Another death at WDW

Firewolfe51

I will totally agree with DisneyHoneymoon, when saying TL will knock the stuffing out of you. Absolutely! That wave pool is rough. I just have to wonder though, if all these people that have died @ Disney didn't have some sort of pre-exsisting condition. Maybe that they did not know about. Kind of strange. And really sad.

caparamedic

Woody13 said:
Fire Department Serving Disney May Scramble Calls

The fire chief said it would protect crews and secure patient information. The chief said Disney didn't play a role in the decision and a company spokeswoman said the same. ">

The Dispatch frequency is a digital broadcast, as are all the other tactical frequencies and although the FD can "scramble" or encode the signal, they don't. The Dispatch frequency is also transmitted on an analog frequency (I would have to look it up and will do so if anyone needs it). The reason is that Disney Security monitors the Dispatch frequency and then makes announcements over Disney's Nextel system for Security and Duty Managers to respond. I would wonder how Disney would know if Reedy Creek was responding if they stopped transmitting analog.

As far as protecting patient information, names are NEVER given over the radio. Seems like a lame excuse. I wonder why Ray Colburn would say that?

Digital radio systems are used by almost all Fire and Police departments in Orange County.

I didn't see this article, so thank you for posting it! Where was it published? I wonder why they didn't use any names other than Richard Foglesong's? By the way...his book is good reading!

MINECAR

Account Suspended
Urg... I posted this the other day and I know most of you posted on the post I posted. I asked if anyone know and thing else about it, and not one post back. Anyway I still think its terible and if anyone heard about it before like me they would have heard it was on a slide. But now we know it was in the wave pool.

peter11435

MINECAR said:
Urg... I posted this the other day and I know most of you posted on the post I posted. I asked if anyone know and thing else about it, and not one post back. Anyway I still think its terible and if anyone heard about it before like me they would have heard it was on a slide. But now we know it was in the wave pool.
No media source that I have seen reported that it was on a slide. Every report even the first just hours after the incident clearly stated it happened next to the wave pool.

sillyspook13

PhotoDave219 said:
Great advice. I cant tell you how many dehydrated guests i would see in the summer. People really dont take very good care of themselves while doing Disney parks.
Another note: You should still drink a lot of water at the water parks. Just because you're wet on the outside doesn't mean you're wet on the inside. You can still sweat and/or become dehydrated in a swimming pool. :)

wdwordz

This is in regards to the 12 year old girl that died in August 2005. Sorry if the subject causes anyone to think this is a new death. Anyway, I just caught the end of a segment on the Discovery Health Channel program "Dr. G: Medical Examiner." Jan C. Garavaglia, or Dr. G. was the ME for that incident apparently. Wish I had seen the whole segment, but from what I gathered, the girl had a fairly common virus that in rare cases affects the heart of the victim. There really was nothing anyone could have done to prevent her death.

I scanned the eight pages of this thread; hope I'm not repeating what has already been posted. I will be watching for a re-run of this episode. It showed the mother, so very sad for her.

splash_mt. jr

my prayers are with that family.

jack:aehhh!

will:nevermind lets go!

isitingood

Woody13 said:
As you can see from tigsmom's post, the name of the young girl has been reported. The family has no right to keep her identity a secret no matter her age. All the names of the victims that have suffered injury or death proximate to the Disney attractions have been reported in the press. The right of the public to know takes precedent over privacy.
I don't care what state you're in if the parents don't want there childs name in the press they can stop it and that's a federal law

isitingood

Woody13 said:
The release of victim names to the press is handled by law enforcement officials (city, county (parish if in Louisiana), state or federal). The common accepted rule is that the name of a victim is not released until next of kin has been notified by law enforcement officials. After the next of kin notification is made, the press is given the name.

The fact that she was a juvenile has no bearing. If she had been 82 years of age, they would still withhold the name until the next of kin notification. Obviously, no one wants to learn about the death of a loved one via the press. Also, law enforcement officials need to assess the impact of the death notification on the immediate family to curb possible suicide attempts or other domestic violence.

Do we need to know her name? Yes we do. After all, we know the name of 4 year old Agnes Bamuwamye. The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom...of the press."

You're correct that is a fake name. The press cannot release her name unless the parents give consent.

Woody13

isitingood said:
I don't care what state you're in if the parents don't want there childs name in the press they can stop it and that's a federal law
You're wrong. There is no such federal law. However, just to humor me, provide a citation in the CFR or federal statutes. It would amuse me.

isitingood said:
You're correct that is a fake name. The press cannot release her name unless the parents give consent.
You are once again wrong. The press is mightier than the parent! :wave:

isitingood

Woody13 said:
You're wrong. There is no such federal law. However, just to humor me, provide a citation in the CFR or federal statutes. It would amuse me.

You are once again wr

ong. The press is mightier than the parent! :wave:[/quote

No you're wrong again!
Matters of public record under the Hipaa regulations,there are no longer cases of public record in relation to information that may be provided to members of the press without the patient's legal representative providing a signed authorization form. Now go amuse yourself

Woody13

Hippaa regulations only apply to the health care industry (i.e. health care providers, health insurance, public health office, employer, life insurance, school, university, etc.). Once an investigation is closed, police records are a matter of public record and the public and the press have full access to this information.

As I mentioned before, the police always hold the victim(s) name(s) from the press until the next of kin has been notified. :wave:

Woody13

Corrus said:
Guys??? This happened almost a year ago... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Ah yes Corrus you’re right as usual. However the thread drifted into a dispute as to whether or not the press has the right to report the name(s) of death victims who are minors. I was just attempting to clear up some misinformation that was being promulgated. :D :wave: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Tim G

Woody13 said:
Ah yes Corrus you’re right as usual. However the thread drifted into a dispute as to whether or not the press has the right to report the name(s) of death victims who are minors. I was just attempting to clear up some misinformation that was being promulgated. :D :wave: ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
LOL :lol: LOL

Woody13

wdwishes2005 said:
agh. Stop putting shocking threads like this back into discussion. Now i need to wipe all the chocolate milk i was drinking off my monitor.
Please forgive me. I was just anticipating a confirmation from a member of the fourth estate. :wave: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom