You mean like a school bathroom hall pass? That’s still not going to sit well with the groups that think the person is cutting the line…how do you know where on the line they were originally? Unfortunately, some people look for an opportunity for a confrontation…it’s truly a drug, a fix for them.

WorldExplorer

Disney has greeters at most lines.. why not give 'return' passes for those that exit the line?

I'd imagine most people don't actually make their way all the way through the line to come out the front, they're more likely to duck under a side chain. Less shoving past people that way. So unless they have someone watching all exposed areas of the queue, that's not going to work.

And telling people to go up after leaving any way they can and say they left the line and need a pass is an obvious way to just lie and get one.

To say nothing of the difficulty of getting that information out there. They can't even convey to everyone that they need a park reservation to get in. Plenty of people would get accused of cutting, with "proof" in the form of a lack of pass, because they just had no idea they'd implemented a line return pass system.

Patcheslee

I'd imagine most people don't actually make their way all the way through the line to come out the front, they're more likely to duck under a side chain. Less shoving past people that way. So unless they have someone watching all exposed areas of the queue, that's not going to work.

And telling people to go up after leaving any way they can and say they left the line and need a pass is an obvious way to just lie and get one.

To say nothing of the difficulty of getting that information out there. They can't even convey to everyone that they need a park reservation to get in. Plenty of people would get accused of cutting, with "proof" in the form of a lack of pass, because they just had no idea they'd implemented a line return pass system.
Besides maybe taking a picture of family next to a unique part of the queue, I can't think of specific ways to show proof to a CM or guests where someonewas in line. Realistically Disney should have not built queues to hold people for multiple hours without access to a restroom. Somewhere I read FOP was built to hold up to 6 hours.

DisneyCane

Besides maybe taking a picture of family next to a unique part of the queue, I can't think of specific ways to show proof to a CM or guests where someonewas in line. Realistically Disney should have not built queues to hold people for multiple hours without access to a restroom. Somewhere I read FOP was built to hold up to 6 hours.
There's no way FoP can hold a 6 hr queue. At under 3 hours it stretches out into the park to Africa.

There is a restroom in the middle of the indoor queue which ironically had a queue to use it when I rode a week ago.

The only other solution would be to have various points in the queue staffed by a CM where a person can be given a restroom pass and be sent out a shortcut exit and then the party waits there for them to return through the shortcut. There are locations in some of the longer queues that already have CMs and have cut through spots to the LL line that could be used.

Hmmmmmmm. Didn't those hated COVID plexiglass barriers eliminate the line cutting?

I don't think so. All the plexiglass I remember was waist height and up so people could still go under the bars.

scheat

Yeah, it's entirely possible for a group who was seated later to leave the building first.

Still the whole thing seems absolutely bizarre. Even if you are annoyed at someone for squeezing ahead in line - wouldn't complaining to the nearest CM be the obvious solution anyway? - once you got into the theater and realized that it didn't impact you at all in terms of your time, wouldn't you just let it go? What kind of demented person would hold onto that hostility for something that had no impact on them other than moving to the side for a few seconds in line?
You’re talking like a normal well adjusted person. Not the case here, and I’m sure expletive words were used between the two during the original altercation. So many people these days don’t have the ability(not well adjusted) to walk away from being “dissed,” (if that’s the right word).

The Empress Lilly

Very few people ever leave a queue. In all your many hours standing in line, how often did you see people backtrack their way from midway in a line?

More commonly what happens is that upon entering, one member decides he first needs a bathroom break, or a snack, or forgot something from the stroller. The group enters the line regardless, and then later the other(s) want to join them.

This is how problems start. Policy is to wait and enter a line together.

As for this fight, a firehose would've worked wonders.

DisneyCane

Very few people ever leave a queue. In all your many hours standing in line, how often did you see people backtrack their way from midway in a line?

More commonly what happens is that upon entering, one member decides he first needs a bathroom break, or a snack, or forgot something from the stroller. The group enters the line regardless, and then later the other(s) want to join them.

This is how problems start. Policy is to wait and enter a line together.

As for this fight, a firehose would've worked wonders.
Very good point. A group doesn't enter a queue, several individuals enter together. It should not be expected that you can join friends or family members at their spot in the queue later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom