Annual Passholder Parking Issues

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
In September they hosed me over. It had my age at 8 months old. How does the system even allow that? It took going at it with the booth lady and clogging up the toll line to get it through the thick skull that was MY AP. And a couple IDs.

Goofnut1980

So when we go RFID... how are we going to show ID? As of now when you go to a ride is only says - Shawn - but nothing else... hmmmmm

rangerbob

The ticket actually states Ticket and biometric scan required for entry, do you have it documented where it states an ID is required? PS I don't shop at Sam's club, because once you purchase the items they can't check the items either unless you agree to it.

If you don't like what they are doing you don't have to go. I always have my ID out and ready for them to check every time that I go there. I had my 1 pass confiscated since the address wasn't right on their system at parking but they were able to verify that my pass and address was correct when I got the replacement pass.

Wolven

If this is being done for the lost/stolen tickets they should have the range of AP numbers that were effected and scan them to see if blank as they were not processed. Effecting the rest of us each time we come in and having to provide an ID for those that have not committed a crime is not the solution. Note we are in Disneyworld several times a week and only Epcot and occasionally Hollywood (once in 6 months) is this a policy.

NowInc

...so im going to assume you had a HUGE problem when they asked for IDs when you BOUGHT your annual passes in the first place? Seriously..ID checks are not some crazy conspiracy theory..its more of trying to avoid people using other peoples passes to snag free parking. Showing the ID would have taken a few seconds..I highly doubt they are going to steal your identity in that timeframe.

monorail81

I was scolded the other day at AK parking because I was asked to "sign" my AP and it had faded to the point of barely being able to see the signature.

I was told that if I would have just printed my name on the back, I would never have to have my AP scanned and quized over it. I hate it when CMs deal in absolutes that are incorrect. Just like the absolute that I was supposed to sign it. And with a crappy pen and not a sharpie.

You had to "sign" yours? When they issued mine, the Guest Relations CM used a Sharpie to write our names on the back of ours...The names are fading, but not nearly as badly as the Expiration Dates scribbled on the bottom.

Scuttle

You had to "sign" yours? When they issued mine, the Guest Relations CM used a Sharpie to write our names on the back of ours...The names are fading, but not nearly as badly as the Expiration Dates scribbled on the bottom.
I'm in the same boat. I can barely read my name at this point.

MCP75inFL

If this is being done for the lost/stolen tickets they should have the range of AP numbers that were effected and scan them to see if blank as they were not processed. Effecting the rest of us each time we come in and having to provide an ID for those that have not committed a crime is not the solution. Note we are in Disneyworld several times a week and only Epcot and occasionally Hollywood (once in 6 months) is this a policy.

Happened to me at MK 10/29 and I wasn't too pleased I didn't expect it so had to get my child to climb over the back seat to grab my park bag to get my ID out. I had just switched my ID and credit cards I planned to carry into the park into my park bag at the gas station before going to MK.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And why for the love of $DEITY cannot WDW do the same thing that Sams Club and BJ's do all the time take your picture with a $20 webcam and print it on the plastic card with a $250 printer. The Sharpie thing is bush league. My KSC commanders club pass has my picture on it and it was not in the four figure price range.

This Box of AP's stolen - WDW has more money to waste on bands than most small countries, Just re-issue the AP's in a new color and this time add photos. Just collect the old AP's at parking turnstile and give voucher for replacement at Guest Services. You don't have have parking scan so CM does not have to play cop. Legit AP holders will simply get their new ones and the cheaters will head home with tail between their legs.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't mind showing my ID, but I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. Yesterday at DHS I was asked for an ID, I was prepared, one CM scanned my AP into a computer and a second CM standing there told us they are trying to get guest use to showing ID. Then this morning at MK I stuck my AP out the window with my ID under it and the CM just looked and waved us through.

No big deal. Maybe we will find out one day what's up and if showing ID will eventually be SOP.

I thought the WHOLE POINT of the 'Mouse Arrest Band' was so one did not HAVE to carry CC's/DL/Passport etc...

NowInc

I thought the WHOLE POINT of the 'Mouse Arrest Band' was so one did not HAVE to carry CC's/DL/Passport etc...

I'm failing to see what magic bands has to do with any of this? At no point did anyone say they flashed a magic band. They are talking about the physical APs.

NowInc

Not anymore, they haven't issued APs with photos in a long time. Only legacy APs have them.

That was my point. A lot of the "argument" is about how "DISNEY SHOULD BE DOING THIS!"....when no one else does.

pretty much the usual "Im going to bad mouth everything because I want to come off as knowing everything and disney is evil!" posts that a few members think make them look smart :)

tissandtully

That was my point. A lot of the "argument" is about how "DISNEY SHOULD BE DOING THIS!"....when no one else does.

pretty much the usual "Im going to bad mouth everything because I want to come off as knowing everything and disney is evil!" posts that a few members think make them look smart :)

Ah, gotcha. :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm failing to see what magic bands has to do with any of this? At no point did anyone say they flashed a magic band. They are talking about the physical APs.

You are really context impared -

The current meme from Disney is all you need at the parks is your "Mouse Arrest Band" in a CM interaction CM stated "We are trying to get Guests used to showing ID" - If all you need is your Mouse Arrest Band OR AP (Which is supposed to be on a special Mouse Arrest Band). Why does then one need to carry and be prepared to show ID? if supposedly all you need is your Mouse Arrest Band.

If they don't want to print pictures on media they could store them and display at scan as it appears all current Disney terminals are graphics capable.

Most employee ID cards just have Name/Picture on them many times the organization is not shown - If Disney simply included a picture as part of ticket media most of these misuse problems would go away!. It would also ease AP/Passport Discount issues as CM could simply look at media and see it is indeed you using the AP/Passport.

Disney seems to be bending over backwards to do 'Easy things with the greatest of difficulty'.

NowInc

You are really context impared -

The current meme from Disney is all you need at the parks is your "Mouse Arrest Band" in a CM interaction CM stated "We are trying to get Guests used to showing ID" - If all you need is your Mouse Arrest Band OR AP (Which is supposed to be on a special Mouse Arrest Band). Why does then one need to carry and be prepared to show ID? if supposedly all you need is your Mouse Arrest Band.

If they don't want to print pictures on media they could store them and display at scan as it appears all current Disney terminals are graphics capable.

Most employee ID cards just have Name/Picture on them many times the organization is not shown - If Disney simply included a picture as part of ticket media most of these misuse problems would go away!. It would also ease AP/Passport Discount issues as CM could simply look at media and see it is indeed you using the AP/Passport.

Disney seems to be bending over backwards to do 'Easy things with the greatest of difficulty'.

Actually, with the magic band, you don't need an ID. Example: When pulling up to a resort hotel for check in, they ask you for EITHER an ID OR to scan your magicband. In the context of this post, the op did not have a magic band, only the physical AP, which if the old policy sticks with the use of the OLD, then yes..they will ask for ID for verification when they feel necessary (which sometimes may not seem like a valid reason)

I'm not going to argue that a picture on the pass would solve all these problems, I agree with that. The problem then comes into people who will inevitably complain about having their picture taken, somehow claiming they are being violated. Having an ID is just part of society, even if not required by law. You need one to buy lots of items, gain admission to many places, get behind a wheel of a car, or in the theme park world...to validate yourself in case you need a new ticket. Had the user LOST their pass, they would be REQUIRED to show ID in order to get a replacement. Do I NEED one to get into the parks (while using the magicband), no, but I still have one on me...just in case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom