News Another Drunk Banned for Life

Benjamin_Nicholas

Are you for real?
Yeah, just tell people who would rather not see hammered people to avoid an entire theme park for an entire season.
This makes much more sense than wishing Disney would get a better handle on alcohol distribution, or that drinkers should exercise more responsibility.

I said drinking, not drunk.

Disney takes in too much money on booze for them to curtail it. While I don't ever drink a ton at these events, I am well aware of their eye on the bottom line. It would take a lot more for them to put measures in place.

HHN had to curb it, but that was WAY worse than anything ever seen at Epcot.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
If you disagree with the LEGAL consumption of alcohol in the US, your battle is with the laws.

If I disagree with the legal selling of CBD oil, I wouldn't stalk the 7-11 forum. I'd write to congress and my house instead.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Nope. That is just what people dependant on substances say to themselves to make them feel better.

"I am not a smoker. I only smoke on the weekends... and when I have a drink. Which is everyday. But I am not a smoker."

They also use the, 'it's not me, it's everyone else that's a problem' argument a lot:
"Drunks are a problem, but not me, I can handle myself just fine..."

Perhaps people should take a vacation from alcohol.
Wanting to drink on vacation does NOT make one an alcoholic. The vast majority of people (even 90% of those who overindulge) don't qualify for a diagnosis of Alcohol Use Disorder (the new term for alcoholism).

Besides, I don't think smokers are protected under the ADA. People diagnosed with AUD are.

fngoofy

I was at Epcot a few years ago, and very drunk young people were numerous.
Saw a kid vomiting in the bushes near Norway.
Saw two guys drunkenly hitting on a female store attendant in the shop at International Gateway.
It was bad.
just got back from WDW, was out at EPCOT several times over the week. Didn't see a single out of line person, we were there day and night, not a one.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
just got back from WDW, was out at EPCOT several times over the week. Didn't see a single out of line person, we were there day and night, not a one.
My wife and I spend more time at Epcot than any other park. We visit several times a year and have been doing so for 15 years as a couple. I've never seen anybody puke in the bushes or start a fight. Never seen anybody act innapropritaley on a level that security was needed. Only thing I've seen is a few people having a good time but being a bit too loud.

But to some people here, we should "think about the children"!!! *Insert fart noise

Astro Blaster

Whelp, at least she didn't try to climb the Mayan pyramid at the Mexico Pavilion in Epcot.

I thought surely that's where the story would lead upon reading the thread title.

That, or a swim in one of the reflecting ponds in Future World.
Or, taking a nap in the shrubbery at Disney Springs.

🥴

-
Wait - taking a nap in the shrubbery at the Springs is a thing??

A couple of years ago I left Raglan Road a little before 2am with some friends and we were the only guests around from what I could tell. As we were rounding the corner outside my buddy heard a cough and there was a girl passed out by herself in the bushes. I honestly couldn’t even see her. We called a security guard who happened to be right there but it was the strangest thing.

Figments Friend

A couple of years ago I left Raglan Road a little before 2am with some friends and we were the only guests around from what I could tell. As we were rounding the corner outside my buddy heard a cough and there was a girl passed out by herself in the bushes. I honestly couldn’t even see her. We called a security guard who happened to be right there but it was the strangest thing.

Yep, it's a thing.....as you discovered for yourself, apparently!
😁

-

Lilofan

Nothing good happens around the 2am hour.

jaklgreen

My wife and I spend more time at Epcot than any other park. We visit several times a year and have been doing so for 15 years as a couple. I've never seen anybody puke in the bushes or start a fight. Never seen anybody act innapropritaley on a level that security was needed. Only thing I've seen is a few people having a good time but being a bit too loud.

But to some people here, we should "think about the children"!!! *Insert fart noise

Same with me. I go every year for the F&WF and have not seen any of that behavior either. Just people in groups blocking the walkway and getting a bit loud.

mergatroid

I suppose only a few people see the few incidents but they do happen. Out of the tens of thousands attending on a given night, only a tiny minority will be unlucky enough to see the drunken jerk puking his guts up. My wife and I were like you until a few years back and had never witnessed anything. Unfortunately we rocked up one evening to Club Cool to find several guests in tears on the floor and a guy being restrained by another guest after he'd got drunk and attacked people with a pipe he'd dismantled from a backstage area he'd wandered into after getting plastered.

We also saw a group of young adults pushing folk out of their way the other year who were very quickly surrounded by security and one of them yacked all over the floor he was in such a state (not the security but the young adults obviously :)).

I guess you'd really have to look at numbers of incidents to decide whether it's a 'problem' or not and establish what the cause of the problem was. We assume the puking was from alcohol whereas it could have just been a virus the guy had, unlikely you would think but not impossible. Like yourself I don't think of F & W as a dangerous place to go full of drunks causing chaos, however I think we have to accept that there can be incidents we don't see or hear of and they can spoil the enjoyment (or worse) for others. The number of incidents must be the deciding factor by Disney, what they are I have no idea though. I've seen two over the last few years on maybe 10 visits but I doubt your average guest would see 1 incident every 5 visits, we were probably just unlucky.

Lilofan

I suppose only a few people see the few incidents but they do happen. Out of the tens of thousands attending on a given night, only a tiny minority will be unlucky enough to see the drunken jerk puking his guts up. My wife and I were like you until a few years back and had never witnessed anything. Unfortunately we rocked up one evening to Club Cool to find several guests in tears on the floor and a guy being restrained by another guest after he'd got drunk and attacked people with a pipe he'd dismantled from a backstage area he'd wandered into after getting plastered.

We also saw a group of young adults pushing folk out of their way the other year who were very quickly surrounded by security and one of them yacked all over the floor he was in such a state (not the security but the young adults obviously :)).

I guess you'd really have to look at numbers of incidents to decide whether it's a 'problem' or not and establish what the cause of the problem was. We assume the puking was from alcohol whereas it could have just been a virus the guy had, unlikely you would think but not impossible. Like yourself I don't think of F & W as a dangerous place to go full of drunks causing chaos, however I think we have to accept that there can be incidents we don't see or hear of and they can spoil the enjoyment (or worse) for others. The number of incidents must be the deciding factor by Disney, what they are I have no idea though. I've seen two over the last few years on maybe 10 visits but I doubt your average guest would see 1 incident every 5 visits, we were probably just unlucky.
That incident at Club Cool in 2013 made headlines. A drunken guest 23_year old male graduate of U.S. Naval Academy went on a violent rampage, assaulted a female with a PCV pipe, drove a company golf cart and also punched 2 other males all who went to the hospital for their injuries. The ones that subdued the drunken guest administered their own street justice and the guest was taken to jail with "injuries".

Last edited:

mergatroid

That incident at Club Cool in 2013 made headlines. A drunken guest 23_year old male graduate of U.S. Naval Academy went on a violent rampage, assaulted a female with a PCV pipe, drove a company golf cart and also punched 2 other males all who went to the hospital for their injuries. The ones that subdued the drunken guest administered their own street justice and the guest was taken to jail with "injuries".

Thanks, I'm aware of that. I made a thread on here after getting home that night asking if anyone knew what happened. A number of people questioned whether what I said was true (fair enough as I'm a stranger on the internet), whilst one or two practically called me a liar. Fortunately within 48 hours it made the news and I was vindicated though one poster still insisted I could have made it up and just got lucky with an identical incident to the one I 'made up' that then actually happened :D

Last edited:

Incomudro

Excellent post.

Raineman

Having been to all-inclusive Caribbean resorts multiple times in my life, I have to wonder what it is about Epcot that could cause behavioural issues with drunk people that you almost never see at a beach resort. At an all-inclusive, the majority of adults are drinking steadily throughout the day every day, and yet rarely, in my experience, do you see a sloppy, violent drunk-and this is an environment where you can drink as much as you want without spending an extra cent over what you paid for the vacation. Most of these resorts are family resorts, which means alot of kids, including mine and freinds we've gone with, and none of them have been emotionally or behaviourally scarred by constantly being around people who are tipsy, or been involved in an incident with a drunk adult. Maybe the fact that the drunks at Epcot pound their drinks in a short period of time, as opposed to restrained, steady consumption over a full day?

fngoofy

ok

NoFunInBand

Having been to all-inclusive Caribbean resorts multiple times in my life, I have to wonder what it is about Epcot that could cause behavioural issues with drunk people that you almost never see at a beach resort. At an all-inclusive, the majority of adults are drinking steadily throughout the day every day, and yet rarely, in my experience, do you see a sloppy, violent drunk-and this is an environment where you can drink as much as you want without spending an extra cent over what you paid for the vacation. Most of these resorts are family resorts, which means alot of kids, including mine and freinds we've gone with, and none of them have been emotionally or behaviourally scarred by constantly being around people who are tipsy, or been involved in an incident with a drunk adult. Maybe the fact that the drunks at Epcot pound their drinks in a short period of time, as opposed to restrained, steady consumption over a full day?

I think it's the mix of alcohols. In my experience mixing different types of alcohol gets you way drunker way faster. And gosh, at the end of a beers around the world run you could have various beers, tequila, vodka, rum, wine, sake, and mead all within ten hours lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom