Another death at WDW

Michael72688

Original Poster
Just heard it on the local Fox station. A girl was at Typhoon Lagoon today, she came out of the wave pool and layed down on a ledge, life guards asked if she was ok, she said yes. Later on she got up, passed out, was taken to the hospital and unfortunatly died. Sorry I dont have a link to a website. If I find one I'll post it. Looks like Disney's bad luck is still going on.

TowerOfTerror

OrlandoSentinel.com: Orange County News : Orlando News

Girl dies at Typhoon Lagoon

by Willoughby Mariano | Sentinel Staff Writer
Posted August 4, 2005, 10:24 PM EDT
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=150 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- Start related content rail --><!-- End related content rail --></TD></TR><TR><TD><STYLE type=text/css> .cbjoblisting {text-decoration: none; margin-top:6px; font-weight: bold; color: #036;} .cbjoblisting A:link {color: #515190; text-decoration: underline;} .cbjoblisting A:visited {color: #006; text-decoration: underline;} .cbjoblisting A:hover {color: #C00;text-decoration: none;} .cblinks {text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold;} .cblinks A:link {color: #C00; text-decoration: underline;} .cblinks A:visited {color: #006; text-decoration: underline;} .cblinks A:hover {color: #FF7b30;text-decoration: none;}</STYLE><TABLE style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(/images/careerbuilder/topjobsyellowgradient.jpg)" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=150 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
A 12-year-old girl died tonight after passing out at the wave pool at Diseny's Typhoon Lagoon, marking the third time in three months that a young person has suddenly fallen critically ill at the Walt Disney World theme park.

The girl was sitting by herself on simulated islands that dot the water park's wave pool about 6 p.m. when a lifeguard approached her to check on her, said Orange County Sheriff's spokeswoman Crystal Candy.

The child, who was visiting with cousins and an aunt from Newport News, Virginia, told the lifeguard she was fine and wanted them to leave her alone. But when she stood up, she immediately passed out and the lifeguard signaled for help. Some called 9-1-1, while others monitored the girl's vital signs, said Kim Prunty, a spokeswoman for Disney.

The girl's pulse stopped and she stopped breathing, so lifeguards began CPR. But it was too late. Reedy Creek Fire & Rescue transported her to Florida Hospital Celebration Health where she was pronounced dead.

"It is mysterious," said Candy. She declined to identify the girl pending notification of her parents, who were not on the trip.

stitch82

oh no...that is sad. my sympathies for family & friends.

they say that deaths come in threes. i certainly hope this is the end of these tragedies at wdw...

tigsmom

Just finished reading this too. How very sad. I wonder if the lifeguard noticed anything out of the ordinary since he went over to her.

Tigger1988

retroeric said:
Get ready for more blown out of proportion national news coverage about how Disney World is "unsafe".

Yup, I can't believe how all this is happening so close to one another (even the DCA accident)

imagineer boy

Good Grief! Why are so many people dying this year?! Well, the media is going to kill Disney...

I feel for the family of the girl though. :(

ballewclan

OMG, that girl is from where i live. Is there any where they list a name?? This is so sad! Why is disney having such bad luck? I still cant believe this girl is from where i live...

AliciaLuvzDizne

ballewclan said:
OMG, that girl is from where i live. Is there any where they list a name?? This is so sad! Why is disney having such bad luck? I still cant believe this girl is from where i live...
they wont list a name until the parents have been notified

what a horrifying thought...they weren't even on the trip!!
:(

caparamedic

People die at Disney....it happens. Not often, but it happens.

The parks and water parks have been VERY busy for the last month and EMS calls have been averaging about 100 per day.

Again, the Disney staff responded quickly and contacted fire rescue. What else can you do? Disney Lifeguards again prove they are PROACTIVE! Good job!

WDWRLD

ballewclan said:
Hey, Are you in NN. Im in Hampton.

LilDucky

caparamedic said:
Again, the Disney staff responded quickly and contacted fire rescue. What else can you do? Disney Lifeguards again prove they are PROACTIVE! Good job!

Agreed, at least she didnt pass b/c of an unwatchful eye. How tragic. I bet the parents feel awful... they are going to immediately regret their decision to let her go without them. God I feel so bad for them! My condolences go out to her family.

3 deaths in 3 months, and the DCA incident that happened less than a week ago! How tragic! :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom