Annual Passholder/ Ticket Changes 2016

Alice a

Ha! Figures- I'm an out-of-state AP (Charleston, SC) Bought the original one because my company moved to St. Augustine, and since I was driving down once a month anyway...

A few years ago, I got a new job here and decided not to renew- then they killed the non-expiring tickets, and since we only go 2-4 days, 2-3 imes a year, keeping the AP was less or close to the same as buying 3 day park hoppers multiple times a year.

Our APs expire in January, and I was finally so disgusted, we were going to let them them lapse. But now, if there's a good enough perk, I don't know. It would have to be pretty sweet, though.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
If the OP is right, and there are going to be positive changes, I'd say he following are most likely.

1. Higher merch discount
2. AP lounges.
3. Quick service food discount
4. EMH access on certain days
5. FP window 60 days

Abooch

New Florida resident and first time AP buyer here. To wait or not to wait. Was looking at the Gold AP. How much have the increases gone up historically? Is it that big of a difference if there is an increase? Thanks!

FigmentForver96

New Florida resident and first time AP buyer here. To wait or not to wait. Was looking at the Gold AP. How much have the increases gone up historically? Is it that big of a difference if there is an increase? Thanks!
Depends. When they introduced the tiered system (gold, silver, etc), prices went up pretty drastically. The increases on a typical year is more modest although it still varies. It's also inportant to note that the higher tiered APs have Photopass roled in.

Also welcome to the boards!! :)

NearTheEars

Prices have increased astronomically since my first Florida resident AP in 2011. It was $403 with not blackout days.
To get a Florida resident AP with no blackouts now, it's the "Platinum" level pass and it's $691 :eek:

We've since downgraded to the Silver pass, which essentially blocks out Summer and the major holidays.
It's $414.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ha! Figures- I'm an out-of-state AP (Charleston, SC) Bought the original one because my company moved to St. Augustine, and since I was driving down once a month anyway...

A few years ago, I got a new job here and decided not to renew- then they killed the non-expiring tickets, and since we only go 2-4 days, 2-3 imes a year, keeping the AP was less or close to the same as buying 3 day park hoppers multiple times a year.

Our APs expire in January, and I was finally so disgusted, we were going to let them them lapse. But now, if there's a good enough perk, I don't know. It would have to be pretty sweet, though.

Hit our point of maximum disgust last August and Disney kissed off over $4000 per year of AP revenue.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I can't wait to hear what this is all about. My AP expires at the end of November. I wasn't planning on renewing. However, depending on what this announcement will be...

dreamfinder

I have to buy my daughter a pass this month. Now if I wait to buy it when the new pass comes out, can I benefit from the "new offers" she will have with her pass? She is 4, so she cant buy anything for herself.

Depends on the CM/benefit. I believe one of the reasons they killed the child AP was this specific use case. People were buying a child AP to get the discounts instead of an adult AP to save money. When shopping with my DW, its usually easier for me to pull out my wallet to show the AP card when paying by Magic Band instead of my wife fishing around in her purse. I've had some CMs insist that my DW needed to show the AP card if she was paying, some just need to see my ID to match the name, and I've had others just glance at the card and let my DW pay.

But I'd suspect that any soft benefit such as a discount would be rolled out to all AP holders. Unless they let the POS setups identify an AP based on Magic Band (still surprised they don't do this now) having to stock multiple discount cards for the old/new discount types strikes me as a level of complexity that WDW wouldn't want to bother with. The Memory Maker perk is completely automated on the back end, so any discount/perk like that may indeed need to be done through her account.

raymusiccity

If the OP is right, and there are going to be positive changes, I'd say he following are most likely.

1. Higher merch discount
2. AP lounges.
3. Quick service food discount
4. EMH access on certain days
5. FP window 60 days

As far as I'm concerned, they can keep their 'benefits' and just roll back the prices. I've never purchased an AP so that I'd 'benefit' from a discount. Add up all of your savings from these discounts and compare them to the drastic jumps in overall pricing for the new tiered system. :)

GlassHalfFull

As a person who comes down to Orlando to do 3 parks on a saturday on a quick weekend trip, I wish they'd allow me to buy non expiring tickets again, with a premium of course.. $160 per day is pretty daggone high.. close enough that my 3 or 4 days a year make more sense to buy an AP for this Ohio kid..

DarkImage4

I'm hearing the rumors of the 20% discount for food and merchandise. If they were killing Tables in Wonderland and rolling it into the AP, that would be quite a saving to not have to buy the TiW card yearly. We'll have to see what they announce...we'll probably be in the MK tomorrow for the 45th....

cinderellafan6

So the only thing I have seen on other Disney sites is 20% discount on merchandise starting tomorrow. I really hope the discount for food does happen also.

BernardandBianca

I'm hearing the rumors of the 20% discount for food and merchandise. If they were killing Tables in Wonderland and rolling it into the AP, that would be quite a saving to not have to buy the TiW card yearly.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around this, and am having a difficult time (not surprising!) I'm going to guess that most TiW holders are also AP holders (you have to go so much to make the TiW pay that this makes sense), so is Disney going to give up the $150/FL resident fee for the TiW without getting anything in return? It's not like they'll be gaining new AP holders, so what is the rationale for rolling the one into the other. If it's because the AP discount probably won't apply to alcohol do they think they'll make the loss up there? Seems like the sane thing would be to keep the TiW card, and do whatever you want for APs, and let the market figure out for itself what they want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom