Annual Passholder Parking Issues

ItsTiggerTime

OK now you've got me asking questions about your car LOL. What is it?

I hope I'm not the only person hoping this is the answer:)
DMC-12.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Actually, with the magic band, you don't need an ID. Example: When pulling up to a resort hotel for check in, they ask you for EITHER an ID OR to scan your magicband. In the context of this post, the op did not have a magic band, only the physical AP, which if the old policy sticks with the use of the OLD, then yes..they will ask for ID for verification when they feel necessary (which sometimes may not seem like a valid reason)

I'm not going to argue that a picture on the pass would solve all these problems, I agree with that. The problem then comes into people who will inevitably complain about having their picture taken, somehow claiming they are being violated. Having an ID is just part of society, even if not required by law. You need one to buy lots of items, gain admission to many places, get behind a wheel of a car, or in the theme park world...to validate yourself in case you need a new ticket. Had the user LOST their pass, they would be REQUIRED to show ID in order to get a replacement. Do I NEED one to get into the parks (while using the magicband), no, but I still have one on me...just in case.

I agree with you on all these points - Disney could make picture optional for those with religious or I don't want Disney selling my image reasons.

backinaction

The first second and third of this month they asked for Id. After that they havent asked us at all. Hope they stop asking. Its a pain

photoflight

OK now you've got me asking questions about your car LOL. What is it?

Nothing special, just a Mazda MX5 - but apparently the guy in the booth has a twin of it. I get a lot of comments from little kids when I'm parking though...the "look at how small it is" gets old. Apparently they've never seen a smart car :)

ILOVEDISNEY

I was stopped twice with no explanation this summer. I contacted Guest Services and was told some guests were giving their APs to others to avoid the parking fee. I suggested posting signs that ID would be required. The CM said my suggestion would be passed on. Both times I was stopped my AP was scanned and then the CM requested a photo ID--once politely at DS, and the other very rudely at the MK by some middle aged Nazi. I was thinking former military, or law enforcement. I was not pleased to say the least since I've been an AP since 2004 and been to the parks over 300 times and never have been treated so rudely by a CM.

eddieh

For me, it hasn't been consistent. I've had times when they match my ID against the signature on the pass, others they have just asked to see it, others I've been scanned, and sometimes just waved through.

It's been difficult because I don't know which they'll ask for. I try to have it ready so that it's easy to get through, but with inconsistencies, it always takes longer.

Oddysey

It seems to be hit or miss. I have been waved through more than asked, but on occasion I do get asked. Based on numerous morning and evening trips it seems cast members get more lenient as the day gets later.

mergatroid

In the last month we were there for a 3 week period so must have visited on about 14 days. We were asked for photo ID once and maybe a couple of other times they actually took the AP off me to check it thoroughly. At the studios one night around 6pm the guy at the booth just waved me through as I drove up because there was a card in my hand, wasn't interested in the slightst at even looking what I was holding and just barely acknowledged my existence as I said Annual Pass as though I was disturbing him. So it does vary but this is our first year ever asked for ID at the parking lot.

WDW1974

Have yet to be asked for it. Even was a bit worried when I let @Lee borrow my AP to run Mrs. Lee back to the hotel last month. ...They may be doing this at times, but they certainly are not doing so with any regularity. I also wouldn't' doubt they are doing this at very busy times (like first thing in the mornings) moreso.

DisneyCane

Why not just make an AP lane with RFID reader and fingerprint scanner like the park entrance. Either have an automatic gate or a CM standing there to say you are good to go.

NowInc

Why not just make an AP lane with RFID reader and fingerprint scanner like the park entrance. Either have an automatic gate or a CM standing there to say you are good to go.

Because no matter if its AP only, everyone will try to use it. Not everyone speaks english, not everyone understands what an "AP Only lane" would mean. It would be GREAT if you could guarantee that only passholders would use it, but we all know that would,sadly, never be the case.

DisneyCane

Because no matter if its AP only, everyone will try to use it. Not everyone speaks english, not everyone understands what an "AP Only lane" would mean. It would be GREAT if you could guarantee that only passholders would use it, but we all know that would,sadly, never be the case.

Good point. I guess you'd have to put the readers at every station with a fingerprint reader that can be passed to the driver if needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom