Annual Passholder Parking Issues

RSoxNo1

I have been asked for my ID with my AP on recent trips. However, I think this has more to do with cast members not recognizing the Premier Pass.

backinaction

I don't mind showing my Id at the gate however I would like to see some consistency when it comes to asking. It annoying to have a different protocol everytime you enter the park.

rangerbob

Why not just make an AP lane with RFID reader and fingerprint scanner like the park entrance. Either have an automatic gate or a CM standing there to say you are good to go.
Because people can't read and will get in that lane and clog it up because the teller doesn't have a cash drawer and the tourist is trying to back out of the lane and almost backing into other cars.

WDWoptmist

Hey Kids.

In the past several days, I've run across a few differences in the normal routine of parking with an Annual Pass.

Several friends have been asked for their ID/license to match signatures on the back at a toll plaza.

I had my pass swiped at the toll plaza for parking at DHS yesterday much like Universal does.

So what have your experiences been in the past week?

This has only come up very recently.

Is this happening for off-duty CM's? If you are an on-property guest, are they running your KTTW? Or is this a fluke thing? (..... which it seems like its not.)
I was there over the weekend and parked at EC twice and MK yesterday with the usual hold your pass out the window with a rolling stop wave through from the CM (how about that description lol)

The Visionary Soul

Remove the parking as an automatic AP benefit. However, Passholders can purchase a non-removable decal for $100 per car that allows one car for that calendar year. Bingo, problem solved.

NearTheEars

Remove the parking as an automatic AP benefit. However, Passholders can purchase a non-removable decal for $100 per car that allows one car for that calendar year. Bingo, problem solved.

I would rather it remain one of my benefits tyvm haha. But I'd certainly be willing to slap a sticker on my car for extra verification.

The Visionary Soul

I would rather it remain one of my benefits tyvm haha. But I'd certainly be willing to slap a sticker on my car for extra verification.
Oh, it is your benefit... only APs have the benefit of being able to purchase them. ;) And you're just paying for the sticker... the stickers are printed on real gold leaf!

backinaction

just what we need right now. to give disney more money. If parking weren't a part of the annual, i know we would stop getting the annual and so would a lot of other people who are on the fence about an annual. usually the break even point is 2 trips because of the 15 dollar parking.

MissM

If parking weren't a part of the annual, i know we would stop getting the annual and so would a lot of other people who are on the fence about an annual. usually the break even point is 2 trips because of the 15 dollar parking.
Your comment made me look at the current value of FL resident AP vs Florida resident seasonal AP. And the numbers have gone up. It used to be something like if you were going more than 7 single days a year, you might as well get the full AP since you'll be paying that in parking anyway. Plus, you get unlimited days without blackouts.

Looking at the current rates though, it's $494.16 for a FL resident AP and $329.09 for a FL resident seasonal. 494 - 329 is $165 divide that by $15/day = 11. So now the break even point is 11 days. If you have an AP but only go 8 days a year, you're actually spending more money than if you got a seasonal - parking included! (The numbers work out a little better for renewals; $419.61 FL Res AP renewal - $281.16 FL res seasonal renewal = $138 / $15 = 9.2)

I think Disney knows that a vast majority of people would simply get the Seasonal instead of the full if it weren't for the free parking. It's what lured us into finally going full one year after handing over yet another $14 (at the time) parking fee.

The Visionary Soul

just what we need right now. to give disney more money. If parking weren't a part of the annual, i know we would stop getting the annual and so would a lot of other people who are on the fence about an annual. usually the break even point is 2 trips because of the 15 dollar parking.
Parking is free for guests staying on property. Disney would rather you do that.

NowInc

...free parking with annual passes (not seasonal) is a common practice not only by disney. In fact, last I checked, parking at "that other place" is $1 more :p Not starting a flame war, but just pointing out that its the same policies at other places, and I'm pretty confident they would rather you stay at THEIR hotels too.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I had a strange, rather irritating, issue with Jim in the Magic Kingdom parking turnstile yesterday. On our way through the gate, he asked if he could scan my AP, which of course I said yes. After he scanned it, he looks at his screen and goes "Woah! Red flag!" He then looks at me and says "where did you get this?" I explained to him it was my annual pass, to which he said, "oh no it isn't. On my screen here it says it belongs to a 15 year old boy. You clearly aren't 15." I told him that must be some kind of error, that I'd been a pass holder for years and had this particular AP since last spring when they converted everyone to RFID passes. He kept shaking his head saying "nope". I asked if he'd like to see my ID to verify, and he said, "we're way past that, I'm getting management right now." So he called his supervisor, while we were still right there in the gate, with cars behind us, honking horns in annoyance. I had no choice but to wait, since Jim was still in possession of my AP.

When the supervisor (Mike) arrived, he couldn't have been friendlier. He looked at the screen and rather than being accusatory like Jim explained that it appeared to have the birthday wrong and just asked to see my ID. He verified all of my other information and politely apologized and said I should just visit guest relations to get them to update the birthday. He apologized for Jim's "confusion" and explained to Jim that next time if the ID matches, to just let the guest through and recommend they visit guest relations.

A very helpful guest relations cast member (Cierra) fixed the issue and thought it probably had something to do I with our recently registering magic bands to our accounts and linking them to our AP's for an upcoming stay ("the new system is very buggy right now.") She fixed it and even gave our whole group a fast pass for the inconvenience it caused. She also said Jim should not have been "so gung-ho" about insisting there was an issue. She took down his name and booth number.

I'm very happy the two cast members were helpful and friendly and able to resolve the issue. Both Mike and Cierra were great. Jim, however, needs some additional guest service training- he probably should not have immediately accused me of running some kind of scheme. It didn't bother me much, because it was ultimately resolved, but if my mother or boyfriend had been the ones accused (both of whom were with me in the car), they would not have been nearly as patient as I was. I can only assume Jim was new and was told to be on the lookout for potential scams. He probably thought he had uncovered some kind of scheme.

Anyway, like I said the situation was resolved and all was well, just wish it didn't require so much hassle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom